Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Avata 2 is coming closer
123Next >
5974 82 3-31 03:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-2 23:29
I dont think it works here either.

I have seen several FPVs being flown without spotters present but now that remoteID is now being enforced I'm sure that will cease.  Many of the local law enforcement agency drone teams have now been fully trained on remoteID enforcement.  
4-3 03:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-3 03:18
I have seen several FPVs being flown without spotters present but now that remoteID is now being enforced I'm sure that will cease.  Many of the local law enforcement agency drone teams have now been fully trained on remoteID enforcement.

Thats better than they are doing here,  I saw a video recently where the chief drone police officer at a big police station was talking to someone flying outside the police station and he was demanding things from the pilot you dont need for a <250g drone and they had already discussed what the drone was he was flying.
4-3 03:22
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 03:07
Even on amazon the stock levels are really low now

[view_image]

That's fine, because anyway no one is buying.
4-3 07:20
Use props
benkly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131647 ft
Germany

I think they will ship from 11. april. Cause in the mail they tell you abaout free express shipping from 11. to 17. april.
4-3 11:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 03:22
Thats better than they are doing here,  I saw a video recently where the chief drone police officer at a big police station was talking to someone flying outside the police station and he was demanding things from the pilot you dont need for a

Sounds like a lack of training has been done or there is a retention problem on the material presented.  
4-3 12:21
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

benkly Posted at 4-3 11:28
I think they will ship from 11. april. Cause in the mail they tell you abaout free express shipping from 11. to 17. april.

It’s actually 11 April 2 AM. It says on the DJI website.
4-3 12:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-3 07:20
That's fine, because anyway no one is buying.

The sale price was very tempting,  but I think it's going to be worth paying the £1299 for the new one.
4-3 20:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-3 12:21
Sounds like a lack of training has been done or there is a retention problem on the material presented.

Sometimes you see a certain arrogance with them,    not all just a few.  
4-3 21:06
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 20:58
The sale price was very tempting,  but I think it's going to be worth paying the £1299 for the new one.

Really? Anyway, the price of the original Avata will get even lower now that a new one is being released. Honestly, the Avata 2 is really cool, but what I am looking forward to even more is the cheaper original Avata.
4-4 00:05
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-4 00:05
Really? Anyway, the price of the original Avata will get even lower now that a new one is being released. Honestly, the Avata 2 is really cool, but what I am looking forward to even more is the cheaper original Avata.

Best grab an avata 1 quick then while the sale price is still valid.   After that you might have to go second hand.
4-4 00:14
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 00:14
Best grab an avata 1 quick then while the sale price is still valid.   After that you might have to go second hand.

I’m looking at Amazon and EBay. EBay has some good Avata deals, and most look genuine.
4-4 00:19
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 00:14

I found a DJI Avata Pro View Combo on EBay for £95. Do you think it is genuine?
4-4 00:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-4 00:41
I found a DJI Avata Pro View Combo on EBay for £95. Do you think it is genuine?

Ive seen bags for the avata cost more than that,  surely not right.
4-4 00:53
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 00:53
Ive seen bags for the avata cost more than that,  surely not right.

And when I buy it I will probably see a plastic Avata at my door.
4-4 01:34
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-4 01:34
And when I buy it I will probably see a plastic Avata at my door.

More like an avata postcard.
4-4 02:53
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 21:06
Sometimes you see a certain arrogance with them,    not all just a few.

Similar situation here on occasion.  
4-4 03:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-4 03:32
Similar situation here on occasion.

A friend put me onto the science protests and the cops there are really arrogant to the public and each other in some cases,  especially this guy D.O.A.  who they arrest for just his presence there it seems.  
4-4 04:12
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United States

4-4 05:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MS Posted at 4-4 05:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQO6ASXQexk

Nice find.  Thanks for sharing.  
4-4 07:33
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

DAFlys Posted at 4-4 02:53
More like an avata postcard.

Avata is an island in Samoa, so you could get a postcard from there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avata
4-4 09:41
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 3-31 23:22
Slower only on non FPV mode,    under EASA rules FPV has different rules regardless of class marking.

There is no differences between FPV or not for EASA.
You must follow the same rules. The only (not) difference is you have to fly with an observer in FPV. Because you have to fly always VLOS. Your or observer sight.
4-5 04:47
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Luca Rubino Posted at 4-5 04:47
You must follow the same rules. The only (not) difference is you have to fly with an observer in FPV. Because you have to fly always VLOS. Your or observer sight.

DA is right. In my country FPV can be operated outside of aircaft model club only in A3.So as usual, be sure to know the local rules before doing anything and trusting everything that is said on the forums.

1.JPG

Atvertā kategorija - CAA
4-5 05:18
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4318704 ft
  • >>>
Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 05:18
DA is right. In my country FPV can be operated outside of aircaft model club only in A3.So as usual, be sure to know the local rules before doing anything and trusting everything that is said on the forums.

[view_image]

He is not right.
And even in your Country there isn't any general requirement for FPV to be operation in A3. The last section you are referring to regarding the A3 requirement applies to organized drone races without the presence of an airspace observer. Translated:

What requirements apply to drone racing?
Typically, unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) races are only allowed for organizations of model aircraft clubs or similar communities. In such cases, the approval of the Civil Aviation Authority for the use of airspace in accordance with special regulations, set out by Regulation (EU) 2019/947 Article 16, is required.
If you want to carry out such activities with a model aircraft club or a similar community, and do it without an observer maintaining VLOS with the drone, permission from the Civil Aviation Authority must be applied for under the "specific category" paragraph, so that FPV flights can be allowed under the conditions of the specific category A3.

It's always the same - EU member states have no regulatory competence to go their own way, as different restrictions would render the primary objective of the EU regulation absurd: Uniform rules for all drone operation within Europe. That is the very first reason for the existence of the EU regulation at all.
Of course, there can be small differences, but only made possible by the opening for member states to regulate their "Geographical zones" themselves (Article 15), as well as the operation within the framework of model aircraft associations (Article 16). In exceptional cases Member States can also rely on Article 71 of EU regulation 2018/1139, but with supervision from EASA.
For example, in Germany, it is allowed to fly FPV up to a height of 30 meters without an airspace observer if you are a member of a model aircraft association. Another example is the Netherlands, where night flying is fundamentally prohibited (based on Article 71, 2018/1139 metioned above).

However, when it comes to the basic operational requirements of the categories and classes, the member states do not have the competence to regulate differently than stipulated in the EU regulation.

4-5 08:07
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

skyscope Posted at 4-5 08:07
He is not right.
And even in your Country there isn't any requirement for FPV to be operation in A3. The last section you are referring to regarding the A3 requirement applies to organized drone races without the presence of an airspace observer. Translated:

Thank you for the law course, the Republic of Latvia is a sovereign country, if our CAA says no racer type FPV drone outside the A3 category, DJI FPV, DJI AVATA... therefore with a speed greater than 19m/s, That’s how it is! It doesn’t matter what the German people think about it.

Besides, as it is an EASA requirement, the law is the same in your country...  
4-5 08:27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

skyscope Posted at 4-5 08:07
He is not right.
And even in your Country there isn't any general requirement for FPV to be operation in A3. The last section you are referring to regarding the A3 requirement applies to organized drone races without the presence of an airspace observer. Translated:

"It's always the same - EU member states have no regulatory competence to go their own way, as different restrictions would render the primary objective of the EU regulation absurd: Uniform rules for all drone operation within Europe."
This is absolutely false.
For example, ask the Italian and Latvian CAA in which category you can fly a legacy drone without an MTOM statement from the manufacturer, duly reference "MTOM" and not TOW or TOM...
Two rooms, two atmospheres...

What is invariable is the application of 945 for the certification process. A Member State cannot alone decide to add or remove a criterion.

4-5 08:31
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Let's agree to disagree. You obviously do not fully understand the EU rulemaking process and its implications and from my experience, it's pretty pointless to argue about legal interpretations online anyway.

The folks reading along now have some pointers for their own further research, and that's really all I'm aiming for. Whether others think they can only operate a C1-classified FPV drone strictly in A3 doesn't bother me much, especially since they aren't hurting anyone by doing so.
4-5 08:42
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

skyscope Posted at 4-5 08:42
Let's agree to disagree. You obviously do not fully understand the EU rulemaking process and its implications and from my experience, it's pretty pointless to argue about legal interpretations online anyway.

The folks reading along now have some pointers for their own further research, and that's really all I'm aiming for. Whether others think they can only operate a C1-classified FPV drone strictly in A3 doesn't bother me much, especially since they aren't hurting anyone by doing so.

That's not the question. The same thing will happen as for the mini drones with the flange at 120m.

Two teams will appear, those who demand the C1 without worrying about the fact that the drone will be limited to 19 m/s, which will therefore lose part of its interest as a “FPV racer” drone, but will be able to A1.
And the true FPV team who wants to use the full potential of such a drone, and has no intention of using this drone in populated areas, with non-involed people around. What is explicitly written in the law and makes sense.

Otherwise buy a Mavic or a mini!

4-5 09:05
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 09:05
That's not the question. The same thing will happen as for the mini drones with the flange at 120m.

Two teams will appear, those who demand the C1 without worrying about the fact that the drone will be limited to 19 m/s, which will therefore lose part of its interest as a “FPV racer” drone, but will be able to A1.

Or a Mavic Mini!
4-5 09:12
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Even on the second-hand market I don't think there are any left. But we can list all the models that meet these criteria.

Come on, it's your thread, have fun, create a post per model. 2 points each time, you would be wrong to deprive yourself of them.
4-5 09:17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

skyscope Posted at 4-5 08:42
Let's agree to disagree. You obviously do not fully understand the EU rulemaking process and its implications and from my experience, it's pretty pointless to argue about legal interpretations online anyway.

The folks reading along now have some pointers for their own further research, and that's really all I'm aiming for. Whether others think they can only operate a C1-classified FPV drone strictly in A3 doesn't bother me much, especially since they aren't hurting anyone by doing so.

I recognize that the example I have chosen is clumsy because it is based on the lack of clarity of Article 20.

But there are others where it is written very clearly that the member state is free to choose. Minimum age, geographic area...
4-5 09:21
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 09:17
Even on the second-hand market I don't think there are any left. But we can list all the models that meet these criteria.

Come on, it's your thread, have fun, create a post per model. 2 points each time, you would be wrong to deprive yourself of them.

No, I actually saw one on Amazon for a good price And it's new, not second hand!!!
4-5 09:38
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

USER001 Posted at 4-5 09:38
No, I actually saw one on Amazon for a good price  And it's new, not second hand!!!
[view_image]

Well, I will think twice before buying this. Batteries cannot be stored indefinitely.

Additionally, is the warranty still supported for this model? I mean not End Of life.
4-5 09:48
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 09:48
Well, I will think twice before buying this. Batteries cannot be stored indefinitely.

Additionally, is the warranty still supported for this model? I mean not End Of life.

It is from the official DJI Store on Amazon, so there will be batteries, but unfortunately no warranty, so you got to be careful with it if you buy. Anyway, I am not buying because I already have a Mini 4 Pro which I am very happy with.
4-5 10:11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

USER001 Posted at 4-5 10:11
It is from the official DJI Store on Amazon, so there will be batteries, but unfortunately no warranty, so you got to be careful with it if you buy. Anyway, I am not buying because I already have a Mini 4 Pro which I am very happy with.

No, "Yue Li drone" is not the DJI store. They put a “visit the DJI Store” link to give the customer confidence. It's not a scam but close.
1.JPG
4-5 10:16
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 10:16
No, "Yue Li drone" is not the DJI store. They put a “visit the DJI Store” link to give the customer confidence. It's not a scam but close.
[view_image]

I clicked “Visit the DJI Store”, and it looks pretty genuine.
4-5 10:27
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

USER001 Posted at 4-5 10:27
I clicked “Visit the DJI Store”, and it looks pretty genuine.[view_image]

Yes this is the DJI store, but if you buy trough Amazon page you screenshot, the deal will happen with a third party shop.
4-5 10:52
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-5 10:52
Yes this is the DJI store, but if you buy trough Amazon page you screenshot, the deal will happen with a third party shop.

The third party shop will buy the drone from DJI, and then sell it at a cheaper price. All you have to do is trust the third party shop (if it is genuine) and know that lots of other people have bought it from there.
4-5 11:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You must follow the same rules. The only (not) difference is you have to fly with an observer in FPV. Because you have to fly always VLOS. Your or observer sight.

The rule is for wearing goggles not specifically FPV.
4-5 23:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You must follow the same rules. The only (not) difference is you have to fly with an observer in FPV. Because you have to fly always VLOS. Your or observer sight.

From the EASA rules - https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/li ... rst-person-view-fpv

4-5 23:51
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

From the Forum: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =310246&pid=3282018
In short, you're mistaken, and you can't even back up your interpretation with any regulation or in the AMC/GM either. And just because you keep linking this outdated page over and over again at different places doesn't make it any more accurate.
Like I said, this page an its information is 2 years old and only talks about unclassified legacy FPV drones. I've gone ahead and contacted EASA directly, asking them to also consider upcomming classified FPV drones like the Avata 2 and to update the page accordingly.

4-8 01:13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules