Lens Protector
233 2 3-27 12:38
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Searched for answer...no go.  My previous drone is the MA 2.  The lens/gimbal protector on it locks the gimbal from any movement.  On the Mini 4 Pro the protector does prevent any blows to the gimbal assembly but it appears to me the gimbal will still bounce/rotate up and down if in a car driving down the road.  Am I installing it incorrectly or is this just the way it is?

3-27 12:38
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly refer to the image below on how to properly install the gimbal protector. As long as you have installed the gimbal protector properly it will prevent the gimbal from being damaged due to collision or falling. You may place the unit in a safe box inside your car to ensure the safety of the unit. Lastly, please note that the aircraft camera’s center of gravity is not the center point of the camera structure, the gimbal motor cannot provide stabilization when the aircraft is powered off. At this point, the camera will be affected by the gravity factor. It is normal for it to tilt when placed at a fixed angle. Feel free to continue using your product. Hope this helps.
3-27 20:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They changed the design mid way through the Mini 3 Pro production,  the early ones did as yiuy describe and held the camera tight and then the removed the ridges and carried that design to the Mini4.
3-28 07:12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules