PREFERENCES / RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CHARGER?
262 9 4-13 13:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Col F
lvl.1
United States

Since the selected charger for the Avata 2 Fly More (3 batteries) will experience extended periods of utilization for charging 3 batteries (in sequence), as well as simultaneously charging the Goggles 3 and then the Motion Controller 3, I am wondering which of the DJI chargers, the 65 Watt with 1 USB C (captive cable) and 1 USB A (low wattage), or the 100 Watt with 2 USB C (with up to 82W to one port with the balance to the other port) would be the most appropriate choice.  It "appears" that both are Gan chargers and both support PD 3 and PPS protocols.  Your thoughts, insights and recommendations would be appreciated.
4-13 13:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

HI, Col F. Thank you for reaching out. We suggest using the DJI 65W Portable Charger to ensure charging efficiency. Have a nice day ahead.
4-13 20:10
Use props
Col F
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-13 20:10
HI, Col F. Thank you for reaching out. We suggest using the DJI 65W Portable Charger to ensure charging efficiency. Have a nice day ahead.

Thank you for the response. May I inquire why the lower capacity charger with fewer constant voltage modes and fewer variable voltage modes, and lower specifications will provide better performance?  It seems counterintuitive to me, so I am evidently not aware of some important information.  I would greatly appreciate understanding why the 65 watt charger is the best choice. Thank you for your assistance.
4-14 03:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Col F Posted at 4-14 03:46
Thank you for the response. May I inquire why the lower capacity charger with fewer constant voltage modes and fewer variable voltage modes, and lower specifications will provide better performance?  It seems counterintuitive to me, so I am evidently not aware of some important information.  I would greatly appreciate understanding why the 65 watt charger is the best choice. Thank you for your assistance.

Hello there. The maximum charging power for the AVATA 2 drone is 30W, while the charging hub has a power of 60W. You can still use a 100W charger, but it will still be limited to 30W or 60W when charging. Have a great day.
4-15 02:43
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't get the DJI charger.  I would get the 140 watt charger below which is currently listed for $36.  This is a 3-port charger that can do 65 watt + 65 watt or 100 watt  + 30 watt in dual-port mode, or 65 watt + 45 watt + 30 watt in 3-port mode.  I own this unit & it works great.

140W USB C Charger, PD3.1 GaN 3Port Type C Wall Charger Fast Charging Station Adapter, PD 100W PPS Charger Block for MacBook Pro 16"/Air, iPhone 14 Pro Max, Galaxy S22/S21,Tablet,Laptop-Black

140 Watt PD Charger

4-15 04:35
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you want to spend a bit more you can get this awesome 200 watt, 5-port model, with nifty OLED color display.  It is currently on sale for $59.99 which is half-price.  I own this unit also.  Always receives comments when people notice the display.  It is sweet & keeps you informed on voltage, current, & amps for each port during charging.

Aergiatech 200-watt PD Charger
4-15 04:49
Use props
Col F
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 04:49
If you want to spend a bit more you can get this awesome 200 watt, 5-port model, with nifty OLED color display.  It is currently on sale for $59.99 which is half-price.  I own this unit also.  Always receives comments when people notice the display.  It is sweet & keeps you informed on voltage, current, & amps for each port during charging.

Thanks for taking the time to offer the suggestions.  I appreciate it.  I'm finding it interesting that although the drone batteries Require chargers with USB PD and PPS, the Motion Controllers Do Not work with PD protocol chargers, and as for the Goggles I'm not quite certain yet about PD being supported or not...You'd think that this type of confusion could have been avoided by having all products use the same USB protocols / requirements, and by Including a USB charger with the kits.  Thanks again!
4-15 07:48
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Col F Posted at 4-15 07:48
Thanks for taking the time to offer the suggestions.  I appreciate it.  I'm finding it interesting that although the drone batteries Require chargers with USB PD and PPS, the Motion Controllers Do Not work with PD protocol chargers, and as for the Goggles I'm not quite certain yet about PD being supported or not...You'd think that this type of confusion could have been avoided by having all products use the same USB protocols / requirements, and by Including a USB charger with the kits.  Thanks again!

All of the components will happily charge from a PD charger.  The PD chargers are backwards compatible with legacy devices.  PD just means the charger can handle the demands imposed by devices that support Power Delivery.  You can charge the flight batteries, goggles, & motion controller all from the same PD charger.  
4-15 08:06
Use props
trwalp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9478 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just chatted with DJI support and was told by two different agents that:

"DJI Avata 2 supports 30W PD fast charging and can achieve a full charge from empty in approximately 88 minutes.

Motion Controller does not support PD fast charging, only 5V 2A

Goggles 3 not compatible with PD charger. No matter what you use, once it is connected, it will be charging at a 5V 2A, 10W rate."
4-17 09:33
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

Packrat here.  Kept all the old 10 watt USB-A wall warts.  Another reason why I purchased the Avata 2 Combo kit.  Max wall charger owned only puts out 45 watt.  So.... ordered another wall wart.  Bit of an Anker liker.  Years of no issues with power banks, cables, and wall chargers. Giving their Nano2 65w charger a go. Do have an older 350 watt power source used on the old iCharger 206b, but not willing to diy an adapter for the DJI charging station.  Wonder if DJI will every come out with a charging dock that allows for parallel charging of multiple batteries vs. their sequence system. Then they could market a 200 watt charging block for ?$$$s.
4-17 11:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules