SD Card File System Error
146 2 3-28 11:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

All of a sudden my RC Pro is telling me that all of my Micro SD cards have a "SD file system error". This message is showing on the main screen of the controller. Cards that have worked previously are now not seen by the system.

SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 and 64 GB cards both getting the same error message.

When I try to go an format the card the SD card in the Mavic 3 is not selectable only the Internal Storage and it is not recognzing the card size. it is saying that there are 7.9GB/&.9 Avaialble when the card is 128GB card. Anyway when I try to select the card of the drone to try and format it I get an error message that says "SD card unavilable. Storage Location switched to aircraft internal storage."

I didn't know that the aircraft had internal storage I thought only the controller had internal storage. What is going on?
3-28 11:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you confirm if you also experience an issue if you insert the SD card on the DJI RC Pro? Try to back up all the files on the said SD cards and reformat it using your computer then check if the issue persists. If you still experience the same issue, connect the drone to your computer and run the DJI Assistant 2 software. Update/Refresh the firmware on both aircraft and the remote controller then check. Please be advised that the DJI Mavic 3 Pro does have an internal storage of 8GB. Please keep us posted.

3-28 19:57
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you format the card to clear it of space? Did you do this on a device such as a Mac or a PC? Are you happy to format the cards and lose what's on there?

If so, go to the settings menu and find the storage section and format the SD card within the RC. This should fix your issue. For some reason formatting to ExFat on an external device will still cause an File System Error - DJI now likes the cards formatted how they want it doing in their drones.

If you have data you don't want to lose, back it all up on to another device and then carry out the above.

Yes, the modern drones have a bit of internal space. Not a lot, but it'll get you out of a pinch if you're flying and need to get a shot with no space left on your card.

3-29 01:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules