Travel Tips (Airplane)
257 10 3-27 06:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joshiy13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534337 ft
Austria

Hi, im going traveling soon with my dji avata, and I will take the airplane. I have heard that traditionals fpv drones often have issues with airplane security and id like to avoid that. Does anyone have any tips on how to store my drone during the flight/how to pack my drone and equipment?

3-27 06:48
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I carry everything onboard. Never check any batteries, always carry in carry-on.
3-27 08:53
Use props
fans8e422104
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1967349 ft
United States

First time they will usually swab the batteries. Every time after that I get right though. Always in your carryon, never checked.
3-27 09:06
Use props
Joshiy13
lvl.2
Austria

KLRSKIR Posted at 3-27 08:53
I carry everything onboard. Never check any batteries, always carry in carry-on.

Okay so I should just put it in my backpack? Is the drone safe to go in the checked suitcase?

I have seen traditional fpv pilots pack batteries in lithium bag should I do that?
3-27 12:54
Use props
Joshiy13
lvl.2
Austria

fans8e422104 Posted at 3-27 09:06
First time they will usually swab the batteries. Every time after that I get right though. Always in your carryon, never checked.

What does "Swab the batteries" mean? Sorry, english is not my first language
3-27 12:55
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Joshiy13 Posted at 3-27 12:54
Okay so I should just put it in my backpack? Is the drone safe to go in the checked suitcase?

I have seen traditional fpv pilots pack batteries in lithium bag should I do that?

I have never checked a drone in a suitcase. I always have them in a GPC hard case as a carry-on. Spare batteries that do not fit in the hard case are carried in a lithium bag. TSA has never batted an eye. Be sure to have a look at your airlines webpage.
3-28 03:53
Use props
Joshiy13
lvl.2
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 3-28 03:53
I have never checked a drone in a suitcase. I always have them in a GPC hard case as a carry-on. Spare batteries that do not fit in the hard case are carried in a lithium bag. TSA has never batted an eye. Be sure to have a look at your airlines webpage.

Okay, I will do that! Thank you very much!
3-28 05:31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joshiy13 Posted at 3-27 12:55
What does "Swab the batteries" mean? Sorry, english is not my first language

They sometimes rub a wipe over the battery to test for drugs or explosives,   they do this to anything with a battery.  

Also make sure your batteries have some charge as the security people occasionally ask you to turn on a device to ensure the battery is real.  
3-28 07:19
Use props
Joshiy13
lvl.2
Austria

DAFlys Posted at 3-28 07:19
They sometimes rub a wipe over the battery to test for drugs or explosives,   they do this to anything with a battery.  

Also make sure your batteries have some charge as the security people occasionally ask you to turn on a device to ensure the battery is real.

Ah okay, thank you! I will make sure of that, thank you very much!
So for examples for my googles, I should out the battery to the avata batteries and the goggles in my backpack/checked bag?
3-28 10:56
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. When traveling with your drone and batteries, different countries or airlines have different policies. In this instance, please get in touch with the airline you wish to travel with so we can give you the necessary aircraft and battery-related parameters (DJI website spec page) or documentation (MSDS files, for example). Thank you for your cooperation.
3-28 14:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joshiy13 Posted at 3-28 10:56
Ah okay, thank you! I will make sure of that, thank you very much!
So for examples for my googles, I should out the battery to the avata batteries and the goggles in my backpack/checked bag?

I always put the drones and batteries in the carry on with me,  make sure theres some charge in everything and all should be fine.  
3-29 00:00
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules