Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

So...
Long story short...2nd Air 3 acquired had an issue with main camera lens...blurred details in right part of screen.
DJI received it, checked it and sent a new one as exchange, aknowledging that received one is not OK.

The new one was tested at arival...surprize...the right part of screen is blurred/slightly out of focus as the optics are not arranged OK.
So need to send it again at DJI, losing another 10 days from DJI Care and from time of work....

Wondering HOW the QC is made at this lenses....Is even made by someone? Because is easy to spot the issue...

TIPS: If you want to fast check the main lens, put a WIDE lens on it....As the image is stretching by wide lens, any defects will appear instantly, easy to be spotted. Then you can check the area with normal lens or with no lens.

https://e.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZIst9ZSzR2MFMAXj4W12AlG1yafbk1Hm5y
4-10 22:28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hello Geo_Drone, we are sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you had. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. In regards to the replacement, can you please provide us with the case number for reference? We are committed to assisting you in resolving this issue and will work with our relevant team to find a solution. Thank you.
4-11 01:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good tip Geo and thanks for sharing.  
4-11 09:12
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 4-11 01:41
Hello Geo_Drone, we are sorry to hear about the unpleasant experience you had. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. In regards to the replacement, can you please provide us with the case number for reference? We are committed to assisting you in resolving this issue and will work with our relevant team to find a solution. Thank you.

CAS-16090448-K9Q9Z8
CRM 0452000011323

This was the case with exchanged drone. Now I have no CAS, as DJI received the email with issue and "we have sent it to technical dept.to investigate"....I do not know WHAT they investigate, as the drone is here, probably they review the footage.
Still, the delay is not OK, as weekend is here and another 2 weeks will pass until next drone will arrive....

Not happy at all.
4-11 22:48
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-11 09:12
Good tip Geo and thanks for sharing.

No problem, glad to help others to check the quality, as DJI is not having a QC for lenses at manufacture.
4-11 22:50
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 4-11 22:48
CAS-16090448-K9Q9Z8
CRM 0452000011323

Thank you for the information sharing. We will further confirm with our relevant team first to know more details. Once we get any results, we will keep you updates as soon as possible.
4-12 01:02
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 4-12 01:02
Thank you for the information sharing. We will further confirm with our relevant team first to know more details. Once we get any results, we will keep you updates as soon as possible.

Already made a NEW CAS for the drone exchanged.
Will be sent today with UPS.

I have also included in package the WIDE LENS, in order to be checked before sending the new drone back, as I have seen on FB and forums  A LOT of people with main lens with issues related to right part of image blurred.
Seems to be a issue with manufacturer, cannot be so many lenses that don't have the proper optics.

On the other side, the ones that received a good drone have pictures and video acceptable (not sharp in details as Mini 4 Pro, even if is SAME CAMERA, but not with such loss in details on right side).

Better see why so many with issues.

Cheers.
4-15 00:11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Geo_Drone Posted at 4-15 00:11
Already made a NEW CAS for the drone exchanged.
Will be sent today with UPS.

Hi there, sorry for the delayed response and appreciate the update you provided. We will follow up with our relevant team to push the status of your issue. Additionally, upon checking, we have identified a new case number that has been created and will be taken care of.
4-15 00:33
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

So...Today the 3rd drone returned....
Guess what???

Is PERFECT !
The main camera is super sharp with wide lens.

Great to see that DJI still have good products when are tested
4-28 23:11
Use props
struller
lvl.2
Germany

Hello Geo_Drone,
I have also that kind of issues (in my opinin even worse) with the main and tele camera of my Air 3.
I contacted DJI after one month of buying my new drone several times and send them the original files.
As an answer I just received a formally information that they couldn´t find any defect after a deeply check.
I´m really disappointed to hear this unequal treatment concering users with and without having a "DJI care refresh", although i have obviously decentered cameras

Best regards
4-29 05:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules