How to select video clip length when making a movie?
8017 7 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andreas.anderss
lvl.2

Sweden

Hello,

How do I decide how much of a clip that is included in a video? It seems that the template (such as "forest" or "dreamer") have predefined lenghts of 4 or 5 seconds. I'd like to include more of each clip in my final movie. How can this be acheived?

Thanks for any advice!
2015-9-12
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andreas,
You use the scissor icon under the playing video. This changes the 6 sec box to a sizeable selection up to 60 seconds.
Take a look at this DJI tutorial video and see if it doesn't answer your question.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/abQw8rwlxbY
2015-9-18
Use props
Andreas A
lvl.2

Sweden

terrylewis Posted at 2015-9-18 23:42
Andreas,
You use the scissor icon under the playing video. This changes the 6 sec box to a sizeable ...

Hi Terry,

Thanks for replying, unfortunately I believe the scissor is only available when doing "cut to video" form the Original Footage. Even if I select e.g. 15 seconds here I can not use more than 2, 4 or 5 seconds (depending on the theme) in the Create Movie screen. I have attached a screen shot, where you can see the 2" yellow box. I wold like to extend this box to include more of my clip thumb_IMG_0223_1024.jpg

2015-9-20
Use props
ed.susan
New

United States

Andreas, have you found out how to do this? I too want to control the length of each segment in my movie.
2015-9-23
Use props
Andreas A
lvl.2

China

ed.susan Posted at 2015-9-24 00:53
Andreas, have you found out how to do this? I too want to control the length of each segment in my m ...

Unfortunately not, I don't think it is possible. What I do is saving all my clips to the camera roll and put them together in iMovie. (I have an iPhone, if you have another brand I guess there are similar apps also). Good luck
2015-9-23
Use props
ed.susan
New

United States

Thanks for your help.
It would be better if we could control the length of the clips...Ed
2015-9-24
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Yes, we won't able to change the movie length inside DJI Go app. For a single movie creation, the length limit is up to about 30" depending which template we select. If you merge a few video clips into a movie creation then each clip will last merely a few seconds up to 5-6" only.
2015-9-27
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

There many mobile video editing apps we can use such as power director, etc.
2015-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules