Happy DJI customer?? yes or no
2676 32 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

So Ive seen a few threads of new buyers saying they are scared of even flying now after reading the forums. Just wanted to get a poll of peoples status's. Ive made the option to choose 2 answers in case more then 1 applies to you.
Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 2 entry optional ), Total 146 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

49.27% (101)
4.88% (10)
10.24% (21)
1.46% (3)
8.78% (18)
2.44% (5)
22.93% (47)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-9-12
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

If they are afraid to fly now, maybe they should send their Phantom back to where they got it.

Doesnt get better than this ;-)
2015-9-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I thought I had crashed for sure last night.
Ah, but my Phantom 3 Pro' just plowed through some leaves and small tree branches and continues on her merry way.
She flew out the other side. As happy as could be. Hardly a chlorophyll mark on her to be seen.

No, I have never crashed her, nor have I found any "cracks in or around her screw holes"...

An amazing Phantom 3 Pro' she continues to be.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-12
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

so far updated to 1.3 then 1.4.  1.4 seems to have fixed our camera problms and the pictures are lovely so far.Still flying it daily to break it in, but happy.  P2 fpv had problems last night so hoping to leave it behind and stay with P3P as much as possible now.
2015-9-12
Use props
seanmotox250
lvl.1

United States

Had mine barely a week.  Love it.  One crash, my fault as it auto homed for low battery.  Local store has service and parts.  Documentation and information online seems poor or non existent.  Everything seems to be learned by trying it and figuring it out. No documentation on Go App.  But the products are incredible.  Love my P3 and flew with a guy with his Inspire today and that thing is also amazing.   
2015-9-12
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

After flying the Hubsan X4 - the P3 was a piece of cake. The only difficulty I've encountered thus far is with the new Course Lock - first time I tried it - I got confused as to which way to fly to get away from a looming tree - . Too much ATTI practise!!!

The craft itself is a great piece of kit and produces some fantastic video, which is why I took the plunge to be a 'pilot' and I use the term lightly when applying it to myself. If I were to mention another gripe it would be the careless way that it was packed and arrived (it was filthy) and also the dirty way the repair team in Germany sent it back (also filthy with black crayons mark on the bird itself) - when questioned about this they tried to tell me UPS did it! GET REAL!!!

But DJI - technical, OUTSTANDING!  I would definitely buy again and again.
2015-9-13
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Oh, I forgot to add ... the time it took for the P3 to be sent to Germany and returned was exactly .... (wait for it) ... 8 days.

It left my home on 23/07/2015 at 17:14 - then arrived German 28/07/2015 at 09:06
The faulty VPS was replaced, test flown, repackaged and sent back from Germany on 28/07/2015 at 16:42
and arrived back home on 31/07/2015 at 13:29
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

absolutely love it and cant wait for the next quad that DJI is going to put out, P4?
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-12 22:51
I thought I had crashed for sure last night.
Ah, but my Phantom 3 Pro' just plowed through some lea ...

Hey Red do you have z video of this phantom going throught trees!
Bat
2015-9-13
Use props
Zdrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey, no option for flyaway..... I've lost two P3Ps but my latest one is working perfect.  Trying out the new update features and it looks like they finally got it right.  Have gone from disappointed to a lover (sorry wife).  Would write more but I'm going flying now.
2015-9-13
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

Zdrone Posted at 2015-9-13 11:20
Hey, no option for flyaway..... I've lost two P3Ps but my latest one is working perfect.  Trying out ...

I did consider adding flyways but since there is such an unknown on them it could throw off the votes..... too high KP reading, bad compass calibration, faulty hardware, firmware corruption, bad motor, user error.....just to name a few.
2015-9-13
Use props
DreamingWatchma
lvl.2

Austria

My answer would be: "Minor problems, but nothing serious".
From time to time the app loses connection, but as long as the RC has connection it's not a big problem.
And yes, I have updated the firmware.
2015-9-13
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

Tree'd my P3 40' up in a scotch pine.  It spent the night up there in a rainstorm and most of the next (sunny) day still in the tree.  Rescued after 36 hours, leaking pink juice from every orifice.  Surprisingly enough, no shell cracks, camera/gimble stayed together, battery stayed in.  4 days in the rice box, an opening of the body, quick iso wipe down and back in the air day 5 like a brand new bird!

I'd love to blame DJI and their crappy firmware or app, but i simply can't, i know i right sticked that puppy right into the waiting arms of the tree.  I couldn't even bare to look at the flight log!!!

And the new features are simply working awesome, so yeah no complaints here.  That being said, i never bothered trying to deal with after purchase customer support either, which seems to be the biggest complaint from most peeps.
2015-9-13
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.3

United States

I haven't had any huge problems, the app runs kinda crappy, and I got a few of the "stress" cracks.  My P3P is at the DJI dealer right now, so we'll see how happy I am when I get it back
2015-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

capbat Posted at 2015-9-13 09:06
Hey Red do you have z video of this phantom going throught trees!
Bat

Thankfully no. It was not a high point.
Actually it was awkward, I felt rather lame, embarrassing.

Must have been "daydreaming of night things" ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-13
Use props
daniel26or
lvl.1

Mexico

Have had My P3 Pro for a month, I started to have interference problems after the update 1.4.10. the Drone starts to want to fly away, I am waiting for a new firmware update, hopefully this will help
2015-9-13
Use props
lukemears84
New

Australia

I'm still having the dreaded glitches and lagging video feed on the new firmware 1.4 and Dji go app 2.2 it's extremely frustrating trying to get a shot and you can't actually see what your seeing. Running a iPad mini 3 with the p3p.  Any light been shed on this yet or do I just downgrade fw to 1.3.2? Also have the 32ch hack!
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-13 16:09
"daydreaming of night things"...

Ho I see, you are that young. I have stopped doing that years ago.
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

lukemears84 Posted at 2015-9-13 17:56
I'm still having the dreaded glitches and lagging video feed on the new firmware 1.4 and Dji go app  ...

Strange I thougt from what I have read here that this was mainly an Android problem. I solved mine (android) but I guess my solution wouldn't help you out. But I am sure you will find a solution. I have found most of the solutions to my problems here on this forum, so keep on digging.

Bat
2015-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Many have found, the best solution for Phantom 3 Pilots, with Android issues, is iOS!! ;-)

But I also believe the upcoming Apple iPad Air 3, Will become a game changer, for us.

That paired up with the next new deluxe Phantom drone, will be a definite killer combination.

Watch for it... In Apple retail stores even. Now that Apple are selling DJI Phantoms.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-13
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

My P3P went from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 to 1.4 something , No problem with updating , no problem with flying . Trying to get use to the new functions . Got POI down OK . Fiddled with Waypoint , need more time on this one . Learned today that if you move from home point , home lock  is , well , not really home lock , as it will obey stick movements in relation to where home point is , not where you are . Course lock and follow work OK .

Had no problem with my Samsung note 3 except for the google app crash . When with Ipad mini 2 LTE/3G , can't really say it works better , obviously a larger screen and no google app crash

Overall very satisfied so far .
2015-9-13
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-9-12 21:34
If they are afraid to fly now, maybe they should send their Phantom back to where they got it.

Does ...

If you are afraid to fly it I can send my address for them to send theirs to!
2015-9-13
Use props
noticon75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14698 ft

United States

Crashed dads 20' up a tree NO VIDEO!   had to use a ladder to retrieve it!  was fine after recovery!   Would have loved to watch the video!
2015-9-13
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

Viper989 Posted at 2015-9-14 10:05
My P3P went from 1.1.9 to 1.3.2 to 1.4 something , No problem with updating , no problem with flying ...

lol yeah. caught me by surprise when i tried home lock and went in a totally different direction.
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

absolutely happy:
i have purchased some parts direct from dji, and they all arrived within 5 days from order date!!
i have not had the need to use technical support
i have not needed the repair center
so i suppose i am delighted with DJI
2015-9-13
Use props
storm1000
lvl.2

United States

32 flights.  6 hr 11 min total flight time. 50,563m total distance. Zero problems.  Using iPad Mini 2 as device to run DJI GO app
2015-9-14
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only problems that I have ever had were my lack of understanding.
2015-9-14
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

135 flights.  400,000+ feet of distance traveled. 12+ hours.   And I'm still happy and having fun!  DJI has been good to work with, and this forum is filled with attentive Phantom pro's that can answer most questions!  Nothing to complain about here!  
2015-9-14
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 01:24
Many have found, the best solution for Phantom 3 Pilots, with Android issues, is iOS!! ;-)

But I al ...

Does this one have stereoscopic 3D... or did I miss-read that somewhere or other!
2015-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Apple have been touting their capability in future editions to project a type of 3D hologram image.
Whether we will ever finally see it... Remains to be a great mystery, but the animations sure look cool...

Don't they?

RedHotPoker

2015-9-16
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-16 17:38
Apple have been touting their capability in future editions to project a type of 3D hologram image.

I personally don't believe any of those videos, so many have been fakes. I mean being able to pick up both iPads at once and they don't bend seems really fishy. The edge to edge display does look quite nice though
2015-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Just a few well placed Rare Earth magnets...

I wait to see the day, when this stuff actually happens...

"Help me ObiWanKanobi." ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-16
Use props
Phuglie
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-16 22:38

Fantastic! Or should I say Futurtastic!! But not necessarily Real-tastic -
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules