179 1 3-25 15:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

3D obstacle avoidance is an important function of Mavic 3 (classic, pro and regular mavic 3). I experienced an incident: when I flied a very low position with my friend to take cherry blossom video, we controlled the drone in a small road, and my friend concentrated in taking photo and did not notice that he got very close to my drone. Unfortunately, my drone propeller hurt one of my friend’s fingertip, induced a small wound. I am thinking a suggestion:

Currently when drone detects an obstacle, drone stops moving. If DJI can add a function: when drone detects an obstacle moving forward to the drone in an unsafe distance, drone can automatic move away: forward or backward,  left or right, it can help to avoid any possible incident like I experienced today.

I just don't know whether DJI can add this function in new drone or drones in market by update a firmware, to increase the safety when you fly a drone.

3-25 15:51
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, there. We are sorry to hear this accident. May we know your friend's condition and how about the injury now? Please take care of the wound and go to the hospital in time if necessary. Please do keep a distance from the drone when flying. As for the Obstacle Avoidance, you can set to Bypass or Brack in DJI Fly. You may refer to: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v2.2_en.pdf
3-25 19:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules