File transfer issues
265 6 3-26 11:26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jhill
lvl.2

United States

Sorry if a repost but I don’t think the original went through.

Having an issue where pc and laptop say the as card needs to be formatted and file unrecognizable.  This is the second time it’s happened and this time I have footage I want to keep.  I thought the first time the card might have gotten corrupted or whatever but now twice.  I can see the footage and download it on my phone but not PC or laptop.  The last time I formatted it and then did a test video and it transferred after so it seems it’s happening after capturing multiple days footage but I don’t know how to get the files from sd card, tried direct from camera and also card reader neither works.  I’m at a loss here, anyone had this happen?
3-26 11:26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jhill. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. May we ask what DJI device you have and what SD card are you using with it? We will wait for your reply.
3-26 20:42
Use props
Jhill
lvl.2

United States

Yes it’s a Sandisk 256gb extreme sd card.  Seems I’m not the only one with this issue and it has something to do with the way the osmo action 4 formats the card and once formatted with the camera windows will no longer recognize it.  Doesn’t seem like there is any way to save this one so I guess from here on out i should only format with the PC but hopefully you guys will look into this and address it.  Mine does exactly as these others describe.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=296910&extra=&page=1
3-26 21:06
Use props
Jhill
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-26 20:42
Hi, Jhill. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. May we ask what DJI device you have and what SD card are you using with it? We will wait for your reply.

Ok I have figured out the bug and it’s something to do with the app.  If I record a video and then connect to PC there is no issue.  The issue only happens if I record something and then use the app to preview it.  If I do that then when I get home the PC will no longer recognize the format of the SD card, something in the app changes the card to no longer be recognizable

Please look into this.
3-30 08:59
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jhill Posted at 3-30 08:59
Ok I have figured out the bug and it’s something to do with the app.  If I record a video and then connect to PC there is no issue.  The issue only happens if I record something and then use the app to preview it.  If I do that then when I get home the PC will no longer recognize the format of the SD card, something in the app changes the card to no longer be recognizable

Please look into this.

Hi, Jhill. We're sorry for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by different format methods of the Osmo Action 4 and PC. We highly suggest to use a PC to format the SD card and then use it normally. Rest assured that we will help you forward this feedback to our related department. Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-2 01:34
Use props
Jhill
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-2 01:34
Hi, Jhill. We're sorry for the inconvenience. This issue is caused by different format methods of the Osmo Action 4 and PC. We highly suggest to use a PC to format the SD card and then use it normally. Rest assured that we will help you forward this feedback to our related department. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Ok hopefully you guys work this out because it’s a bit frustrating to have a camera that you can’t use a PC to edit afterwards.  I’ll do some more testing because I’ve had it work and then not work after using the app reviewing the same video so now I’m worried to even use the app to review while mobile for fear it won’t work in the PC once I get home.  Love everything else about the camera but compared to GoPros bunch of little bugs here and there this one is a much bigger issue if it renders your SD card full of a weeks trip to become completely useless afterwards and can’t get the video.
4-2 09:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jhill Posted at 4-2 09:14
Ok hopefully you guys work this out because it’s a bit frustrating to have a camera that you can’t use a PC to edit afterwards.  I’ll do some more testing because I’ve had it work and then not work after using the app reviewing the same video so now I’m worried to even use the app to review while mobile for fear it won’t work in the PC once I get home.  Love everything else about the camera but compared to GoPros bunch of little bugs here and there this one is a much bigger issue if it renders your SD card full of a weeks trip to become completely useless afterwards and can’t get the video.

We appreciate your feedback and we understood your frustration. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Osmo Action 3 and DJI Mimo application updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your valued support.
4-4 03:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules