513 15 4-12 06:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Is it possible to use additional glasses that allow the need for more than +2 diopters?
4-12 06:02
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this answers your question but it might help.

DJI Goggles 3 comes with a built-in diopter adjustment function, convenient for users from -6.0 D to +2.0 D dioptors. For those outside this range, you can use the combination of the included -2.0 D lenses and frames.
If you require astigmatism correction, or if the built-in adjustment provided lenses are unsuitable, you can purchase additional lenses from an optician and fit them to the goggles.

Per the FAQ at:  https://www.dji.com/goggles-3/faq
4-12 07:55
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-12 07:55
Not sure if this answers your question but it might help.

DJI Goggles 3 comes with a built-in diopter adjustment function, convenient for users from -6.0 D to +2.0 D dioptors. For those outside this range, you can use the combination of the included -2.0 D lenses and frames.

Thank you very much, your link clarifies my question quite well!
4-12 09:42
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 4-12 09:42
Thank you very much, your link clarifies my question quite well!

You're very welcome Franky.  Hope you have a great day.
4-12 09:51
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello, Franky. Thank you for showing interest in our newly released product. You may refer to the response of DowntownRDB as this information came from our official FAQ for the DJI Goggles 3. Suppose the diopter adjustment range and the corrective lenses that are provided with the goggles cannot meet your requirements. In that case, you can bring the corrective lenses (including eyeglass frames) to a professional optical shop to ensure that the shape, size, astigmatism axis, and edge thickness (< 1.8 mm) of the lenses meet the installation requirements of the eyeglass frames. Thank you for your valued support.
4-12 21:24
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-12 21:24
Hello, Franky. Thank you for showing interest in our newly released product. You may refer to the response of DowntownRDB as this information came from our official FAQ for the DJI Goggles 3. Suppose the diopter adjustment range and the corrective lenses that are provided with the goggles cannot meet your requirements. In that case, you can bring the corrective lenses (including eyeglass frames) to a professional optical shop to ensure that the shape, size, astigmatism axis, and edge thickness (< 1.8 mm) of the lenses meet the installation requirements of the eyeglass frames. Thank you for your valued support.

Again, thanks a lot...   
4-12 22:48
Use props
Jeffteeh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16627 ft
United States

My problem is opposite of yours. I wear -11.00 correcting glass. But DJI only provide extra -2.00 lense and frame. This doesn't make sense, for the same cost, DJI shall replace the -2.00 lense to -8.00 lense and frame. This may extend the coverage all the way to -14.00, to help the customer, like me. This is a obvious false design. DJI shall correct with zero cost !
4-13 21:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

frankymusik Posted at 4-12 22:48
Again, thanks a lot...

You are very much welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead, Franky!
4-14 19:44
Use props
swooshdave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 629488 ft
United States

Jeffteeh Posted at 4-13 21:10
My problem is opposite of yours. I wear -11.00 correcting glass. But DJI only provide extra -2.00 lense and frame. This doesn't make sense, for the same cost, DJI shall replace the -2.00 lense to -8.00 lense and frame. This may extend the coverage all the way to -14.00, to help the customer, like me. This is a obvious false design. DJI shall correct with zero cost !

Most likely DJI analyzed most common range of corrections and included the lenses to suit that range. It's unfortunate that you are outside of that range (-11.00!) but I'm sure you understand they can't accommodate every single case.
4-15 13:09
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeffteeh Posted at 4-13 21:10
My problem is opposite of yours. I wear -11.00 correcting glass. But DJI only provide extra -2.00 lense and frame. This doesn't make sense, for the same cost, DJI shall replace the -2.00 lense to -8.00 lense and frame. This may extend the coverage all the way to -14.00, to help the customer, like me. This is a obvious false design. DJI shall correct with zero cost !

An obvious false design?  Wow dude.  You are really living in some alternate space.
4-15 15:38
Use props
Randomsynr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696722 ft
Singapore

I am extremely disappointed. The fact that the goggles go to -6 but not more than +2??? WTH??  It should be one for near sighted and the other pair for farsighted... I have to pay extra in order to use something That others don't.  Didn't we pay the same amount? But some people get a benefit and I get an additional cost? WTF?
4-19 08:46
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

Randomsynr Posted at 4-19 08:46
I am extremely disappointed. The fact that the goggles go to -6 but not more than +2??? WTH??  It should be one for near sighted and the other pair for farsighted... I have to pay extra in order to use something That others don't.  Didn't we pay the same amount? But some people get a benefit and I get an additional cost? WTF?

I hope you are trolling?  About 55% of the population suffers some degree of myopia (nearsightedness).  Hyperopia (farsightedness) is experienced by only 8.4% of the population, & to a much lesser degree.  This is why the diopter adjustment favors myopia.  If you have an extreme or unusual vision issue you have the option of custom lenses.  FFS...
4-19 14:45
Use props
Randomsynr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696722 ft
Singapore

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-19 14:45
I hope you are trolling?  About 55% of the population suffers some degree of myopia (nearsightedness).  Hyperopia (farsightedness) is experienced by only 8.4% of the population, & to a much lesser degree.  This is why the diopter adjustment favors myopia.  If you have an extreme or unusual vision issue you have the option of custom lenses.  FFS...

Maybe where you live, when you go to a store that sells reading glasses they are all minus but where I live they are all plus strength. I am not asking for +11 but even a +4 would be wonderful. Not trolling at all but a desire for a little less out-of-pocket expense.
4-23 09:30
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

How entitled do you have to be to expect a mass-produced product to be more expensive for everyone just because your eye sight is outside the average deviation?

They do provide a solution for you and you know the cost up front, if it doesn't work for you, no one forces you to buy the new goggles...
4-23 09:39
Use props
jantra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I got a lenses from honsVR
but I can not able to find how to attach them - when I had googles 2, there was a special tool to do so.
4-29 13:57
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

jantra Posted at 4-29 13:57
I got a lenses from honsVR
but I can not able to find how to attach them - when I had googles 2, there was a special tool to do so.

See last video on this page: https://www.dji.com/avata-2/video (the one titled "DJI Goggles 3 | Corrective Lenses").
4-29 13:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules