219 12 4-3 14:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to return my RC Pro to Amazon (bought another here at DJI) and didn't think about  saving my waypoints. All gone. Where are they stored in the event I'd  like to back them up? And how might they be copied to my computer and then copied back to a new RC Pro in the event something might cause me to return another? I have this  question for both the RC Pro and my RC2 controllers...and an associated question.  Can waypoints from something like an RC2 be transferred to an RC Pro?

4-3 14:44
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13371775 ft
  • >>>
United States

No and no. DJI will probably thank you for the suggestion and act like they'll submit it. In reality, they have this limitation in place on purpose as to not have such an Enterprise type of feature for their consumer customers.
4-3 15:00
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 4-3 15:00
No and no. DJI will probably thank you for the suggestion and act like they'll submit it. In reality, they have this limitation in place on purpose as to not have such an Enterprise type of feature for their consumer customers.

wonderful..of course. It didn't dawn on me; I'm simply unable to fathom greed on that level.  It doesn't register until I'm confronted with reality. Again. Sigh...
4-3 15:10
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13371775 ft
  • >>>
United States

digibud Posted at 4-3 15:10
wonderful..of course. It didn't dawn on me; I'm simply unable to fathom greed on that level.  It doesn't register until I'm confronted with reality. Again. Sigh...

I totally agree. The overwhelming majority of the drone market is already there's for now. Instead of trying to maintain that spot, they got comfortable enough to sabotage their own products to make us feel like one drone isn't enough. They won't be in the #1 spot forever with that attitude.
4-3 17:03
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The flight route mission is saved in DJI Fly. There is no Transfer or Backup function. If you change to another mobile device or RC controller, the previous flight route mission cannot be used. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-3 20:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for reaching out, digibud. The flight route mission is saved in DJI Fly. There is no Transfer or Backup function. If you change to another device, the previous flight route mission cannot be used. We will record your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. If the recommended function is supported later, we will release a new firmware version. Please check the release notes on the DJI official website. Thank you for your understanding.
4-3 20:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-3 18:57
I wish DJI would improve Waypoints with some basic features like Import/Export, Insert Waypoint, adjustable curve radius between points, etc..   That said, I don't think there is some sort of nefarious plot on the part of DJI here.  I am grateful that we at least again have the option of autonomous waypoints.  Yes, it is kludgy, but it is servicable.  I wish DJI would release full-blown SDKs so we could use time-tested & more refined programs like Litchi.  I am happy for what we have.

Hi, Dirty Bird. We'll forward your suggestion as well.
4-3 20:40
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a thread here with instructions,   I cant say I've personally tries them though - https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... port-import.135283/
4-3 21:38
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-3 18:57
I wish DJI would improve Waypoints with some basic features like Import/Export, Insert Waypoint, adjustable curve radius between points, etc..   That said, I don't think there is some sort of nefarious plot on the part of DJI here.  I am grateful that we at least again have the option of autonomous waypoints.  Yes, it is kludgy, but it is servicable.  I wish DJI would release full-blown SDKs so we could use time-tested & more refined programs like Litchi.  I am happy for what we have.

DB You might be interested in this tool,.  it lets you convert a mission created with Litchi Hub to the DJI Fly app.

https://www.litchiutilities.com/litchiToM3.php
4-3 21:40
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 21:38
There's a thread here with instructions,   I cant say I've personally tries them though - https://mavicpilots.com/threads/waypoints-how-to-back-up-export-import.135283/

Thanks. I'll go through that.
4-4 08:17
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-3 21:40
DB You might be interested in this tool,.  it lets you convert a mission created with Litchi Hub to the DJI Fly app.

https://www.litchiutilities.com/litchiToM3.php

Thanks but the M3 can't use Litchi so until there's an SDK...which isn't coming... sigh
4-4 08:17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

digibud Posted at 4-4 08:17
Thanks but the M3 can't use Litchi so until there's an SDK...which isn't coming... sigh

That tool does not use Litchi in the way you think. The complete instructions are on the Pilots forum here - https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... n-converter.135385/
4-4 09:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 4-4 08:17

I thought you were looking for a way to backup your waypoints,  that has instructions how to do that.
4-5 01:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules