899 23 4-12 21:49
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does DJI virtual flight work with Goggles 3 and Motion controller 3. I have updated my virtual flight app on IOS iPad but don't see the options for this new kit.

Although I am an experienced drone pilot I thought I would for the sim before taking the drone out into the field
4-12 21:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought they moved the sim into the Explore section of the DJI Store app.    The other sim says its been discontinued in the App Store listing.
4-13 00:23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-13 00:23
I thought they moved the sim into the Explore section of the DJI Store app.    The other sim says its been discontinued in the App Store listing.

Ohh Not quite sure what that means
4-13 03:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-13 03:29
Ohh Not quite sure what that means

Here at the top,  it even shows updated for Avata 2, but Im not sure how you connect the goggles,

4-13 03:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the old simulator is no longer being supported sadly.

4-13 03:34
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks DA for that info
4-13 08:47
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-13 08:47
Many thanks DA for that info

Im feeling a bit disappointed as Im struggling to see how Im going to connect the goggles to the new offering,     just waiting for confirmation from Argos that mines arrived for collection today.
4-13 23:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Virtual Flight app does not support it as it already stopped maintenance on March 21, 2024. You can use the Virtual Flight in the DJI Store app however, the simulated flight in the DJI STORE can only be operated using the touch screen of a mobile phone and cannot be controlled with a remote controller. Have a nice day.
4-14 01:34
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Does anyone knows if the new controller 3 works with other sims like Liftoff or TrypFPV ?
4-14 02:15
Use props
Myszoskoczek
New

Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-14 01:34
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Virtual Flight app does not support it as it already stopped maintenance on March 21, 2024. You can use the Virtual Flight in the DJI Store app however, the simulated flight in the DJI STORE can only be operated using the touch screen of a mobile phone and cannot be controlled with a remote controller. Have a nice day.

Hello!

Thank you very much for the information.

Is there any planned date when it will be possible to use dji virtual flight via DJI Goggles 3, DJI RC Motion 3 controller?

I bought a DJI Avata 2 yesterday and would like to train on the simulator to be able to explore the possibilities of the equipment before going into the terrain.

If dji virtual flight will not be updated then please give me a hint / tip where I can practice simulator flight using DJI Goggles 3, DJI RC Motion 3 controller?

Thank you very much in advance for your reply
4-14 09:02
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Myszoskoczek Posted at 4-14 09:02
Hello!

Thank you very much for the information.

Hi there. There is no announcement about the said units' compatibility with the Virtual Flight yet. However, you can try various third-party simulators available in the market, like Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League. Thank you for your patience.
4-15 03:06
Use props
Myszoskoczek
New

Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 03:06
Hi there. There is no announcement about the said units' compatibility with the Virtual Flight yet. However, you can try various third-party simulators available in the market, like Uncrashed, Liftoff, DCL, and The Drone Racing League. Thank you for your patience.

Hello

Thank you very much for the information
4-15 10:43
Use props
djiuser_kkoW7gG2fKXs
New

United Kingdom

Fozando Posted at 4-14 02:15
Does anyone knows if the new controller 3 works with other sims like Liftoff or TrypFPV ?

It works on both
4-16 14:00
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Myszoskoczek Posted at 4-15 10:43
Hello

Thank you very much for the information

You are most welcome. Please feel free to reach us if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.
4-17 02:08
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

djiuser_kkoW7gG2fKXs Posted at 4-16 14:00
It works on both

Yeah, I have just tried It on both and It works perfectly
4-17 04:54
Use props
fanse3d7869e
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 03:06

Hey DJI Tony,

Love how this is worded, it at least gives us hope you have something in development.

You keep pointing people to simulators like uncrashed or alike.  However none of these simulators have settings that mirror the Avata 2 (or 1 for that matter).  Any chance you fine folk at DJI could let us know the correct custom drone settings to get the physics in these simulators to behave akin the Avata 2?  Even in the interim until you work out vitual fllght's compatibilities with the googles 3 and contoller 3, this would be very helpfull.

Thank you in advance.
4-23 04:49
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.2
Canada

it's so dumb. DJI just sent me an email "Now Fly DJI Avata 2 Virtually!" "DJI Avata 2 amps up the fun of flying. Perform complex aerial acrobatics effortlessly. New pilots can also perform spectacular flips and other captivating maneuvers. Try It Online! Be the first to experience one-push rolls with DJI Avata 2 and enjoy the thrill of virtual FPV flying."

I really thought they updated the app to be compatible with the RC3. But not.

Why even send out an email if you don't bother updating it for your new product. Very frustrating
4-23 05:27
Use props
=DUH=
lvl.3
Flight distance : 44944 ft
Germany

jhamelin@jhdproductions.com Posted at 4-23 05:27
it's so dumb. DJI just sent me an email "Now Fly DJI Avata 2 Virtually!" "DJI Avata 2 amps up the fun of flying. Perform complex aerial acrobatics effortlessly. New pilots can also perform spectacular flips and other captivating maneuvers. Try It Online! Be the first to experience one-push rolls with DJI Avata 2 and enjoy the thrill of virtual FPV flying."

got the same mail. I'm really annoyed...

DJI, seriously, asap provide info when you plan to fix that!
4-23 05:35
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
Croatia

jhamelin@jhdproductions.com Posted at 4-23 05:27
it's so dumb. DJI just sent me an email "Now Fly DJI Avata 2 Virtually!" "DJI Avata 2 amps up the fun of flying. Perform complex aerial acrobatics effortlessly. New pilots can also perform spectacular flips and other captivating maneuvers. Try It Online! Be the first to experience one-push rolls with DJI Avata 2 and enjoy the thrill of virtual FPV flying."

Because RC Motion 3 can now do flips/rolls etc. with "easy acro" and you can try it in the DJI Store.
4-23 07:06
Use props
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 423907 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fozando Posted at 4-17 04:54
Yeah, I have just tried It on both and It works perfectly
They are on steam, got it^^
Hey Fozando,

Are these available on android? Cant find both in playstore...
4-23 09:17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fanse3d7869e Posted at 4-23 04:49
Hey DJI Tony,

Love how this is worded, it at least gives us hope you have something in development.

Hi. Sorry, we don't have that information. I will forward your concern to the relevant team for feedback. Have a nice day.
4-23 21:37
Use props
fans0e3a8143
lvl.1
Italy

Hallo, I have been using DJI Virtual Flight with FPV RC3 (w/out goggles), it works but sadly the response of the drone is very much different from what I get in the sims. Sims is smooth and easy to stabilize, the drone goes wild..
I’m using the same rates.
4-24 11:52
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1939347 ft
Canada

fans0e3a8143 Posted at 4-24 11:52
Hallo, I have been using DJI Virtual Flight with FPV RC3 (w/out goggles), it works but sadly the response of the drone is very much different from what I get in the sims. Sims is smooth and easy to stabilize, the drone goes wild..
I’m using the same rates.

I agree with you.

The flight characteristics in DJI Virtual Flight do not even remotely simulate the flight feel of an Avata.
All of the PC/Mac sims, while not perfect , are miles better in simulating the feel of flying an Avata.  
4-24 12:15
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Spain

AlSo-Fotografie Posted at 4-23 09:17
They are on steam, got it^^
Hey Fozando,

No man,
Those are only PC sims that you can find on the games plataform Steam.
4-25 03:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules