Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mimo can not export 4k video + GPS data (BT Remote Control)
723 15 4-9 03:55
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick Action 4
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Hi, I've just bought a DJI Bluetooth remote control for saving and showing GPS data on my Osmo Action 4 MTB videos.
Turns out that it is imposible to export video in 4k via DJI Mimo app.
Sometimes videos download fine, sometimes they download with blank screen and just sound.
If I manage do download the 4k video fine, I can add via "dashboard" diferent  information (Elevation, track, speed and etc.), but when I try to export to the original resolution (4k), the export stays forever at 0% and nothing happens.
Several other people on youtube confirmed that as well. I can only export my 4k videos with GPS data in 720 or 1080.
I'm under Android and I tried several phones from different brands. It is all the same.

Can someone help with this, I do not want to buy expensive third party software for telemetry overlays.
I can not believe that we are limited with DJI Mimo app for somethink as basic as export 4k videos from such a great action camera.

Any solution will be greatly apreciated!

4-9 03:55
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

4-9 04:01
Use props
Nick Action 4
lvl.1

Bulgaria

lutzmix Posted at 4-9 04:01
https://youtu.be/qmzowIHfrkU?si=Zl_Wiw94w212d_nI

Thank you for your reply, lutzmix!

But how exactly this link answers the questions I'm addressing?
4-9 04:12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im not sure of how big but the Mimo app can only work with up to a certain file size and 4k massively increases the file size so only very short clips are possible. Again, im not sure what the limitation is but thats certainly the issue youre having.

Edit: I do not believe that its down to the device either because i have the Note 20 Ultra (no slouch) and i encountered the issue myself, i queried this and DJI gave the answer I gave you above.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=308160
4-9 16:53
Use props
Nick Action 4
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Bashy Posted at 4-9 16:53
Im not sure of how big but the Mimo app can only work with up to a certain file size and 4k massively increases the file size so only very short clips are possible. Again, im not sure what the limitation is but thats certainly the issue youre having.

Edit: I do not believe that its down to the device either because i have the Note 20 Ultra (no slouch) and i encountered the issue myself, i queried this and DJI gave the answer I gave you above.

Thank you Bashy!
I've done tests with 4k video short as 2-5 sec. and the problem is there, also I've tried this with 3 different devices/brands, and the problem still exists, so I'm sure the problem must be on the DJI Mimo app.
It is sad because the action camera itself is great and we are limited via software and basicaly the GPS remote is useless for 4k videos for now.
4-9 22:58
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Nick. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask how big was the 4K file you're trying to export?  Is it 4GB above?
4-10 00:58
Use props
Nick Action 4
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-10 00:58
Hi, Nick. Thank you for reaching out. May we ask how big was the 4K file you're trying to export?  Is it 4GB above?

Hi,
no it is 725 mb. I've tried with different file size and duration, if it is 4k it will not export. It will stay forever at 0%.

4-10 02:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nick Action 4 Posted at 4-10 02:11
Hi,
no it is 725 mb. I've tried with different file size and duration, if it is 4k it will not export. It will stay forever at 0%.

Thank you for the reply. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking.
4-12 07:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nick Action 4 Posted at 4-10 02:11
Hi,

Hi, Nick. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
4-16 06:52
Use props
Nick Action 4
lvl.1

Bulgaria

So for anyone following I've received this DM from support:

"Hi, Nick. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team: We apologize for the inconvenience. The app renders the video frame by frame, which requires a large amount of calculation. For a long video with a high frame rate, the rendering will take a longer time. The specific duration depends on the performance of the mobile phone. It is recommended that you use Trimmed Download function and render the highlights. Thank you for your understanding and support. Also, can you please provide your phone model so that we can forwar it ot our relevant team?"

Sadly for me this remote control is useless for my needs...
4-16 12:02
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nick Action 4 Posted at 4-16 12:02

"Hi, Nick. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team: We apologize for the inconvenience. The app renders the video frame by frame, which requires a large amount of calculation. For a long video with a high frame rate, the rendering will take a longer time. The specific duration depends on the performance of the mobile phone. It is recommended that you use Trimmed Download function and render the highlights. Thank you for your understanding and support. Also, can you please provide your phone model so that we can forwar it ot our relevant team?"

Yeah unless you lower the quality, i think i vaguely remember something about 1080 (that could be something to do with the invisible stick though)  if wanting to overlay.

DJI, seen as the app struggles with this, is there any reason why you can't you allow us to use our own editing software?
i.e. store the GPS data file (not sure what its called) so that we can import it into our own software.
4-16 16:51
Use props
Nick Action 4
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Bashy Posted at 4-16 16:51
Yeah unless you lower the quality, i think i vaguely remember something about 1080 (that could be something to do with the invisible stick though)  if wanting to overlay.

DJI, seen as the app struggles with this, is there any reason why you can't you allow us to use our own editing software?

If they do that it would be perfect for us.
It will be really useful feature. A tool for extracting the GPS data from video file as a separate file, or just record the GPS data during recording in DJI Osmo Action 4 as a separate file.

I really like to request that feature in the following updates!
4-17 00:21
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

30sec file 4k
it is only a gimmick
we need the GPS raw data

4-17 13:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Nick Action 4 Posted at 4-16 12:02

"Hi, Nick. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's an update from our relevant team: We apologize for the inconvenience. The app renders the video frame by frame, which requires a large amount of calculation. For a long video with a high frame rate, the rendering will take a longer time. The specific duration depends on the performance of the mobile phone. It is recommended that you use Trimmed Download function and render the highlights. Thank you for your understanding and support. Also, can you please provide your phone model so that we can forwar it ot our relevant team?"

We're sorry if we disappoint you, Nick. Please see my updated DM. Thank you.
4-22 04:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bashy Posted at 4-16 16:51

Hi, Bashy. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your continued support.
4-22 04:29
Use props
djiuser_OkS6Pl2Zfft6
New

Malaysia

This is an important topic and concern, we hope that DJI soon comes with an update here. It is so disappointed after all the purchases including the Action 4 Combo and the Remote and ends up with 1080p export only.

It is not about the footage file size, even with 30s-1min video which is about 1G or less, the same thing happens. Tried on iPhone and iPad.
5-17 04:38
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules