446 9 4-14 12:24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have not yet set up my new Avata 2 as been busy on other things. I understand you Activate and update all the hardware using the OTG cable and you smart phone with the DJI fly App.

I am a little confused as I updated my DJI fly App yesturday and in the connection guide I cannot see the Avata 2.

Do i just plug it in anyway ?
4-14 12:24
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your phone will only need to be plugged into the Goggles 3 to execute the entire update for the kit.
4-14 13:08
Use props
Tom_765
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm seeing this too.  I updated the goggles, motion controller, and Avata 2 drone using my PC.  However, I still had to plug my phone as it kept saying it wasn't connected to DJI FLY.  After flying for a bit, the message went away but the Avata 2 still doesn't show up in the DJI Fly App.
4-14 15:39
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Do you have the latest version of fly app. I just update the app on my iPad while waiting for avata 2 delivery, and app shows the avata 2 in connection options.Also added the fly app on my s23 phone with app from dji downloads and that has the avata 2 in options
4-14 16:05
Use props
Motti7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40976496 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue.  after deleting the Fly App from my phone and reinstalled it, everything worked.
4-14 16:49
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI FLY APPS Ver.1.13.0 (Android)
4-14 18:39
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific APP version are you using. If you haven't updated it yet, please download the latest version using the link below. If you still experience the same issue, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue for further investigation. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
4-14 19:06
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-14 19:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific APP version are you using. If you haven't updated it yet, please download the latest version using the link below. If you still experience the same issue, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue for further investigation. Please keep us posted.

https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Many thanks

I emailed that link to my phone and on clicking it on my phone it came up with a message to download the app from the app store. I did this and the normal iphone udate app message appeared. I clicked on the update and the Avata 2 now appears in my fly app

It was strange that doing a normal App store update yesterday did not have this result. All sorted now for me however
4-14 22:41
Use props
ClementClement
lvl.1

United States

I can confirm what Motti7 said.

It wouldn't work, it said "Device not recognized" for me.
After deleting the Fly App from the phone and reinstalled it, everything worked.
4-15 19:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bigplumbs Posted at 4-14 22:41
Many thanks

I emailed that link to my phone and on clicking it on my phone it came up with a message to download the app from the app store. I did this and the normal iphone udate app message appeared. I clicked on the update and the Avata 2 now appears in my fly app

Thank you for keeping us posted, Bigplumbs. We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Should you have other inquiries or concerns, feel free to contact us. Happy flying!
4-17 23:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules