Screen problem
280 22 4-17 03:07
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

Since today the screen dos'nt hold in the landscape direction (eg if I swith the P3 on) - snap allways back in the portrait position (dosn't locks in the landscape position).....

Any ideay what can i do?

Josef

4-17 03:07
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

get with  the repair, but do show a photo and or video here to document your issue.
4-17 03:13
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

https://nextcloud.crn.at/index.php/s/mTyCjTPnDbqQiHj

How long needs an repair - I go in two weeks on vacation to Florida and like to have my P3 with me.......
4-17 03:46
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As you must ask DJI that question  at the repair  https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Your vacation is important to you and your members, the camera is working in Portrait mode, you can turn on by the Record/shutter, and off,  and as long as it is that  position, you can use the camera, get your  lifetime memoriable shots, and then  send for repair.

that is my Opinion.

If the camera is Brand new and within a return period, it would get returned to where purchased and  one of two things,,  the   place of purchase can say defect, or negligence.
If its past the return period, then a warranty must be done and proper paperwork is needed, the time from start to finish  will not be   a few days, (get with the repair to find out an estimate time),
last option is to  buy a new one, use another product, or  just go have fun.

hope   you enjoy South Florida.  are you Going to WDW Disney World?  Weather is going to be SWEET/ nice , enjoy your vacation
4-17 04:22
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

I have Care Refresh, the device is a round 6 Month old. I have now done now the Care Refresh support activatet. I can only not undrstand whyy I have to pay 35 € (should be an waranty case). Anyway, I need an quick solution, in this case I have paid the 35,- € because a discusion  extended only the repair prozess.....
4-17 04:32
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Well-known problem. Have heard of people using elastic bands to hold the screen in landscape mode until convenient to get a replacement/repair. Def a warranty issue.
4-17 06:16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not us to decide, its DJI,   co-pay I guess, I bet it is something so simple that a lil       nipple inside  broke causing that concern.    if mine ever breaks I will simply say thank you DJI. been a pleasure
4-17 07:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Josef. Thank you for reaching out. The icon from the screenshot below indicates that the screen has been locked in landscape mode. Regardless of whether the screen is displayed in landscape or portrait orientation, the video captured will always be in landscape format. Please slide your finger down on the screen then you may set it to lock the landscape or portrait orientation or not lock it.
4-18 06:06
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

Oh sh*t, the P3 is now on the meantime to the DJI repair center (UPS pick it up an hour ag) :-(
4-18 06:11
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

At least it gets repaired, as I mentioned to use it in portrait by hitting just the record.  
4-18 12:24
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

Will see now how much time they need for an repaire case.....
4-18 12:34
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

keep all posted hope for the best
4-18 14:15
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

Wow, DJI Care's repair service is really fast - I contacted support on Wednesday last week, UPS picked up the device a day later on Thursday, and I got it back with DHL on Tuesday.

Really fas and good service, congrulation DJI. Care refresh was an good investition.
4-24 00:15
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Cpt. Joe Posted at 4-24 00:15
Wow, DJI Care's repair service is really fast - I contacted support on Wednesday last week, UPS picked up the device a day later on Thursday, and I got it back with DHL on Tuesday.

Really fas and good service, congrulation DJI. Care refresh was an good investition.

did you have to pay something?
It is a clear warranty case!
4-24 02:21
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

30,- €. think was the shippment costs for UPS pickup and return with DHL It's OK for me for the fast service
4-24 02:35
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Cpt. Joe Posted at 4-24 02:35
30,- €. think was the shippment costs for UPS pickup and return with DHL It's OK for me for the fast service

I would contact DJI again. even 30,00 EURO is not much, it's too much for a problem,
which is a warranty case.
4-24 05:04
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Glad you got the  problem resolved fast .    sounds like you are  satasfied.  same  camera back correct?

FISH
4-24 05:20
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

yes, everthing fin again. The P3 cams back in a box including anUSB cable and the small  tripod adapter (I send it only th P3 to the service center). Looks like they changed only the device....
4-24 05:27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Cpt. Joe Posted at 4-24 05:27
yes, everthing fin again. The P3 cams back in a box including anUSB cable and the small  tripod adapter (I send it only th P3 to the service center). Looks like they changed only the device....

so you got a totally new device, Awesome.
4-24 05:44
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

It looks like....
4-24 05:45
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

in case that it is a new item, you should need to connect it first to your account,
because it would be a new serial-number.
4-24 06:54
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

UweE Posted at 4-24 06:54
in case that it is a new item, you should need to connect it first to your account,
because it would be a new serial-number.

unless DJI set it up, that is what I am wondering.
4-24 07:01
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

I have done this by myself after got the device....
4-24 11:11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules