DJI_0249.00_09_42_18.Still091.jpg
4-14 11:07
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shot of how you can turn a toxic dump into a viable wetlands habitat.    Do you know if those are tidal or freshwater wetlands Charles?
4-14 11:30
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 11:30
Great shot of how you can turn a toxic dump into a viable wetlands habitat.    Do you know if those are tidal or freshwater wetlands Charles?

I'd say it's brackish. They do rise and fall to a lower level than the sea. We have runoff and ocean coming together in the area captured. Just beyond the roadway there will be canoing and a park over to the right with fields. I assume they are waiting for the older generation to die off and forget how toxic this stuff was in the 50s. The people working in sanitation were riddled with cancer and lung problems back then. They but plasitc barriers in and there are places that things don't grow and never seem to freeze. It's getting better though.
4-14 11:32
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Deceptively beautiful, if it's that former waste  dump. Nature is slowly winning it back.
4-14 11:41
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-14 11:32
I'd say it's brackish. They do rise and fall to a lower level than the sea. We have runoff and ocean coming together in the area captured. Just beyond the roadway there will be canoing and a park over to the right with fields. I assume they are waiting for the older generation to die off and forget how toxic this stuff was in the 50s. The people working in sanitation were riddled with cancer and lung problems back then. They but plasitc barriers in and there are places that things don't grow and never seem to freeze. It's getting better though.

No doubt brackish would be correct.  I've seen a few of those places where nothing will grow back and animals and insects avoid crossing them.  We don't even want to know or think about what toxic chemicals were dumped in these places.  
4-14 11:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 11:44
No doubt brackish would be correct.  I've seen a few of those places where nothing will grow back and animals and insects avoid crossing them.  We don't even want to know or think about what toxic chemicals were dumped in these places.

the skeletons are always buried somewhere.
4-14 12:08
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-14 12:08
the skeletons are always buried somewhere.

They certainly are and no doubt lots on federal lands.  
4-14 12:21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 12:21
They certainly are and no doubt lots on federal lands.

Federal and local alike. It all depends on who the culprits are.
4-14 12:29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-14 12:29
Federal and local alike. It all depends on who the culprits are.

As I traveled around the world I saw lots and lots of toxic stuff being taken out to sea an dumped and lots of things getting buried on land just outside a base.  Anyway, we best leave those skeletons hidden.  
4-14 12:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-14 12:55
As I traveled around the world I saw lots and lots of toxic stuff being taken out to sea an dumped and lots of things getting buried on land just outside a base.  Anyway, we best leave those skeletons hidden.

The Nuclear waste that was sealed in cement and buried after world war 2 ir ripe for rotting. What happens when that starts bubbling to the surface?
4-14 15:24
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Very nice shot. I guess this is very marshy and you can go in...
4-14 21:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice shot Charles,    hopefully you're getting a break in the weather to fly too.
4-14 23:41
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-14 23:41
Nice shot Charles,    hopefully you're getting a break in the weather to fly too.

Mother Nature seems to be giving in a little.
4-15 02:52
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-15 02:52
Mother Nature seems to be giving in a little.

We had a nice day forecast today but we woke up to strong winds and now hale.
4-15 03:15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-14 15:24
The Nuclear waste that was sealed in cement and buried after world war 2 ir ripe for rotting. What happens when that starts bubbling to the surface?

I don't even want to think of what could happen in that instance.  No doubt it would be another superfund site but eventually a permanent solution has to be found.  
4-15 03:58
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules