Firmware Version v01.04.05.10 removes custom presets
378 16 3-31 01:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst I applaud DJI for continuing to issue new firmware updates, this latest one yet again removes all custom presets on the Action 4 camera. Fortunately I have now written down all my C1 to C5 custom presets, but it’s still time wasted having to set them up again every time there is a firmware update.

Interestingly, it doesn’t happen with my Pocket 3!!  So how come custom presets are retained with Pocket 3 firmware releases but NOT with the Action 4??
3-31 01:15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will forward this to our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.
3-31 04:22
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Slovakia

True, that’s happening in every update
IMG_2643.jpeg
3-31 04:30
Use props
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Wtf

Just did update and it's zapped my settings.   No warning. Nothing.

I'm new to this action cam thing and hadn't written anything down, and then I see it's a known issue with DJI cameras.
It took me weeks to get settings I like.

@DJI. why did you do this? This is nuts, not even a warning to write down the settings.
Do you hate your newbie users or something?

This plus your reluctance to publish Log-M makes me wish I got a Hero.
3-31 08:37
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-31 04:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will forward this to our relevant team for further clarification. We will keep you posted.

That's very OOOOLD problem, are you joking about forwarding?
3-31 10:59
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

crypticc Posted at 3-31 08:37
Wtf

Just did update and it's zapped my settings.   No warning. Nothing.

Go buy a gopro then if that will make you happy
3-31 14:27
Use props
crypticc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I liked the features that were advertised, and seemingly in all the video reviews.
Less keen on the features that were not advertised, like not being able to use the advertised features, and then having my settings zapped.
3-31 15:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DaLyR Posted at 3-31 10:59
That's very OOOOLD problem, are you joking about forwarding?

Hello, DaLyR. We understand your frustration regarding the said concern. Rest assured that we will provide you with further information after we receive the updates from our team. Thank you for your understanding.
3-31 23:43
Use props
Reiner.
lvl.4
Germany

Why does "The Team" not implement a feature to store/reload custom seetings to/from the microSD card? Maybe that's easier than avoiding a complete reset with every update.
4-1 05:51
Use props
TheStriff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24839 ft
Australia

Arghhhh, just found this out myself.
Coming from GoPro and INsta360 never have I lost settings upgrading firmware.

Guess I'm a bit lucky that I had written my settings down.
4-1 17:49
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reiner. Posted at 4-1 05:51
Why does "The Team" not implement a feature to store/reload custom seetings to/from the microSD card? Maybe that's easier than avoiding a complete reset with every update.

This has been asked for drones also and still on deaf ears, it really doesn't take much to save settings to a .XML file that will save to the SD card, many apps have this so even if its Mimo app based, is very easily doable, its simply ignored I'm afraid.
4-1 18:41
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

Bashy Posted at 4-1 18:41
This has been asked for drones also and still on deaf ears, it really doesn't take much to save settings to a .XML file that will save to the SD card, many apps have this so even if its Mimo app based, is very easily doable, its simply ignored I'm afraid.

Maybe by stopping buying their products for a longer time will make them to take us seriously, they just add 2-3 small/useless features but the useful features are kept and MAYBE will be implemented in next generations, so we will be forced to THROW MORE MONEY on their products
4-2 05:51
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaLyR Posted at 4-2 05:51
Maybe by stopping buying their products for a longer time will make them to take us seriously, they just add 2-3 small/useless features but the useful features are kept and MAYBE will be implemented in next generations, so we will be forced to THROW MORE MONEY on their products

Yeah, i saw that happen with the Mini 4 Pro, we requested a few upgrades to the software on the Mini 3 Pro and it fell on deaf ears only to be added to the Mini 4 Pro, i can name 4 suggestions right off the bat!
4-2 06:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. When we update the firmware, it will not remove custom settings, so this phenomenon is abnormal. Rest assured that we already feedback to the relevant team regarding this issue and will optimize it in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-4 00:53
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-4 00:53
Thank you for patiently waiting. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. When we update the firmware, it will not remove custom settings, so this phenomenon is abnormal. Rest assured that we already feedback to the relevant team regarding this issue and will optimize it in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Last time it did not but now it did.

Anyway this is not problem for me. I always do Factory reset after firmware update and after that Format the SD card in the device to avoid possible problems left from earlier versions.
4-4 02:32
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

too tired to  put back my C-1. just gonn leave my OA4 as is, and the Next update I say WOW they fixed it!
4-4 03:15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Aavis Posted at 4-4 02:32
Last time it did not but now it did.

Anyway this is not problem for me. I always do Factory reset after firmware update and after that Format the SD card in the device to avoid possible problems left from earlier versions.

Thank you for your response, Aavis. Our team is now aware of this issue and we will optimize this in the future. If you have any inquiries or concerns about your product, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
4-5 02:32
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules