Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-20 03:49
Sounds like one of those days where the rain just wouldn't cooperate at all.

Managed two flights with the Avata yesterday both over water.    Apart from doing high speed corkscrews and man can it climb fast any off feeling from the goggles seems to have passed,  but during a corkscrew it's almost like being on a rollercoaster.  
4-20 23:17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 23:17
Managed two flights with the Avata yesterday both over water.    Apart from doing high speed corkscrews and man can it climb fast any off feeling from the goggles seems to have passed,  but during a corkscrew it's almost like being on a rollercoaster.

Dang, that sounds exciting.  Glad to hear you aren't having any dizzying effects.  
4-21 07:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-21 07:23
Dang, that sounds exciting.  Glad to hear you aren't having any dizzying effects.

SWMBOd was watching the live view thingy and even she felt the effects from that.
4-21 23:28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-21 23:28
SWMBOd was watching the live view thingy and even she felt the effects from that.

It's a bit odd how it effects some and not others.  What I find strange is I can watch all sorts of FPV videos and it doesn't bother me one bit but as soon as I'd put on the goggles it was all over.  
4-22 01:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-22 01:58
It's a bit odd how it effects some and not others.  What I find strange is I can watch all sorts of FPV videos and it doesn't bother me one bit but as soon as I'd put on the goggles it was all over.

Sounds like the diopters weren't quite right for you,   some of the older goggles didnt even have an adjustment for it.   But then you also said you had the issue with night vision so it might just be you.
4-22 02:04
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 02:04
Sounds like the diopters weren't quite right for you,   some of the older goggles didnt even have an adjustment for it.   But then you also said you had the issue with night vision so it might just be you.

Yep, it's definitely me - maybe I've got a scrambled neural network from all the legal cases I worked.  
4-22 02:21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-22 02:21
Yep, it's definitely me - maybe I've got a scrambled neural network from all the legal cases I worked.

Funny I was listening to an interview with a Florida lawyer called Dave Aronberg and I thought of you.
4-22 04:43
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 04:43
Funny I was listening to an interview with a Florida lawyer called Dave Aronberg and I thought of you.

Hope it was good thoughts.  Lawyers don't always have the best of reputations and there are a million lawyer jokes, most of which I've heard.      Dave was a State Senator and is now the State's Attorney nearby in Palm Beach County.   
4-22 12:46
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-22 12:46
Hope it was good thoughts.  Lawyers don't always have the best of reputations and there are a million lawyer jokes, most of which I've heard.      Dave was a State Senator and is now the State's Attorney nearby in Palm Beach County.

He was promoting his podcast as the Florida Law Man,  he was quite funny but explained things that are going on well I thought.
4-22 23:01
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-22 23:01
He was promoting his podcast as the Florida Law Man,  he was quite funny but explained things that are going on well I thought.

He is a well educated man - Harvard graduate.  I don't agree with his political views but otherwise he is a brilliant attorney.
4-23 02:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules