991 71 4-16 02:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

USER001 Posted at 4-18 09:04
AI does stuff more quickly and efficiently. You will only know when you try it out yourself. It can do in 2 minutes what a human will take 3 hours to do.

And what happened to the pleasure of doing things and mastering them?

4-18 09:26
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-18 09:26
And what happened to the pleasure of doing things and mastering them?

Would you rather be happy about doing something, but you took 5 hours and it was a bit inaccurate, or, just have the AI do it for you?
4-18 09:28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

USER001 Posted at 4-18 09:28
Would you rather be happy about doing something, but you took 5 hours and it was a bit inaccurate, or, just have the AI do it for you?

To give you a totally rational and honest answer. If it's something I like to do, like mechanical calculation. without hesitation I do it without AI, I mean while keeping maximum control over what I do, doesnt matter how much time does it take.
Now if it's for work and I need something quick, yes of course I could use it.

But I strongly recommend using it as little as possible. Use your hands and your brain. Don't leave your fate in the hands of a machine.
Machine which are largely influenced in its decisions by the way in which it was configured and with what it was fed.
4-18 09:35
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-18 07:26
You always want to start an argument with me, don't you? I own a Phantom 4. I apologise for the error: it's not Phantom 4 Pro. I mean Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. And here are two proofs that I have been to Italy.
Proof 1: This photo. [view_image]
Proof 2: This thread. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=310491

No mate, you got it all wrong....

You are my idol... I'm actually jealous of your fantasy world... I wish it was that easy for me...
4-18 14:14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-18 07:55
I went to a hell of a spot, you'll never believe me. The proof here:

[view_image]

Why do you have to exaggerate all the times???

Sorry, I couldn't upload any picture, because my Stereo 8 cartridge got wet...
4-18 14:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 4-18 07:13
Me too. But I translated it to km using Google. Anyway, do you why it suddenly increased?

I made a point of syncing all my controllers before the Avata 2 was activated incase airdata wasnt supporting the avata 2 yet.
4-18 21:19
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-18 14:20
Why do you have to exaggerate all the times???

[view_image]

That one is kind of clear. If you make the font slightly larger then maybe it could trick a few people.
4-19 07:13
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 4-18 09:35
To give you a totally rational and honest answer. If it's something I like to do, like mechanical calculation. without hesitation I do it without AI, I mean while keeping maximum control over what I do, doesnt matter how much time does it take.
Now if it's for work and I need something quick, yes of course I could use it.

If I enjoy doing something, then I do it, but if I want to get rid of it quickly, then I mostly use AI if it's possible. But you need to be careful, as sometimes the response can be completely inaccurate and stupid.
4-19 07:17
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

USER001 Posted at 4-18 08:55
What does it mean?

It means stay in control of the drone.
4-19 07:55
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-19 07:55
It means stay in control of the drone.

Oh. Thanks for the info. I noticed that most of the Avata and FPV crashes were done in M mode, so it's clearly the riskiest mode.
4-19 09:43
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-19 07:13
That one is kind of clear. If you make the font slightly larger then maybe it could trick a few people.

Man, you are good...

I'm thinking of a colour.... Can you guess it?
4-19 20:11
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-19 20:11
Man, you are good...

I'm thinking of a colour.... Can you guess it?

Green? It’s your avatar. Anyway, tell me.
4-20 00:41
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-20 00:41
Green? It’s your avatar. Anyway, tell me.

Green? But my avatar is blue...
4-20 04:52
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-20 04:52
Green? But my avatar is blue...

How is it blue? Your avatar consists of (from most to least prominent) green, white, gold, and black.

BTW what even is your avatar?
4-20 04:54
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-20 04:54
How is it blue? Your avatar consists of (from most to least prominent) green, white, gold, and black.

BTW what even is your avatar?

It is trumpet from Priscilla Queen of the Desert....

Can you express yourself with feelings or just the data you have available in your database?
4-20 04:59
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-20 04:59
It is trumpet from Priscilla Queen of the Desert....

Can you express yourself with feelings or just the data you have available in your database?

What database? Do you think I'm a chatbot or something?
4-20 05:17
Use props
wizlord
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10013 ft
Greece

Congrats man !!
I got mine 3 days ago and todays was my 1rst flight. But a red message popped up on my goggles saying " Goggles dynamic safety database not available" and i dont know what it is. there is no updates available to do. any suggestions ?
4-20 09:05
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

wizlord Posted at 4-20 09:05
Congrats man !!
I got mine 3 days ago and todays was my 1rst flight. But a red message popped up on my goggles saying " Goggles dynamic safety database not available" and i dont know what it is. there is no updates available to do. any suggestions ?

The "Goggles dynamic safety database not available" error message on your DJI Avata 2 goggles typically indicates an issue with the safety features or the database used by the goggles to ensure safe flight operations. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot this issue:

Check for Updates: Even if you haven't seen any updates available, it's worth double-checking. Sometimes updates can be missed or not automatically detected. Make sure both your goggles and the associated DJI Avata 2 drone firmware are fully up to date.
Reboot Goggles and Drone: Try powering off both your Avata 2 goggles and the drone, then power them back on. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches.
Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your goggles are connected to the internet, as they may need to download the latest safety database. If you're using a smartphone as a hotspot, make sure it's connected and has a stable internet connection.
Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your goggles. This will revert them to their default settings, but it may resolve any software issues causing the error message. Just be aware that this will erase any customized settings you've configured.
Contact DJI Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's best to reach out to DJI's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or troubleshooting steps tailored to your situation.

I don't recommend you to go for long haul flights with safety errors, because it could result in a crash.

4-21 01:19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Congrats
5-9 11:43
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thanks!
5-10 07:35
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-17 14:33
Best to get high in Normal mode, then switch to Manual with altitude.  You can pop the Pause button to jump back into Normal mode if necessary.  I find it's best to initially set the gimbal to a moderate angle...5-10°...& fly forward at a steady pace.  Don't try to hover at first.  Also cutting back the rates & Expo helps.

Hi DB - hope all is well mate. I started flying in full manual today and had three successful first flights! What rates and expo would you suggest?
5-10 11:14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
5-10 11:21
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 5-10 11:14
Hi DB - hope all is well mate. I started flying in full manual today and had three successful first flights! What rates and expo would you suggest?

This is what I am using.  You may want to start out the Max Rate settings at 1/2 (360/200)if this is too quick.

5-10 20:08
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 5-10 20:08
This is what I am using.  You may want to start out the Max Rate settings at 1/2 (360/200)if this is too quick.

[view_image]

Thanks DB. Two full spins a second - WOW mate! lol Yeah, think I will lower centre sensitivity for sure and round up the expo with the rates at 360 while I'm flying higher up.
5-10 21:38
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-10 21:38
Thanks DB. Two full spins a second - WOW mate! lol Yeah, think I will lower centre sensitivity for sure and round up the expo with the rates at 360 while I'm flying higher up.

These remarks are like a foreign language to me. Obviously I have an awful lot to learn about flying mine in manual mode. Until I do, I'm quite happy to 'potter around' in N and occasionally pop in to S when feeling adventurous. At my age, my reactions and speed of thinking are probably not up to even trying M .
5-10 22:01
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-10 22:01
These remarks are like a foreign language to me. Obviously I have an awful lot to learn about flying mine in manual mode. Until I do, I'm quite happy to 'potter around' in N and occasionally pop in to S when feeling adventurous. At my age, my reactions and speed of thinking are probably not up to even trying M .

Trust me - I felt exactly the same lol It does require a lot of research, practice and dedication - especially if you don't want to crash and intend to make it all click. If you're content in N/S mode then stick with that - but if you want to try M mode then I strongly suggest you start to learn about it and take small steps as you progress. The other day I was stood next to a gent who is 74 years old flying a 5" FPV drone he built!  
5-10 22:26
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-10 22:26
Trust me - I felt exactly the same lol It does require a lot of research, practice and dedication - especially if you don't want to crash and intend to make it all click. If you're content in N/S mode then stick with that - but if you want to try M mode then I strongly suggest you start to learn about it and take small steps as you progress. The other day I was stood next to a gent who is 74 years old flying a 5" FPV drone he built!

Thanks for that AJ. I'm 75 so I still beat him in age. but.......... I will strive to continue to learn.
5-11 23:37
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-11 23:37
Thanks for that AJ. I'm 75 so I still beat him in age.  but.......... I will strive to continue to learn.

Good man - we never stop learning! That said I won't deny that manual FPV is hard for anyone. So if you intend to go down this path be sure to do plenty of research and practice on simulators before you even think of flying FPV. I love it but it is not for everyone.
5-11 23:40
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-11 23:40
Good man - we never stop learning! That said I won't deny that manual FPV is hard for anyone. So if you intend to go down this path be sure to do plenty of research and practice on simulators before you even think of flying FPV. I love it but it is not for everyone.

Will do AJ. But like yourself, I have the Old Faithful M2P to fall back on as well as a couple of Mini 2s to help with any boredom problems.
5-12 00:17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-12 00:17
Will do AJ. But like yourself, I have the Old Faithful M2P to fall back on as well as a couple of Mini 2s to help with any boredom problems.

I sold all of my drones a few years ago. I only returned to the hobby last month when I bought the Avata 2 as always wanted to do FPV and no regrets in that decision.
5-12 00:20
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-12 00:20
I sold all of my drones a few years ago. I only returned to the hobby last month when I bought the Avata 2 as always wanted to do FPV and no regrets in that decision.

Oh! I see. It was just that your forum avatar is still showing your previous ownership of certain drones. My 'bad' as the youngsters say.
5-12 00:25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

yogi053 Posted at 5-12 00:25
Oh! I see. It was just that your forum avatar is still showing your previous ownership of certain drones. My 'bad' as the youngsters say.

Yeah, whenever you have registered a drone that you have bought on your DJI account the Avatar will show it in your profile. It remains there for life to show others that you have owned the drone and presumably have some experience in flying it. The Avatar 2 is my 13th DJI drone since August 2016 but the only one I presently own and fly.
5-12 00:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules