4G Dongle in RC Pro Enterprise, Is it working Again?
203 8 3-29 19:23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

I was considering getting the 4G dongle for access to the NTRIP network on my M3T. Lately, sunspots, unicorns, leprecauns, have been giving my use of my phone as a hotspot, fits. I have seen you can use the 4G dongle internally as a substitute for your phone as a hotspot. Seems cleaner for workflow. However, I saw the 8/23 update killed it. So has anybody used it since the subsequent updates? Working again, specifically in the USA? They have gotten cheaper as of late.
3-29 19:23
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It only works in China since a few months now. Used to work other countries but Dji stopped that.
3-29 22:31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to tell you that No, DJI 4G dongle is only available in Mainland China.
3-30 02:57
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tried using a third party cellular dongle in the same USB port where the DJI dongle goes? A USC C to Ethernet adapter works in the main USB C port so you'd think the other one might work as well for getting an internet connection.
3-30 03:55
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

I think it may be difficult. I looked over a selection of them last night. It comes down to a form factor problem. First off, most terminate in USB A. Then they ar bulky due to internal batteries and usually some kind of screen. If I had a USB-C Femal-USB-C Female converter I would first off try to plug my phone directly into it in tethered mode. Just missing an adaptor. If it worked, then perhaps doing surgery on a portable hotspot might work out.
3-30 07:20
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

I tried tethering my phone to the internal USB-C. I had to use 4 cables and converters based on what I had lying around. No joy. No matter which mode I tried on the controller and selections that remain inactive, I could not get it to provide tethered data connection. I also tried tethered on the external USB-C port, also not possible. I would hazard a guess that the internal port is de-activated outside mainland China. At one point in one of my older drones, it was convinced it was in mainland China. Took a while to get it out of that mode of thinking on the older smart controller.  Too bad, would have been a nice convenient clean option for RC data input.
3-30 09:41
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 3-30 09:41
I tried tethering my phone to the internal USB-C. I had to use 4 cables and converters based on what I had lying around. No joy. No matter which mode I tried on the controller and selections that remain inactive, I could not get it to provide tethered data connection. I also tried tethered on the external USB-C port, also not possible. I would hazard a guess that the internal port is de-activated outside mainland China. At one point in one of my older drones, it was convinced it was in mainland China. Took a while to get it out of that mode of thinking on the older smart controller.  Too bad, would have been a nice convenient clean option for RC data input.

Just earlier today I tried USB tethering from my phone on the main USB C port. I tried several combination of adapters and cables just like you did but eventually I got it to work. On my phone, I had to change it to file transfer USB mode and that unlocked the option to USB tether. I turned off WiFi and Pilot 2 was still signed into my FlightHub 2 account which means it had some kind of internet connection. I didn't have a chance to try much else but I will try again later today to really test it.
3-30 13:23
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
United States

The one thing it did for me was go into HotSpot mode, which I didn't know the controller could do. I was checking it by trying to download an offline map, and it wad say "Network Not Available." I do admit, my concoction of cables may have made less than workable.
3-30 14:35
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 3-30 14:35
The one thing it did for me was go into HotSpot mode, which I didn't know the controller could do. I was checking it by trying to download an offline map, and it wad say "Network Not Available." I do admit, my concoction of cables may have made less than workable.

I tested 2 configurations today: V60 20240331_225914_V60.NIGHT~2 (1).jpg

This one gave the RC a full gigabit connection but required 2 adapters and a cable.

imagejpeg_0 (8)~2.jpg
This USB C female to USB A male to USB OTG enabled the USB tether option on my Android. Even though the phone thought it was providing Internet over USB, the RC never acted like it had a connection.
3-31 20:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules