DJI AVATA 2 CE TO FCC , HOW?
4928 35 4-13 10:33
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123182 ft
Italy

Hi everyone, I tried to use the Avata 1 method to switch from CE to FCC with the file on the SD card but it doesn't work. I also tried to format the SD card directly from the goggle but it doesn't work, the button to switch between "auto" to "manual" is blank

any suggestion?

4-13 10:33
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. DJI Avata 2 does not support manually switching among FCC, CE, and SRRC. The aircraft will identify the country and region where it is located according to the condition of the mobile device and the GPS of the aircraft, and switch between FCC, CE, and SRRC following local laws and regulations. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
4-13 20:31
Use props
zippomakerhotmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123182 ft
Italy

Will manual switching be implemented in the EU?
4-14 12:51
Use props
747 Global Aerial - iamwhatiam
New

Greece

Hi !
As I have already checked and confirmed the fcc hack with the file worked fine until the time I did the latest update . Before I do the firmware update I did the jack and tarter the hack it appeared more channels and had better range . Now after the update the channels are  locked to auro and not possible to change anything and worse range.
4-15 10:51
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

747 Global Aerial - iamwhatiam Posted at 4-15 10:51
Hi !
As I have already checked and confirmed the fcc hack with the file worked fine until the time I did the latest update . Before I do the firmware update I did the jack and tarter the hack it appeared more channels and had better range . Now after the update the channels are  locked to auro and not possible to change anything and worse range.
So, is DJI blocking the use of hacks?
4-15 10:57
Use props
Black_Wolf
New

Poland

I consider this change from DJI  as a tragedy and the total downgrade of Avata 2 range and performance, the range has total dropped, the HD image is super low and you can't fly even between trees. DJI should provide the opportunity to unblock the FCC because it is a matter for the user, not DJI or the regulations, every pilot is responsible for the flights right?
4-15 11:46
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

You should take a look to this:
4-15 12:07
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2380479 ft
  • >>>
India

Do not update to 0.02 for avata 2 drone
It will break the FCC ham file mod and it won't work on it anymore. You will be stuck in CE mode if not in the US
4-15 12:33
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 4-15 12:33
Do not update to 0.02 for avata 2 drone
It will break the FCC ham file mod and it won't work on it anymore. You will be stuck in CE mode if not in the US

I am not sure but I think when You activate the drone for a first time I think DJI mandatory upgrade to the latest FW
4-15 18:46
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

This new development might be a deal breaker for me as Avata is meant to fly in dense environments (forests, canyons, etc.) and lost of signal is deadly for the drone
4-15 18:49
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

As of now, only the drone tweaks modded fly app works and puts the avata 2 in FCC mode. It's a paid service and works even with the new firmware 0.02

No more free lunches by DJI as of now, but m pretty sure some hack will come as it will be a deal breaker for many in EU and other parts of the world
4-15 22:23
Use props
SaurabhSrivastava
lvl.3
  • >>>
India

4-15 22:32
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

SaurabhSrivastava Posted at 4-15 22:32
https://youtu.be/uKvIkMoU7I8?si=LddFSbZsUtW9IHPI

All business, I can wait to purchase the Avata 2 until this situation with the transmissions be solved by a free hack and with a little luck the price goes down in the next months
4-15 23:19
Use props
djiuser_NfEOyidJBxAM
New

Philippines

Fozando Posted at 4-15 10:57
So, is DJI blocking the use of hacks?

damnit! Mine will be arriving next week, this timing sucks. Now I have to stick with CE,
4-16 16:24
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Spain

djiuser_NfEOyidJBxAM Posted at 4-16 16:24
damnit! Mine will be arriving next week, this timing sucks. Now I have to stick with CE,

Let's ser if future hacks can solve the problem, but I prefer that DJI allows the posibility of exchange the C1 label for the C2 or C3 in order to no be restricted tobthe 19m/s
4-17 04:57
Use props
djiuser_nnZEm0tRdS7Q
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16841 ft
Netherlands

Google it and you find what you need. Or YT Mads Tech and also he said what must you do.
4-18 04:51
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

EASA probably knew about the ham file and told them to remove it in order to get C1 certification. Hopefully there's another "accidental" hack in there that will be "discovered"
4-18 05:27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-18 05:27
EASA probably knew about the ham file and told them to remove it in order to get C1 certification. Hopefully there's another "accidental" hack in there that will be "discovered"

hope so!

i am planning on selling my avata 1 to get the avata 2.
i already seen video's showing the signal (range/penetration) is beter on the 2 than the 1 (even in CE mode), but the speed limit  puts me off... i know this is to get the C1 label!
4-19 01:13
Use props
djiuser_mlXjFtNRplCc
lvl.1
Spain

No entiendo, como DJI puede limitarse ante sus competidores quitandonos la posibilidad de disfrutar de sus productos al máximo rendimiento. Estaba a punto de comprar el controlador 3 para utilizar mi avata2 en modo manual, pero con esta limitación, ahora ya no es una opción interesante.
4-21 10:13
Use props
djiuser_cvhEHIaSFk1b
lvl.1

Estonia

Following. I cant justify to purchase avata 2 until this is fixed. 60km/h max and way worse range in EU compared to fcc outside EU is unbelievable. There must be option to change drone category. And EU is just a union, not a country. How come DJI set limit to all EU countries, we have different regulations for drones in different countries. Until that i will rather fly my mini 2 that has same top speed and way better range.
4-23 01:19
Use props
Luca Rubino
Second Officer
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_cvhEHIaSFk1b Posted at 4-23 01:19
Following. I cant justify to purchase avata 2 until this is fixed. 60km/h max and way worse range in EU compared to fcc outside EU is unbelievable. There must be option to change drone category. And EU is just a union, not a country. How come DJI set limit to all EU countries, we have different regulations for drones in different countries. Until that i will rather fly my mini 2 that has same top speed and way better range.

In EU it means EASA countries (EU + some other countries like Swiss and Iceland I think).
Regulation class mark is the same all over these countries in EASA area.
The Avata 2 has a better range than a Mini 2 if you fly it like a Mini/Mavic drone. Up in the sky and not low, close to the ground and behind obstacles.
4-23 02:19
Use props
djiuser_cvhEHIaSFk1b
lvl.1

Estonia

Right, at the moment only solution seems to be to use DT 3rd party app. In case of crash, does DJI care still cover the repair when using 3rd party app? They likely use some diagnostic tool when it arrives to dji. Then again its possible to return your crashed drone in condition that no diagnostics is possible. At the moment according to DT it only neees to be connected to 3rd party app once, after that you can fly in official app in fcc mode. But this can change with future updates.
4-23 03:05
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

nice vid, giving us little peek what is happening there, but now there is need for deeper run ;)
4-23 03:07
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_cvhEHIaSFk1b Posted at 4-23 03:05
Right, at the moment only solution seems to be to use DT 3rd party app. In case of crash, does DJI care still cover the repair when using 3rd party app? They likely use some diagnostic tool when it arrives to dji. Then again its possible to return your crashed drone in condition that no diagnostics is possible. At the moment according to DT it only neees to be connected to 3rd party app once, after that you can fly in official app in fcc mode. But this can change with future updates.

Use of third party apps is allowed, but if you crash using the third party app, DJI won't cover it under warranty.
4-25 23:36
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

DubSound Posted at 4-25 23:36
Use of third party apps is allowed, but if you crash using the third party app, DJI won't cover it under warranty.

Are you sure that applies to Avata and FPV Drone where DJI Fly is more of a spotter accessory and isn't really linked to or affecting flight in any way?
4-26 06:19
Use props
Moose1960
New
Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-26 06:19
Are you sure that applies to Avata and FPV Drone where DJI Fly is more of a spotter accessory and isn't really linked to or affecting flight in any way?

The drone has a transmitter and receiver and the controller has a transmitter and receiver.
Giving only the drone or the controller a higer RF outout won't help....

Gr
4-26 11:22
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Moose1960 Posted at 4-26 11:22
The drone has a transmitter and receiver and the controller has a transmitter and receiver.
Giving only the drone or the controller a higer RF outout won't help....

That's not how it works though, FCC mode activation puts both goggles and aircraft in higher power (and usually the controller, but with Avata 2 / Goggles 3 the controllers only pair and talk to goggles so the power needed is very small).
4-26 22:32
Use props
Moose1960
New
Netherlands

fichek Posted at 4-26 22:32
That's not how it works though, FCC mode activation puts both goggles and aircraft in higher power (and usually the controller, but with Avata 2 / Goggles 3 the controllers only pair and talk to goggles so the power needed is very small).

Both, the drone and the controller must have higer RF output. If only goggles or controller has more output power than the drone can receive the controller at great distance but the controller can not receive the weag signal from the drone anymore so both have to be updated to higher output level.
4-27 04:16
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Moose1960 Posted at 4-27 04:16
Both, the drone and the controller must have higer RF output. If only goggles or controller has more output power than the drone can receive the controller at great distance but the controller can not receive the weag signal from the drone anymore so both have to be updated to higher output level.

Again, that is not how it works. Goggles are the controlling device here, and their output power is increased in FCC mode along with aircraft’s power. The actual physical controller (both FPVRC3 and RCM3) only talk to goggles at low power and goggles relay their signal to aircraft.
4-27 07:35
Use props
Nitrosavy
New
New Zealand

I have a question regarding the hack, I’m in New Zealand where it is ce mode, I have downloaded and successfully installed the hack, it’s now showing extra channels in manual mode, my question is…for fcc mode do I just leave it in auto and automatically get extra power output or do I have to select manual? If so what should I choose in menu, any help for this newbie would be much appreciated. Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong thread.
4-30 22:05
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Nitrosavy Posted at 4-30 22:05
I have a question regarding the hack, I’m in New Zealand where it is ce mode, I have downloaded and successfully installed the hack, it’s now showing extra channels in manual mode, my question is…for fcc mode do I just leave it in auto and automatically get extra power output or do I have to select manual? If so what should I choose in menu, any help for this newbie would be much appreciated. Apologies if I’ve posted this in the wrong thread.

Definitely leave it in auto channel mode as it will hop around to better channels when there’s interference etc. there’s no selection of power with O3/O4, it’s always auto.
4-30 23:03
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fichek Posted at 4-26 06:19

It applies to any DJI drone. If you use a third party app to record to the flight data, DJI won't cover it under warranty if you crash. This is a blanket thing and applies to all drones that have SDK capabilities.
4-30 23:56
Use props
Nitrosavy
New
New Zealand

fichek Posted at 4-30 23:03
Definitely leave it in auto channel mode as it will hop around to better channels when there’s interference etc. there’s no selection of power with O3/O4, it’s always auto.

Many thanks.
5-1 16:38
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
United States

Mads Tech has recently posted another video on his Youtube channel in which you can see that the Ham file is really working, although you haven't manual channel selection.
5-1 21:18
Use props
airborne.clips
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1508747 ft
Portugal

Nitrosavy Posted at 4-30 22:05

you did FCC hack on avata 2? Can you explain how? is with the same ham file thing as on goggles2?

appreciated.
5-5 03:22
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89751 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

airborne.clips Posted at 5-5 03:22
you did FCC hack on avata 2? Can you explain how? is with the same ham file thing as on goggles2?

appreciated.

if you use the ham file, you keep the tri band function, more power, and remove the speed limit (c1 recuirement).

just can't select manual channels.

see: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=&page=2
5-7 22:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules