299 33 3-28 07:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used mapping software to help the local AMA club to find their abandoned airplanes. It's a great way to keep a good relationship with the air fields andwork with them.

airplane.jpg
3-28 07:44
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I can't figure out if this is a joke or for real? Cuz there's that black box of some sort which looks like an entrance to a bunker maybe, and it's about the same size as an ariplane?
Also, what kind of "vegetation" is that? They don't look like trees? Carpet? :-) Or some shrubs?
3-28 08:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 3-28 08:11
I can't figure out if this is a joke or for real? Cuz there's that black box of some sort which looks like an entrance to a bunker maybe, and it's about the same size as an ariplane?
Also, what kind of "vegetation" is that? They don't look like trees? Carpet? :-) Or some shrubs?

They re weeds of some kind. It makes it hard to hike through these fields and find the airplanes.
3-28 11:03
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I see, I see. Well, pardon my ignorance, I just never seen anything like this before and wasn't sure if you were in a funny mood or not :-)

But I must say that's a rough spot to park an airplane.

3-28 11:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot and nice find Charles.    Any idea what the black box was?
3-28 13:08
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 13:08
Great shot and nice find Charles.    Any idea what the black box was?

This is a garbage dump.I would believe it's some type of sewage box
3-28 13:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-28 13:11
This is a garbage dump.I would believe it's some type of sewage box

Yuck!!   No wonder it is still there and nobody has taken it.  At least the model airplane was worth retrieving.  
3-28 14:11
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-28 14:11
Yuck!!   No wonder it is still there and nobody has taken it.  At least the model airplane was worth retrieving.

Hiking through the toxic dump isn't fun. Hopefully the members will appreciate it.
3-28 15:33
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

A "model" airplane? I thought we are talking about a real one. Ok, no wonder I was confused.
3-28 15:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 3-28 15:51
A "model" airplane? I thought we are talking about a real one. Ok, no wonder I was confused.

It's an AMA model Airplane field.  It's a FRIA for drones.
3-28 15:58
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Well, I learned two new terms today (thanks to google... I mean DDG): AMA and FRIA.
3-28 16:18
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

osmonauta Posted at 3-28 16:18
Well, I learned two new terms today (thanks to google... I mean DDG): AMA and FRIA.

They are both American Terms. FRIAs are place you can fly without remote IDs here. The are usually at AMA fields thathave applied for it.
3-28 16:42
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1469341 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Might be able to offer a drone to drone recovery service if the planes aren't too heavy Charles.
Looks lik you'd certainly need a set of waders to get in to that spot.
3-28 18:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im assuming thats a model.   I found one last year whilst out flying,  there was a thread about it.
3-29 00:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-28 15:33
Hiking through the toxic dump isn't fun. Hopefully the members will appreciate it.

Almost sounds like you need to suit up to enter that location.  I'm sure the members will be most appreciative.  
3-29 01:53
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 01:53
Almost sounds like you need to suit up to enter that location.  I'm sure the members will be most appreciative.

I am trying to build a relationship between the drone pilots and the Airplane pilots. For the most part airplane gus find us an annoyance. If you find someone;s lost airplane they're a friend for life.
3-29 04:26
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 01:53

The ticks like the area. That's about it.
3-29 04:36
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:26
I am trying to build a relationship between the drone pilots and the Airplane pilots. For the most part airplane gus find us an annoyance. If you find someone;s lost airplane they're a friend for life.

I know exactly what you are saying.  there is a nearby RC airplane field nearby and they have a sign prominently displayed at the entrance - NO DRONES!  At a local council meeting several of the RC airplane club members were the most vocal about getting more stricter drone laws passed.  I'm just waiting for one of their RC airplanes to land on my property.  
3-29 11:45
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 04:36
The ticks like the area. That's about it.

I detest ticks as they can be infected with bacteria, viruses, or parasites. I know a few people that got Lyme disease from tick bites and that can cause some long term effects.  When I'm out checking out the brushy areas of my property I'm always wearing long pants and then shed them and get into my outdoor shower when I get back to the boat.  Nothing worse than a mosquito or tick in my books.
3-29 11:56
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 11:45
I know exactly what you are saying.  there is a nearby RC airplane field nearby and they have a sign prominently displayed at the entrance - NO DRONES!  At a local council meeting several of the RC airplane club members were the most vocal about getting more stricter drone laws passed.  I'm just waiting for one of their RC airplanes to land on my property.

Some of them are jealous of what drones can do. Drones get in their way when they are flying. Part of that is drone pilots that don't yield to the right of way. Airplanes don't have the ability to stop and move. A little education goes a long way and helping them with their problems is a better way to win them over.
3-29 14:57
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-29 11:56
I detest ticks as they can be infected with bacteria, viruses, or parasites. I know a few people that got Lyme disease from tick bites and that can cause some long term effects.  When I'm out checking out the brushy areas of my property I'm always wearing long pants and then shed them and get into my outdoor shower when I get back to the boat.  Nothing worse than a mosquito or tick in my books.

Very true. I hate both too. But it's part of the outdoors.
3-29 15:00
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like a pretty wild area. No wonder they couldn't find it from ground level. Nice work for the community, Charles
3-29 23:16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 14:57
Some of them are jealous of what drones can do. Drones get in their way when they are flying. Part of that is drone pilots that don't yield to the right of way. Airplanes don't have the ability to stop and move. A little education goes a long way and helping them with their problems is a better way to win them over.

Unfortunately, the problem here is it is impossible to help them as they are strongly biased against drones.  The land where they have their airfield is currently up for sale.  I might just put in a bid and then they would have to be willing to work together with drone pilots.  
3-30 03:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-29 15:00
Very true. I hate both too. But it's part of the outdoors.

Unfortunately, they are.  After talking with a local professor a couple of years back I planted Lavenders, marigolds and lemon grass alongside my dock and also alongside my combo storage room/garage.  Haven't seen any mosquitos nearby since.  Now, on the backside of my property is a whole other story with mosquitos.  
3-30 04:05
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-30 04:05
Unfortunately, they are.  After talking with a local professor a couple of years back I planted Lavenders, marigolds and lemon grass alongside my dock and also alongside my combo storage room/garage.  Haven't seen any mosquitos nearby since.  Now, on the backside of my property is a whole other story with mosquitos.

That's a good strategy
3-30 10:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-30 10:43
That's a good strategy

So far it has worked really well.  Much safer than using DEET and other chemical sprays.
3-31 04:02
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 04:02
So far it has worked really well.  Much safer than using DEET and other chemical sprays.

If you can do that it's the best way. Deet kills everything.
3-31 05:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 05:01
If you can do that it's the best way. Deet kills everything.

It's hard to believe that they haven't made the use of DEET illegal.  I've seen where repeated use of DEET can lead to toxic encephalopathy with severe neurological symptoms including seizures, tremors and slurred speech. That product should be outlawed.
3-31 05:42
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 05:42
It's hard to believe that they haven't made the use of DEET illegal.  I've seen where repeated use of DEET can lead to toxic encephalopathy with severe neurological symptoms including seizures, tremors and slurred speech. That product should be outlawed.

When I used to hike with boyscouts I used the concentrated deet in bad areas. Once I applied it to my face to heavilly and my lips and throat went numb. I stopped using it after that.
3-31 06:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 3-31 06:03
When I used to hike with boyscouts I used the concentrated deet in bad areas. Once I applied it to my face to heavilly and my lips and throat went numb. I stopped using it after that.

Yeah, that would have been all it took for me to say I'm never using that crap again.  
3-31 06:46
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-31 06:46
Yeah, that would have been all it took for me to say I'm never using that crap again.

And it was.
3-31 07:10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice job!
4-1 23:35
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks I found 2 intact airplanes on this run.
4-2 03:31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-2 03:31
Thanks I found 2 intact airplanes on this run.

Very nice
4-2 03:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules