Auto-Calibrate Gimbal Every Flight!? HELP!
2922 11 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jtmatchett
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone calibrate their gimbal before each flight? I noticed after the latest firmware that the horizon is not level again. I got out my level and placed my Phantom on the most level surface in my house. I did an Auto-Calibration and it did fix the horizon level issue. BUT, when I turned the Phantom off and then back on, the horizon was not level again. Anyone else notice this?
2015-9-12
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

your thread saved me asking the same question cant remedy the problem myself but don't worry we wont have to wait long before some of the guys respond come on sploodge, raykoni, redhotpoker, williewonka to name but a few who are worth listening to
2015-9-12
Use props
gHiDoRa
lvl.1

United States

no i dont do thr gimbal caliration everytime and yes i still had titled problem but not really bad, im just normal flyer so no big deal. Anyway did u tried to do the IMU caliration yet?
2015-9-12
Use props
jtmatchett
lvl.1

United States

I have not tried an IMU calibration yet. Not sure that will actually fix it. No other issues other than the tilted horizon level.
2015-9-13
Use props
danieldos22
New

United States

Yes you have each flight calibrate
2015-9-13
Use props
gHiDoRa
lvl.1

United States

jtmatchett Posted at 2015-9-13 21:23
I have not tried an IMU calibration yet. Not sure that will actually fix it. No other issues other t ...

yes IMU caliration could fix yr titled video problem, made sure do gimbal calibration right after IMU calibtation.
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

jtmatchett Posted at 2015-9-13 21:23
I have not tried an IMU calibration yet. Not sure that will actually fix it. No other issues other t ...

make sure you do a COLD IMU calibration, so u dont have to wait when u turn on p3 for the imu warming up sign.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-27393-1-1.html
2015-9-13
Use props
jtmatchett
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I just calibrated the IMU for the first time and auto-calibrated the gimbal afterwards. WOO HOO!! Fixed my issue! To confirm it was fixed, I powered down the Phantom and then powered it back on and horizon was still level. No need to re-calibrate every time! Thank you all for your help!

2015-9-13
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

jtmatchett Posted at 2015-9-13 17:07
Ok, I just calibrated the IMU for the first time and auto-calibrated the gimbal afterwards. WOO HOO! ...

The horizon in your pic is not level.  Was this a before or after?   That amount of tilt drives me batty... I have to combat it every flight as well.   Even after auto calibrating while in a solid hover, it goes in and out of level.    At least we're not alone in these problems.!
2015-9-13
Use props
jtmatchett
lvl.1

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-9-13 18:12
The horizon in your pic is not level.  Was this a before or after?   That amount of tilt drives me ...

This was after IMU calibration. You should have seen it before. It was pretty windy when I took this so I'm sure thats having some effect on it. When I had the Phantom at lower altitudes the horizon level was fine..
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

danieldos22@hot Posted at 2015-9-13 22:16
Yes you have each flight calibrate

no u dont need to do imu calibration b4 each flight, absolutely you dont
2015-9-14
Use props
gHiDoRa
lvl.1

United States

jtmatchett Posted at 2015-9-13 17:07
Ok, I just calibrated the IMU for the first time and auto-calibrated the gimbal afterwards. WOO HOO! ...

good to hear it fixed your problem.
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules