Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata 2 remote ID FAA registration
8455 28 4-15 08:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90833 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried to register the Avata 2 on the FAA website and they’re stating that the Remote ID number is invalid.
The Avata 1 remote ID numbers do work. I guess the Avata 2  is just too new at this point and not in their database.

I guess I could try to give them a call and see what to do
Has anybody else run into this?

4-15 08:57
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

I checked the FAA remote ID database for a declaration of compliance for the Avata 2 and I don't see one.  Not sure if that means the serial numbers are invalid for the system but what it does mean, currently the Avata 2 is illegal to fly in US Airspace outside a FRIA unless properly registered.
4-15 09:33
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-15 09:33
I checked the FAA remote ID database for a declaration of compliance for the Avata 2 and I don't see one.  Not sure if that means the serial numbers are invalid for the system but what it does mean, currently the Avata 2 is illegal to fly in US Airspace outside a FRIA unless properly registered.

Well there is going to be a whole lot of violating going on!  
4-15 10:00
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that’s great news. Just lovely
4-15 10:28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28675886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 10:00
Well there is going to be a whole lot of violating going on!

Amen brother!
4-15 11:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, fans81504005. Thank you for reaching out. The Avata 2 drone is provided with the RID function. Please rest assured. Here is how to find the RID for DJI Drones:

If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F). In this case, the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number,  You can check the serial number of the drone in various ways:

• Serial number on the box sticker.
• Serial number inside the battery compartment or elsewhere on the fuselage of the drone.
• Serial number inside the DJI flight control app.
• Serial number inside “Available networks” of the WLAN.

If the drone has a 14-digit alphanumeric serial number. In this case, the Remote ID serial number is different from the aircraft serial number (or flight controller serial number).  You can get the Remote ID serial number of these drones in the following 2 ways:
• Remote ID Serial number inside the DJI flight control app.
• ŸRemote ID Serial number inside “Available networks” of the WLAN.

Should the issue persist, please provide us with a screenshot of the error message.
4-17 01:13
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3948862 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI - what about the FAA Declaration of Compliance for the Avata 2? Can you address this please? Can you provide a link? It is not listed in the FAA DOC list. Can only find the Avata. Thanks.
IMG_5306.png
4-20 07:11
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-17 01:13
Hello, fans81504005. Thank you for reaching out. The Avata 2 drone is provided with the RID function. Please rest assured. Here is how to find the RID for DJI Drones:

If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F). In this case, the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number,  You can check the serial number of the drone in various ways:

DJI - can you address the FAA declaration of compliance for the Avata 2? It is not showing up the the FAA DOC list. I just bought an Avata 2 and picked it up today. Per Part 89 manufacturers are required to have standard remote id built in and an approved/accepted FAA DOC before they can sell/ship any new production aircraft that were manufactured after 12/16/2022. See my screenshot in the comment below in this thread.
4-20 07:16
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

gabe_riv Posted at 4-20 07:16
DJI - can you address the FAA declaration of compliance for the Avata 2? It is not showing up the the FAA DOC list. I just bought an Avata 2 and picked it up today. Per Part 89 manufacturers are required to have standard remote id built in and an approved/accepted FAA DOC before they can sell/ship any new production aircraft that were manufactured after 12/16/2022. See my screenshot in the comment below in this thread.

I had no problem registering my Avata 2 to my FAA account.  Just entered the full drone serial number.

4-20 07:39
Use props
OldGuy2024
lvl.3
Flight distance : 632428 ft
United States

Like DirtyBird.  No issues adding the Avata2 to the inventory yesterday at the FAA site.  Same process as all the previous other UASs.
4-20 15:42
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Avata 2 is still not in there database. Serial # error.  The Avata is in there database.
4-20 18:00
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans81504005 Posted at 4-20 18:00
The Avata 2 is still not in there database. Serial # error.  The Avata is in there database.

My understand is there is no FAA database for drones to be added.  It's just a simple registration with serial numbers and related data.  You're probably just entering in the serial number incorrectly.
4-20 18:18
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I’ll triple check it.
4-20 18:40
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

All—please read the ‘IMPORTANT - Before you get started’ section at https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id.

This UAS lacks an FAA-accepted DOC, rendering it non-compliant with RID, despite any broadcasting capabilities. DJI neglected to acquire an accepted DOC before distributing these aircraft.

Also, there appears to be a bug or incomplete setup in the FAA databases (Drone Zone and FAA DOC database), preventing the search of SNs on the FAA DOC portal.

While I personally appreciate DJI products and own many, from a technical/compliance standpoint, DJI violated Part 89 as a manufacturer by failing to secure a DOC before selling or shipping these aircraft in the US. As per Part 89, consumers are technically affected by this until an accepted DOC is issued for the Avata 2 (meaning no one is compliant with RID unless a Broadcast Module is used).
IMG_5313.png
4-21 07:22
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

gabe_riv Posted at 4-21 07:22
All—please read the ‘IMPORTANT - Before you get started’ section at https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id.

This UAS lacks an FAA-accepted DOC, rendering it non-compliant with RID, despite any broadcasting capabilities. DJI neglected to acquire an accepted DOC before distributing these aircraft.
[Image]

DJI failed to obtain a DOC prior to shipping and the FAA failed to enforce a rule THEY made lol. Had the databases worked as they are supposed (e.g. carry over the SNs from the DOC portal, people who purchase and registered their Avata 2 as having SRID shouldn’t have been able to and this would’ve been flagged earlier) I’m almost positive you can enter any number when registering as long as it has the certain amount of characters.

FYI - Another way you should be able to view SNs on an approved DOC is if you click on it and see the listed range of SNs on the DOC and/or open the csv with the SNs listed ( I believe manufacturers have the option to enter in a range of SNs or upload a csv that includes a list of all the SNs under said DOC….if there is one lol)
4-21 07:29
Use props
Dirty Bird
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fans81504005 Posted at 4-20 18:00

Did you enter the full 20-digit serial number that begins with "1581F"?  Cut & pasted my Avata 2 SN from my DJI Care policy.  Registered the bird in under a minute.

Also the "There's no DOC on file!" worries are needless concerns.  We all know how inefficient the government can be.  The most likely issue is the FAA website/database has not been updated.
4-21 08:17
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gabe_riv Posted at 4-21 07:29
DJI failed to obtain a DOC prior to shipping and the FAA failed to enforce a rule THEY made lol. Had the databases worked as they are supposed (e.g. carry over the SNs from the DOC portal, people who purchase and registered their Avata 2 as having SRID shouldn’t have been able to and this would’ve been flagged earlier) I’m almost positive you can enter any number when registering as long as it has the certain amount of characters.

FYI - Another way you should be able to view SNs on an approved DOC is if you click on it and see the listed range of SNs on the DOC and/or open the csv with the SNs listed ( I believe manufacturers have the option to enter in a range of SNs or upload a csv that includes a list of all the SNs under said DOC….if there is one lol)

I;m going to agree with you 95% but I have to ask:  why do you think the DoC should be tied to the registration database directly?  Do you believe every drone that gets registered must have a DoC?  If you registered an old drone without standard RID that you intend to attach an external RID module to it, you should use the serial number of the RID module (because no standard RID means the FAA does not collect the drone's sn).  Does the database check to see if the RID module is valid (because you don't even enter the manufacturer of the module anywhere in the database registration tool).

We don't know what happened here; whether DJI is late or failed to submit....or the FAA is slow.  It is true that you "basically" cannot manufacture for sale a drone without a DoC but do we think the DoC has to be approved (and posted) before the selling can start?  With FCC, you literally cannot get your drones across the border out of customs without that approved document, should the same be for the DoC?  I dunno, I hope not.
4-21 09:41
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gabe_riv Posted at 4-20 07:16

Hi, gabe_riv. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your screenshot to our relevant team for confirmation. We'll keep you posted.
4-23 05:07
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

FWIW - (already confirmed, but validated) see attached screenshot for response from FAA regarding my inquiry about the Avata 2.
IMG_5340.jpeg
4-23 17:46
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-23 05:07
Hi, gabe_riv. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward your screenshot to our relevant team for confirmation. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks look forward hearing back
4-24 18:55
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 4-21 09:41
I;m going to agree with you 95% but I have to ask:  why do you think the DoC should be tied to the registration database directly?  Do you believe every drone that gets registered must have a DoC?  If you registered an old drone without standard RID that you intend to attach an external RID module to it, you should use the serial number of the RID module (because no standard RID means the FAA does not collect the drone's sn).  Does the database check to see if the RID module is valid (because you don't even enter the manufacturer of the module anywhere in the database registration tool).

We don't know what happened here; whether DJI is late or failed to submit....or the FAA is slow.  It is true that you "basically" cannot manufacture for sale a drone without a DoC but do we think the DoC has to be approved (and posted) before the selling can start?  With FCC, you literally cannot get your drones across the border out of customs without that approved document, should the same be for the DoC?  I dunno, I hope not.

It’s true that they cannot sell until listed on doc. See my latest post.
4-24 18:55
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

gabe_riv Posted at 4-24 18:55
It’s true that they cannot sell until listed on doc. See my latest post.

I don't see anything mentioned about selling; all I see is the drone being called non-compliant.

Unlike not having FCC, not having a DoC isn't preventing the drone from selling.
4-25 04:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gabe_riv Posted at 4-24 18:55
Thanks look forward hearing back

Hi, gabe_riv. Please check my DM regarding the topic we discussed. Thank you.
4-25 06:09
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 504649 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had no issues registering mine.  Just entered the SN on the box and it was accepted just fine.
4-27 16:58
Use props
gabe_riv
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000001376
5-3 18:42
Use props
slickman
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Just a FYI, I just registered my AVATA2 on the FAA site with no problem.
5-16 10:22
Use props
djiuser_8MLeGudNTzEs
New

United States

I am having the same problem
6-15 10:29
Use props
rightflyer
New

United States

If you are having trouble registering a remote id serial number, check that you aren't entering a letter "O" where it should be a number "0".
6-30 09:17
Use props
PGP_Protector
lvl.1
United States

Avata 2 has a DOC for RID with the FAA -> https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs/RID000001376
7-5 14:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules