Germany

4-14 07:48
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice pano. Scope for lots more development there, too.
4-14 09:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remarkable 360 Depp.    When completed that solar farm will be producing a lot of green energy.  

the next problem to overcome will be what to do when the panels are depleted.  The problem with solar panel disposal is that the recycling process is energy intensive, and they cannot be simply thrown away because of the dangerous metals that can leech into the groundwater.  One of the reasons that nuclear power has such a low carbon footprint compared to solar is that the manufacturing and disposal of the panels takes an environmental toll.

I'm hoping they can resolve this issue as more panels are now depleting.  
4-14 09:23
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 4-14 09:13
Nice pano. Scope for lots more development there, too.

Yes. Unfortunately they'll install a fence.
4-14 09:29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 09:23
Remarkable 360 Depp.    When completed that solar farm will be producing a lot of green energy.  

the next problem to overcome will be what to do when the panels are depleted.  The problem with solar panel disposal is that the recycling process is energy intensive, and they cannot be simply thrown away because of the dangerous metals that can leech into the groundwater.  One of the reasons that nuclear power has such a low carbon footprint compared to solar is that the manufacturing and disposal of the panels takes an environmental toll.

Interesting.
Still think nuclear has a lot more problems than solar.
4-14 09:29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-14 09:29
Yes. Unfortunately they'll install a fence.

Drones can fly over fences
4-14 09:43
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 4-14 09:43
Drones can fly over fences

Fpv pilots climb over fences when they crash their drone...
4-14 09:45
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-14 09:45
Fpv pilots climb over fences when they crash their drone...

Just hope it's not an Electric fence
4-14 09:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-14 09:29
Interesting.
Still think nuclear has a lot more problems than solar.

From the outset, there has been a strong awareness of the potential hazard of both nuclear criticality and release of radioactive materials from generating electricity with nuclear power.   The design and operation of nuclear power plants aims to minimize the likelihood of accidents, and avoid major human consequences when they occur.  The evidence over six decades shows that nuclear power is a safe means of generating electricity. The risk of accidents in nuclear power plants is low and declining.

With nuclear power, the high energy density makes the potential hazard obvious, and this has always been factored into the design of nuclear power plants. The few accidents have been spectacular and newsworthy, but of little consequence in terms of human fatalities. The novelty value and hence newsworthiness of nuclear power accidents remains high in contrast with other industrial accidents, which receive comparatively little news coverage.
4-14 09:51
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 4-14 09:47
Just hope it's not an Electric fence

4-14 09:52
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 09:51
From the outset, there has been a strong awareness of the potential hazard of both nuclear criticality and release of radioactive materials from generating electricity with nuclear power.   The design and operation of nuclear power plants aims to minimize the likelihood of accidents, and avoid major human consequences when they occur.  The evidence over six decades shows that nuclear power is a safe means of generating electricity. The risk of accidents in nuclear power plants is low and declining.

With nuclear power, the high energy density makes the potential hazard obvious, and this has always been factored into the design of nuclear power plants. The few accidents have been spectacular and newsworthy, but of little consequence in terms of human fatalities. The novelty value and hence newsworthiness of nuclear power accidents remains high in contrast with other industrial accidents, which receive comparatively little news coverage.

Let's agree to disagree.
4-14 09:52
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-14 09:52
Let's agree to disagree.

Sorry I worded my reply wrong and I don't disagree with you.  I was just passing on what the world's leading scientists are saying and how they justify it.  

Personally, I think Chernobyl and Fukushima are two events that should warn us that we are living on the edge of a major catastrophic and possibly world ending event.  
4-14 10:10
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 10:10
Sorry I worded my reply wrong and I don't disagree with you.  I was just passing on what the world's leading scientists are saying and how they justify it.  

Personally, I think Chernobyl and Fukushima are two events that should warn us that we are living on the edge of a major catastrophic and possibly world ending event.

I'm glad to hear that and that we don't disagree after all.
4-14 10:19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-14 10:19
I'm glad to hear that and that we don't disagree after all.

Hope you are having a great weekend.  

I wanted to get a dive in today but I have a pistol tournament coming up on Wednesday so i went to the range and sent a 100 or so rounds downrange to maintain my accuracy.  Fun hobby but can get expensive.  
4-14 11:20
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

It’s going to be a huge solar farm when all the panels are installed
4-14 14:51
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
4-14 15:39
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 11:20
Hope you are having a great weekend.  

I wanted to get a dive in today but I have a pistol tournament coming up on Wednesday so i went to the range and sent a 100 or so rounds downrange to maintain my accuracy.  Fun hobby but can get expensive.

I had a great one myself, thanks. Slow on Saturday but a cool hike and tower dive including a few crashes on Sunday ending at the building site that I went twice before (once the Mini ran out of battery while doing a 360, once it was raining...). So happy that this time it went well.
4-14 21:25
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Codgerzh2 Posted at 4-14 14:51
It’s going to be a huge solar farm when all the panels are installed

It sure is, as big as 40 football/soccer fields....
4-14 21:26
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Thank you, BBT!
4-14 21:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did someone steal the panels?   Only joking Im assuming this is just being built.  
4-14 23:44
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:44
Did someone steal the panels?   Only joking Im assuming this is just being built.

Yep, a work in progress...
4-15 03:47
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-14 21:25
I had a great one myself, thanks. Slow on Saturday but a cool hike and tower dive including a few crashes on Sunday ending at the building site that I went twice before (once the Mini ran out of battery while doing a 360, once it was raining...). So happy that this time it went well.

I hear you on the crashes as they are never what you want to happen.  Hope you have a great week.  
4-15 04:01
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-15 03:47
Yep, a work in progress...

Theres a surprising number of these solar farms popping up these days,   The farmers fields on two local places have been given up to PV farms.
4-15 04:07
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-15 04:01
I hear you on the crashes as they are never what you want to happen.  Hope you have a great week.

Thank you, have a great one yourself.
- just came back from a bit of spring flying  - just one pack :-)
4-15 04:37
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 4-15 04:37
Thank you, have a great one yourself.
- just came back from a bit of spring flying  - just one pack :-)

Nice, glad you got a flight in.  Weather is great here today but my priority is to head to the pistol range.  
4-15 05:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules