Acro Mode: Automatic switch when loss of GPS in the dark?
280 6 4-11 14:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's going on here; is this true?  See last segment of the video called Final Thoughts:
If you fly the drone in a dark environment and you lose GPS, the drone will automatically switch into acro mode; huh?

4-11 14:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At 21.50 he flys through a tunnel and looses GPS,  and then crashes as he didnt correct for being in Acro mode, the issue is he wasnt waned of the change.
4-12 01:44
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GPS to ACRO issue in dark spaces WITHOUT warning needs to be fixed in the very next firmware update.  This could definitely cause issues for first responders who need to fly into a dark space and NOT get a warning on the GPS to ACRO mode switch.  
4-12 08:10
Use props
pepasystemgmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150207 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hello, Everyone!

I was flying in a room in the evening with a fairly strong light, but it was still not enough for the drone's sensor. Suddenly it sped up bounced off the monitor and hit the curtain. Good thing it didn't hit the wall. Too bad, it looked like it was possible to fly indoors, but it's better not to. Maybe changes in firmware will help something, for now you have to be very careful. Maybe on a full manual with Controller 3 it will be easier
4-14 00:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, The Saint. Thank you for bringing this out. I will forward this to the relevant team to check. I will keep you posted. We appreciate your patience.
4-14 01:52
Use props
Zilbaaa333
New

United States

The day I got it flew into a low light room and the drone completely lost control and didn’t even hover. Crashed, propeller snapped and my heart too.
4-15 21:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. During the flight, an aircraft only loses its GPS signal if it's subject to interference or gets close to buildings, and from compass disturbances. This is quite rare. Also, the screen of the Goggles 3 should show a weak GPS signal warning.
4-15 21:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules