ARC V Strobe Placement
143 3 3-25 16:00
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mhammann57
lvl.1

United States

I am contemplating the purchase of a strobe for my Mini 4 Pro.  I have heard that it could interfere with the GPS and compass so I would like to know if anyone has advice on the best place to attach the strobe.  The model I am considering is the ARC V by Firehouse.  I feel like mounting it on the top side of the drone would be best but am interested to hear what others say.  Thank you!  Mark - McKinney Texas
3-25 16:00
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

It all depends on what purpose you are using the strobe light for. If in order for the drone to be better visible from the ground, then it is of course better to install it from below the drone.
If it is to scare away birds, then you can do it on a beam or on beams with motors.
I installed a strobe light, but on a sunny day it is no longer visible from 200-300 meters and the birds are not afraid of it.
3-25 23:34
Use props
mhammann57
lvl.1

United States

Thank you Serg SSA for the advice!  I ordered the strobe for the purpose of flying at night and want to be compliant with the FAA's Part 107 regulations.  As far as I can tell, I only need one light to be visible for 3 statute miles and flash at the proper rate to avoid collision.  It seems as though mounting the light on top of my Mini 4 Pro makes the most sense however, I am not sure if there is an optimal location that would prevent interference with GPS.  I also like the idea of mounting on top so that I am not blinded when looking at a bottom mounted strobe when it is directly above, especially up close during take-off and landing.  Thanks again!  Mark
3-26 17:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mhammann57. We do not recommend you use third-party accessories, because we cannot promise its performance, the compatibility of accessories may affect the flight performance and functions of the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding and support.
3-26 21:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules