"Moisture detected" warning on Samsung phone when connecting goggles
124 4 4-13 09:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa4e9a5ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24081 ft
United States

If you encounter a “Moisture Detected” warning on your Samsung Galaxy phone when connecting it to your DJI Avata goggles, you may try keeping the cable connected and then force-restarting your phone. This can clear temporary bugs causing the moisture warning.

4-13 09:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced and share with us the ways how you fixed it. However, could you please provide us a screenshot showing this error message so we can forward it to our relevant team for further clarification? We would appreciate your input. Please keep us posted.
4-13 20:50
Use props
fansa4e9a5ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24081 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-13 20:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced and share with us the ways how you fixed it. However, could you please provide us a screenshot showing this error message so we can forward it to our relevant team for further clarification? We would appreciate your input. Please keep us posted.

I have confirmed that this error is caused by the DJI app and goggles - not the cable.
1) disconnecting the goggles and then restarting the phone corrects the error.
2) I tried several different cables and I get the the error regardless which cable I use.
3) I have two batteries for the goggles. swapping the batteries doesn't fix the error.
4) as long as the DJI app is not running then I do not get the error.
5) and finally, by fiddling around with the goggles and the app and restarting the phone a few times I am able to get rid of the error and fly the drone.

Have you seen this or had reports of it and what would be causing the issue?
4-29 12:58
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I think it's a common issue with Samsung phones. A friend of mine gets that error every time he uses my USB-C charging cable (genuine Google cable from a Pixel phone) that has never been anywhere close to moist (and some of the devices I use with it also have moisture detection and never triggered on that same cable).
4-29 13:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansa4e9a5ba Posted at 4-29 12:58
[view_image]
I have confirmed that this error is caused by the DJI app and goggles - not the cable.
1) disconnecting the goggles and then restarting the phone corrects the error.

Hi there. We appreciate your response. If you experience this issue, kindly check the mobile phone port and smartphone adapter for any foreign materials. Wipe the smartphone adapter with isopropyl alcohol and try connecting again. Also, you can use a different USB-C communication cable to connect to further isolate the issue. You can use a different mobile device iOS/Android and try to check if you still experience the problem. Please keep us posted.
yesterday 20:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules