New DJI Goggles 3 Firmware Released (04/11/2024)
123Next >
6629 93 4-11 05:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2024.04.11
  • DJI Goggles 3 Firmware: v01.00.0100
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.13.0
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.13.0

What’s New
  • Added support for DJI Air 3, DJI Mini 4 Pro, DJI RC 2, and DJI RC-N2. Visit https://www.dji.com/goggles-3/downloads and refer to the Consumer Drones and Goggles Compatibility Information for more information.
  • Added Real View PiP.
  • Adjusted the operating frequency when sharing liveview to mobile devices via Wi-Fi.
  • Added Beginner mode for the aircraft when used with DJI Avata 2 and DJI RC Motion 3.
  • Added Easy ACRO for use with DJI Avata 2 and DJI RC Motion 3.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft, remote control device, and goggles after the firmware update is complete.
  • Note that the firmware update may reset various flight parameters such as RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the firmware update is complete.
  • If the update fails, restart the aircraft, remote control device, goggles, and the DJI Fly app or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series), and try again.

4-11 05:41
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Who knows if they will be compatible with O3 in the future as well.
4-11 05:53
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Luca Rubino Posted at 4-11 05:53
Who knows if they will be compatible with O3 in the future as well.

I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your continued support, Luca!
4-11 06:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice that they added support for Air 3.  
4-11 07:50
Use props
Mr. Mucus
lvl.2

United States

Hmmm...Does this mean when the Goggles 3 is connected to the Air 3 & Mini 4 Pro we can fly using the regular RC-N2 or DJI RC2 controllers?  If so that is a most welcome update.
4-11 12:10
Use props
Voidvortex
lvl.2
Indonesia

Googles 3 can play 360 videos

4-11 18:03
Use props
djiuser_dBFdquJJ9bq6
New

South Africa

How can i use the controller 3 with a simulator
4-12 05:00
Use props
UserFromWorld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275978 ft
Turkey

Mr. Mucus Posted at 4-11 12:10
Hmmm...Does this mean when the Goggles 3 is connected to the Air 3 & Mini 4 Pro we can fly using the regular RC-N2 or DJI RC2 controllers?  If so that is a most welcome update.

If this is correct that is shown in the release notes, it will be good who have only RC2 or RC-N2. Also i hope to Goggles 3 can be compatible with DJI O3 Air Unit in the future because lots of people have DJI O3 Air Unit on custom FPV drones. By the way Avata users have Integra, Googles 2 and FPV Remote Controller 2 so i think that Avata 2 should be compatible with this all products.
4-12 12:51
Use props
motti_avraham7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2353310 ft
Israel

It's will support also Mavic 3 Series?
4-12 12:56
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone compared the Goggles 2 vs 3?  I foam fitted the goggles 2 so the initial limitations doesn’t bother me anymore.  I’m curious on image quality, spec wise it appears the same ?
4-13 05:37
Use props
Jeffteeh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16627 ft
United States

Goggles 3 provided one pair of -2.00 corrective lenses, to extend the range of " 0 to -8.00".
If DJI provide one pair of -8.00 to replace the -2.00, the range of support can be extend to "0 to -14.00"  !!!

one pair of -8.00 corrective lenses, shall be the same cost of -2.00 pair. But the coverage will be almost double.
Why not DJI do it.

I wear -11.00 glasses.  
4-13 21:03
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

I have found a little buh within the Goggles 3 firmware.

Because of my bad eyes I have difficulties reading the small fonts within the goggles, so I am using my phone with Fly app as an external display for modifying settings, while the goggles are placed nearby on the desk. This works mostly, but with one exception.
As soon as the goggle displays will switch off caused by their proximity sensor, I can still see the latest image on the screen, can also see the moving cursor controlled by the Motion Controller, but if I want to select an item within a menu the reaction (e.g. a submenu) will not be displayed. As soon as I will place my finger on the proximity sensor the menus work normal again.
The problem is same when using the 5D button instead for menu selection.
Can you please fix this to make the menus fully functional on the phone even after the proximity sensor has switched off the displays?
4-14 08:22
Use props
fans38d67609
lvl.1

Vietnam

Please let it connect to O3. Please.......
4-15 05:12
Use props
galart1gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497822 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I cant believe that they don’t support the o3 it’s unbelievable now I will need to change all my o3
That i just bought.. and they didn’t evan release the o4 so all my fpv drons are useless since i sold my v2 googles whit the avata and bought the new avata .. thinking of dumping the dji system all together.. I had enough
4-15 12:16
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50387 ft
Germany

galart1gmail.com Posted at 4-15 12:16
I cant believe that they don’t support the o3 it’s unbelievable now I will need to change all my o3
That i just bought.. and they didn’t evan release the o4 so all my fpv drons are useless since i sold my v2 googles whit the avata and bought the new avata .. thinking of dumping the dji system all together.. I had enough

Stay with O3 until DJI makes O4 compatible, or wait for O4 Air Unit. Problem solved.
Nobody forces you to buy Goggle 3 / Avata 2 now, so top crying like a small kid.
4-15 23:51
Use props
galart1gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 497822 ft
  • >>>
Israel

=DUH= Posted at 4-15 23:51
Stay with O3 until DJI makes O4 compatible, or wait for O4 Air Unit. Problem solved.
Nobody forces you to buy Goggle 3 / Avata 2 now, so top crying like a small kid.

First of all i am not a kid but.. the avata 2 wont connect to the v2 googles.. and i want to fly the latest product and it is unbelievable that the o3 was released 7 months ago and it is not supporting it.. i already sold my v2
4-16 05:15
Use props
fans320fcd18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466 ft
United States

Upgraded to the this firmware on the Goggles 3, went through the safety menu which says the goggles compass needs calibrated.  Calibrating it fails every time.  Look up 60 degrees, back to center, down 90 degrees, back to center - nothing.  After awhile, the failure notification is shown and a re-calibrate box appears.  And it stops accepting input from the motion controller at this point.

Edit:  After a power cycle everything looked ok, calibration not needed.  Doesn't fix the issue of not being able to calibrate it when trying to calibrate it.

4-16 09:24
Use props
djiuser_NjKuuTFA9edl
New

Turkey

I cant post new question. Im pretty New and I want to know something , My Drone has error Motoroverloded , I want to know the risk andI want to know hot can I post new question?
4-17 05:24
Use props
Acrux
New

Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-11 06:03
I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your continued support, Luca!

I, too, would like to see the Goggles 3 compatible with the 03 Air Unit.  I have literally 20 quads with the 03 in them and I would love to use the Goggles 3 for all of them.  They are a much better fit that my Goggles2.
4-17 14:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 954216 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

+1 for O3 Air Unit support. I'd also settle for an O4 Air Unit instead
4-18 02:11
Use props
Roni-K
lvl.2
United States

Yes for sure I have tried with both the mini 4  the air 3 it works perrfect
4-18 14:42
Use props
Roni-K
lvl.2
United States

yes you can I confirmed recently
4-18 20:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mr. Mucus. Yes, when DJI Air 3/DJI Mini 4 Pro is used with DJI Goggles 3, it not only supports DJI RC Motion 3 but also supports DJI RC 2 and DJI RC-N2. The relevant device firmware version needs to be upgraded to the latest.
4-18 23:31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Acrux Posted at 4-17 14:59
I, too, would like to see the Goggles 3 compatible with the 03 Air Unit.  I have literally 20 quads with the 03 in them and I would love to use the Goggles 3 for all of them.  They are a much better fit that my Goggles2.

Hi, Acrux. Thank you for your feedback. This will be forwarded as well. Please stay tuned to our websites for updates.
4-19 07:24
Use props
WolfSouth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228389 ft
Australia

I just bought the Goggles 3, and 2 x 03 Air units to use with it (upgrading from the V1 goggles). Now I've just found out why I can't sync them!! Why wouldn't DJI mention the fact that they aren't compatible when I purchased them!!?? Is money all they care about!? Now I have a very expensive pair of goggles, and 2 x very expensive 03 air units that I can't use!! WTF DJI!!????
4-22 20:45
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

WolfSouth Posted at 4-22 20:45
I just bought the Goggles 3, and 2 x 03 Air units to use with it (upgrading from the V1 goggles). Now I've just found out why I can't sync them!! Why wouldn't DJI mention the fact that they aren't compatible when I purchased them!!?? Is money all they care about!? Now I have a very expensive pair of goggles, and 2 x very expensive 03 air units that I can't use!! WTF DJI!!????

I don't see how it's DJI's fault that you can't bother to read a product page?

Source: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles-3

And also:

Source: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-o3-air-unit
4-22 23:44
Use props
Lionface
lvl.2
United States

Shooting themselves hard in the foot with lack of 03 compatibility yet, way more people would buy the kit rather than just the goggles 3 if it was 03 compatible, DJI missing out on easy money is funny
4-23 02:17
Use props
Lionface
lvl.2
United States

Shooting themselves hard in the foot with lack of 03 compatibility yet, way more people would buy the kit rather than just the goggles 3 if it was 03 compatible, DJI missing out on easy money is funny
4-23 02:18
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16434 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hay anyone tried goggles 3 with air 3?
4-23 13:32
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 50387 ft
Germany

Polar Black Posted at 4-23 13:32
Hay anyone tried goggles 3 with air 3?

My Goggles 3 + Motion 3 work with Air 3. Also the combination Goggles 3 + RC2 work with Air 3.
4-23 14:11
Use props
WolfSouth
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228389 ft
Australia

fichek Posted at 4-22 23:44
I don't see how it's DJI's fault that you can't bother to read a product page?

[view_image]

Obviously I made the mistake of listening to Bardwell and GetFPV, who both said they were compatible.
Regardless, DJI have my email address, and it wouldn't have been hard to send a quick email stating that if these items are to be used together, they are not compatible.
4-23 16:15
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

WolfSouth Posted at 4-23 16:15
Obviously I made the mistake of listening to Bardwell and GetFPV, who both said they were compatible.
Regardless, DJI have my email address, and it wouldn't have been hard to send a quick email stating that if these items are to be used together, they are not compatible.

I follow Bardwell, but he never said that. He said it's not compatible with O3 in the Avata 2 review. Of course, he thinks, like any of us, that they will be compatible soon.

I still have the V2 Goggles and am looking for these new ones. So I'm waiting for the day DJI makes them O3 compatible before I buy them. And check I could use them in the FCC here in EU. If not... I'll stick to my V2.
So you could wait or return the goggles and buy Integra or V2.

But, to me, it's a shame that DJI left us waiting weeks or months for backwards compatibility for something they only released 1 year ago. Not 5 years...

People who already own Avata 1 cannot buy just the drone, but currently necessarily the whole package, goggles + controller. That's why many FPV people stay away from DJI.

Think, I also own the Goggles X (I love them), and for the next generation of Avatar, I just need to replace the VRX inside the Goggles, without replacing all of them.
4-24 00:22
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

WolfSouth Posted at 4-23 16:15

Bardwell also said V2 goggles would have HDMI out. I stopped taking notes of all the things he's been wrong on, but there was a lot. Definitely don't take him as a credible source, his massive following makes him too confident when spewing nonsense way too often.
4-24 07:13
Use props
patrfran
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hi folks,
I think that the compatibility for O3 should be implemented in the Goggles 3 soon, too. O3 is not yet very long on the market, and O4 is not available yet. I don't fly drones, but wing planes. So I'm fixed to O3 oder later O4. At the moment I only own O3 units, so the Goggels 3 are useless so far...

BR,
Patrick
4-24 08:06
Use props
Wilkening
lvl.1

United States

This was a word for word copy from they listing i ordered my goggles from on getfpv. The fact that it was advertised this way and actually doesnt work is a slap in the face to the community. With it not working from the start they need to reach out to your dealers to update the feature list. All of the dealers selling these goggles have that listed as a feature.
Pyrodrone also had these features posted in their add.
Features
DJI O4 compatible as well as DJI O3 Air Unit
Ultra-Low Latency Transmission
Real-View Picture-In-Picture
Micro-OLED HD Display
DJI Goggles 3
4-24 08:09
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Wilkening Posted at 4-24 08:09
This was a word for word copy from they listing i ordered my goggles from on getfpv. The fact that it was advertised this way and actually doesnt work is a slap in the face to the community. With it not working from the start they need to reach out to your dealers to update the feature list. All of the dealers selling these goggles have that listed as a feature.

Features

Yeah, it's weird that GetFPV seems to be the only reseller in the entire world that had this in their listing. None of the EU resellers mentioned O3 afaict and some even went out of their way to add notes like "Note: DJI Goggles 3 are not compatible with the DJI O3 system".
4-24 08:50
Use props
Evoq
lvl.1

United States

fichek Posted at 4-24 08:50
Yeah, it's weird that GetFPV seems to be the only reseller in the entire world that had this in their listing. None of the EU resellers mentioned O3 afaict and some even went out of their way to add notes like "Note: DJI Goggles 3 are not compatible with the DJI O3 system".

im rolling on the floor
4-24 09:07
Use props
fans3db95142
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1808829 ft
Puerto Rico

+1 on the supporting of O3 system
4-24 11:49
Use props
user82c6a944d3
lvl.2

Spain

Hello,
how can you get a clean image on HDMI?
It only seems that I can see on a mobile and the app on the rc pro does nothing,
I can't see anything. any solution?
supporting of O3 system pleaseee
4-25 05:05
Use props
ralf-djiforum
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

O3 support would also be the most needed additonal feature for me!
4-25 23:12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules