Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-13 23:38
Its not looking good so far,   I should get a text to collect with a security code but so far its not arrived,  and Im torn whether to head up there anyway on the off chance it comes later.

After reading a few posts it seems you now have them in hand except the DHL item(s).  
4-14 08:44
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 08:42
Did you notice DA listed the chores last.

He's got his priorities right
4-14 08:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 4-14 08:56
He's got his priorities right

Hopefully, SWMBO doesn't come take a peek over his shoulder while he is on the forum.  
4-14 09:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 08:42
Did you notice DA listed the chores last.

I usually try and clear the majority of the chores first DT,  honest.   
4-14 22:31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 08:44
After reading a few posts it seems you now have them in hand except the DHL item(s).

I do,  I got the text message for collect at 9:45 when they open at 10am,   we had just arrived at the woods so we did that first and then headed up to colchester to collect it.
4-14 22:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 22:31
I usually try and clear the majority of the chores first DT,  honest.

Okay, I believe you.  
4-15 04:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 22:41
I do,  I got the text message for collect at 9:45 when they open at 10am,   we had just arrived at the woods so we did that first and then headed up to colchester to collect it.

Okay, so that turned out fairly early in the day. Nice timing also as you could just head on after shooting the bluebells.  
4-15 04:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just made a new axle and Ive popped back to the computer to 3d print some end caps for it,   only cosmetic but why not,   first though the stick protector for the FPV remote needs to finish printing.

4-15 04:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 04:09
Okay, so that turned out fairly early in the day. Nice timing also as you could just head on after shooting the bluebells.

It's quite frustrating.   Its sitting here on the table all charged and ready to go,  labelled and everything but the weather is not letting up today it seems.  
4-15 04:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 04:12
Just made a new axle and Ive popped back to the computer to 3d print some end caps for it,   only cosmetic but why not,   first though the stick protector for the FPV remote needs to finish printing.

[view_image]

That's a really cool stick protector.  I'm assuming that is going to be fore the RC3.  
4-15 04:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 04:15
It's quite frustrating.   Its sitting here on the table all charged and ready to go,  labelled and everything but the weather is not letting up today it seems.

I hate to ask, but is tomorrow's forecast looking any better?
4-15 04:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 04:41
That's a really cool stick protector.  I'm assuming that is going to be fore the RC3.

Yes,  I detest removing the sticks and then usually dropping them whilst refitting so this will be a solution until I find something better,  if such a thing exists that is better.  
4-15 04:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 04:44
I hate to ask, but is tomorrow's forecast looking any better?

Tomorrow Ive committed to patio cleaning so it will probably be lovely until mid afternoon.
4-15 04:51
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 04:49
Yes,  I detest removing the sticks and then usually dropping them whilst refitting so this will be a solution until I find something better,  if such a thing exists that is better.

I hear what you are saying about the sticks.  I always buy a spare set.  If you are out and about it is almost impossible to find them in the grass if you drop them.
4-15 05:23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-15 04:51
Tomorrow Ive committed to patio cleaning so it will probably be lovely until mid afternoon.

Let's hope that you have a clear day all day.  Patio cleaned - Check.  3 Flights of Avata 2 - Check.  
4-15 05:25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice shot too!
4-16 09:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 05:25
Let's hope that you have a clear day all day.  Patio cleaned - Check.  3 Flights of Avata 2 - Check.

Sadly not,  the patio took longer than anticipated due to a blocked drain I needed to sort out first,   and then I went and collected more fence panels for them as the strong winds over the last few days had broken more panels,     and by the time I got home it was too windy.    My plans were to fly this morning with it but SWMBOd has just informed me she has deliveries I have to wait for.  GRRRRRRRR.
4-16 22:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 05:23
I hear what you are saying about the sticks.  I always buy a spare set.  If you are out and about it is almost impossible to find them in the grass if you drop them.

Ive done the same and have spares for my other controllers and always carry a spare set even though I rarely remove them now.  
4-16 22:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Trying my best to keep getting daily shots.
4-16 23:26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 23:26
thanks Trying my best to keep getting daily shots.

You're welcome.
That is nice!
4-17 00:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 22:48
Sadly not,  the patio took longer than anticipated due to a blocked drain I needed to sort out first,   and then I went and collected more fence panels for them as the strong winds over the last few days had broken more panels,     and by the time I got home it was too windy.    My plans were to fly this morning with it but SWMBOd has just informed me she has deliveries I have to wait for.  GRRRRRRRR.

Frustrating, isn't it?  Oh well, there are just too many competing tasks to do and never enough time.  
4-17 06:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-16 22:50
Ive done the same and have spares for my other controllers and always carry a spare set even though I rarely remove them now.

It's handy that you never have to remove the sticks.  
4-17 06:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 06:19
Frustrating, isn't it?  Oh well, there are just too many competing tasks to do and never enough time.

I did get out and fly 3 batteries today on the Avata 2.   Im finding Im turning my head for things that I dont need to and after 3 batteries I did feel a little like Id just got off an airplane.  
4-17 06:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 06:20
It's handy that you never have to remove the sticks.

The cover on the DJI RC is great,  and for the smart controller and now the fpv controller Ive 3d printed a stick guarded,    just tweaked the design today and reprinted it with felt.   

4-17 06:32
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 06:23
I did get out and fly 3 batteries today on the Avata 2.   Im finding Im turning my head for things that I dont need to and after 3 batteries I did feel a little like Id just got off an airplane.

Woohoo, 3 batteries is fantastic news DA.  I saw where Alex tried a hover test and average 19+ mins.  

At least you aren't experiencing any vertigo issues.  I still think my issue had to do with my eyes fooling my brain into making me dizzy.  I thought for sure if I sat down to fly it would be better but it wasn't  
4-17 06:56
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 06:32
The cover on the DJI RC is great,  and for the smart controller and now the fpv controller Ive 3d printed a stick guarded,    just tweaked the design today and reprinted it with felt.   

[view_image]

Very creative and functional.  
4-17 06:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 06:56
Woohoo, 3 batteries is fantastic news DA.  I saw where Alex tried a hover test and average 19+ mins.  

At least you aren't experiencing any vertigo issues.  I still think my issue had to do with my eyes fooling my brain into making me dizzy.  I thought for sure if I sat down to fly it would be better but it wasn't

Going to take the avata to the woods later and try there,    it was very cold this morning so I only flew one battery for sunrise.
4-17 22:22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-17 06:58
Very creative and functional.

Cheers,   I may publish it on the 3d printing website.
4-17 22:31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 22:22
Going to take the avata to the woods later and try there,    it was very cold this morning so I only flew one battery for sunrise.

Sounds like a good plan providing the weather cooperates.  

Depp told me I should try flying a friend's cinewhoop and see if anything changes with my dizziness/vertigo issues.  I tried and same results.    I'm thinking it has something to do with wearing the goggles as I had a similar experience years back while wearing night vision goggles.
4-18 03:59
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 03:59
Sounds like a good plan providing the weather cooperates.  

Depp told me I should try flying a friend's cinewhoop and see if anything changes with my dizziness/vertigo issues.  I tried and same results.    I'm thinking it has something to do with wearing the goggles as I had a similar experience years back while wearing night vision goggles.

That’s a shame.  I’m just walking back from two flights in the woods and that’s made be feel a bit off.  Not sure if that’s because I’m changing between wide and normal or having to concentrate more.
4-18 04:03
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 22:31
Cheers,   I may publish it on the 3d printing website.

Unless your are going to use that as a "side hustle" it would be great to publish it in order to help others.
4-18 04:04
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 04:04
Unless your are going to use that as a "side hustle" it would be great to publish it in order to help others.

Funnily enough I shared it this morning.  It’s free but the website allows people to leave tips if they wish.  
4-18 04:11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 04:03
That’s a shame.  I’m just walking back from two flights in the woods and that’s made be feel a bit off.  Not sure if that’s because I’m changing between wide and normal or having to concentrate more.

If you are able to walk you'll not have problems with it.  After I tried to fly it took me 15 minutes just to sit and get my head to quit spinning.  Something is definitely off between what my eyes see and what my brain is experiencing.  I just wasn't meant to fly FPVs.  
4-18 04:30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 04:11
Funnily enough I shared it this morning.  It’s free but the website allows people to leave tips if they wish.

Kudos to you for sharing.  
4-18 04:44
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 04:44
Kudos to you for sharing.

I have a few designs up there,   the way it works usually is you build a design off the back of someone else so things keep getting iterated and improved.  
4-18 21:37
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-18 04:30
If you are able to walk you'll not have problems with it.  After I tried to fly it took me 15 minutes just to sit and get my head to quit spinning.  Something is definitely off between what my eyes see and what my brain is experiencing.  I just wasn't meant to fly FPVs.

I clocked up 13 miles yesterday in the end,   flew two locations at different sides of the town and did them in the wrong order.
4-18 21:40
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 21:37
I have a few designs up there,   the way it works usually is you build a design off the back of someone else so things keep getting iterated and improved.

Sounds like a very good method.  
4-19 06:58
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 21:40
I clocked up 13 miles yesterday in the end,   flew two locations at different sides of the town and did them in the wrong order.

Sounds as if it was a very busy day for.  At least you got in a ton of steps and some nice flights.  
4-19 07:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-19 07:03
Sounds as if it was a very busy day for.  At least you got in a ton of steps and some nice flights.

Sadly I failed to fly yesterday every time I went to do anything it rained.   
4-19 23:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 23:52
Sadly I failed to fly yesterday every time I went to do anything it rained.

Sounds like one of those days where the rain just wouldn't cooperate at all.  
4-20 03:49
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules