• >>>
Germany

4-17 04:35
Use props
djiuser_2qYlVcXqJcmZ
lvl.2

Germany

Thanks for this Test!

Dear DJI Team, please do something about this situation. The Avata 2 is really hard to use under these conditions. Is there any way to get a different C-class certification so that we are able to fly with full power? Otherwise, I think you might lose some customers or be unable to retain them.
4-17 07:41
Use props
Fozando
lvl.4
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

djiuser_2qYlVcXqJcmZ Posted at 4-17 07:41
Thanks for this Test!

Dear DJI Team, please do something about this situation. The Avata 2 is really hard to use under these conditions. Is there any way to get a different C-class certification so that we are able to fly with full power? Otherwise, I think you might lose some customers or be unable to retain them.

Change the label to C2 with the beginner mode limited to 3m/s or change the label to C3
4-17 10:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did anyone see the Rimzler review,  he's in Italy and peaked over 110km/h with his unit.   Around the 19 minute mark.

4-17 23:33
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4202785 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 23:33
Did anyone see the Rimzler review,  he's in Italy and peaked over 110km/h with his unit.   Around the 19 minute mark.

With tailwind. I got 24 m/s with tailwind too.
The test conditions for compliance certification are: "The ambient air speed should be calm air (less than 1 m/s or zero on the Beaufort scale)." (DIN EN 4709)
And later in the video he mentions too "it's not as punchy as the old one".

Don't get me wrong, the Avata 2 is a huge upgrade for me, because of its in-build Action 4 and the much greater precision in flying it manual. But it isn't the drone for aggressive Freestyle, if anybody wants this out of a cinewhoop anyway.
4-18 00:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skyscope Posted at 4-18 00:48
With tailwind.
The test conditions for compliance certification are: "The ambient air speed should be calm air (less than 1 m/s or zero on the Beaufort scale)." (DIN EN 4709)
And later in the video he mentions too "it's not as punchy as the old one".

He also said it did 90-100km/h without the wind.
4-18 00:50
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 00:50
He also said it did 90-100km/h without the wind.

Timestamp?
4-18 00:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

About 19:30.
4-18 00:57
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

Then he's wrong at this point. In this video there are speeds above 70 km/h only when he's flying with the wind.In conditions without wind the Avata 2 in Europe has a maximum of 69 km/h when leveled, no matter what.
4-18 01:03
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I'll just leave this here.

4-18 01:29
Use props
skyscope
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

oberschneider.com Posted at 4-18 01:29

Thank you, that's interesting. So Drone Tweaks could also bypasses the power limit?

But: Doesn't really look like an Avata 2 Goggles DVR, because the drone's middle display within the black frame is missing here?!
Or it's not on release firmware? As we know, some limitations first got implemented with the release firmware.
4-18 01:32
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

skyscope Posted at 4-18 01:32
Thank you, that's interesting. So Drone Tweaks could also bypasses the power limit?

But: Doesn't really look like an Avata 2 Goggles DVR, because the drone's middle display within the black frame is missing here?!

I've done quite a bit of research on this topic, and it looks like DT enables FCC mode and the hamfile then adds manual channel selection as well. I'll give it a try.
4-18 02:02
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

DT FCC hack unlocks the avata 2 to allow full FCC power levels. The ham file only unlocks the manual channel selection as far a I can tell. They are a great combo when using them together. Im still learning and watching what others seeing as well. Still early days
4-18 03:45
Use props
AlSo-Fotografie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 423907 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The hack (hamfile) no longer works with the current firmware
4-18 04:19
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

AlSo-Fotografie Posted at 4-18 04:19
The hack (hamfile) no longer works with the current firmware

It seems to work only together with the DT hack.
4-18 07:35
Use props
djiuser_V2C9YBWErD3b
lvl.1

Austria

Dji should let people decide which class they want to fly. For the Avata 2 you need the same requirements (its exactly the same license A1/A3) for the slow and the quick version in europe. The only difference is the sticker on the drone and that you are not allowed to fly within a range of 150 meters to people with the quick version. Its stupid to force costumers to fly in this slow mode.
4-19 15:48
Use props
atgertgmail.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 790659 ft
  • >>>
Austria

How to configure Stick Mode 4 for Avata2. Why did they remove Mode 4 setup from App? All DJI drones have mode 4 why not available on fpv drones?
Reason?
IMG_3719.jpeg
4-20 01:08
Use props
atgertgmail.com
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 790659 ft
  • >>>
Austria

atgertgmail.com Posted at 4-20 01:08
[Image]

This setup for stickmode 4. I do not understand why DJI removed Mode 4 for FPV Produkts. No manufacturer does this!
4-20 01:10
Use props
jackdwish
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16841 ft
Netherlands

skyscope Posted at 4-18 01:03
Then he's wrong at this point. In this video there are speeds above 70 km/h only when he's flying with the wind.In conditions without wind the Avata 2 in Europe has a maximum of 69 km/h when leveled, no matter what.

Yes correct, the hack turns the entire drone into FCC and full engine power and full transmit power are available. The ham file additionally unblocks all channels. I wonder if the next DJI update will block this hack. Now we have to watch out for new updates.
4-20 05:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, everyone. Thank you for your feedback, DJI Avata 2 currently is at the C1 level. We will escalate your feedback to our relevant team. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
4-21 19:40
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

C1 only should affect TOP SPEED, not MAX ENGINE POWER...

so please DJI, fix this in the firmware ;) i understand for C1 in the EU you can only go 19m/s, but nothing is stated on the engine power....

furthermore, i hope there will be a simpler fix for FCC mode, i don't like using non original software
4-22 00:46
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Big Like
4-23 00:12
Use props
Bensberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1254337 ft
Germany

The Avata 2 is not eligible for the C1 CIL.

At least two class requirements are not met, as it does not comply with:
be equipped with
(a) lights for the purpose of controllability of the UA; and
(b) at least one green flashing light for the purpose of conspicuity of the UA at night to allow a person on the ground to distinguish the UA from a manned aircraft;
4-23 05:04
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BadBert Posted at 4-22 00:46
C1 only should affect TOP SPEED, not MAX ENGINE POWER...

so please DJI, fix this in the firmware ;) i understand for C1 in the EU you can only go 19m/s, but nothing is stated on the engine power....

We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
4-23 07:05
Use props
djiuser_Nz7EpyYrLPGy
New
Belgium

C1 only should affect TOP SPEED, not MAX ENGINE POWER...

so please DJI, fix this in the firmware ;) i understand for C1 in the EU you can only go 19m/s, but nothing is stated on the engine power....

Currently with tail wind it is possible to go faster as 69km/h. So the EU powerlimit is missing its point.

They should limit speed based on gps data. And let the power be the same as FCC.  So we can do powerloops and split-S, dives etc.
4-23 10:07
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_Nz7EpyYrLPGy Posted at 4-23 10:07
Currently with tail wind it is possible to go faster as 69km/h. So the EU powerlimit is missing its point.

They should limit speed based on gps data. And let the power be the same as FCC.  So we can do powerloops and split-S, dives etc.

Exactly my point!
4-23 22:59
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505548 ft
Ireland

I've had a chance to test avata 2 yesterday in 15km/h wind & 20 km/h gusts. It was so underpowered!! I would be able to live with 69k/h speed limit, but overall limitation of power to the motors  is making Avata 2 useless as an fpv drone.
4-24 02:08
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

player_87 Posted at 4-24 02:08
I've had a chance to test avata 2 yesterday in 15km/h wind & 20 km/h gusts. It was so underpowered!! I would be able to live with 69k/h speed limit, but overall limitation of power to the motors  is making Avata 2 useless as an fpv drone.

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to forward this to the relevant team for awareness. We appreciate your patience and valued support.
4-24 02:13
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 02:13
Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to forward this to the relevant team for awareness. We appreciate your patience and valued support.

Thank you Tony. I really hope that DJI will be able to find a solution to satisfy EU regulations and manual pilots in Europe at the same time. For me personally it is scary to do simple and easy dive with avata 2 as I might be not able to recover it due to limited power to the motors.
4-24 02:24
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

@skyscope Thank you for this video test, you are a champ. Hopefully we will be able to find a solution.  
4-24 02:28
Use props
oberschneider.com
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Austria

oberschneider.com Posted at 4-18 02:02
I've done quite a bit of research on this topic, and it looks like DT enables FCC mode and the hamfile then adds manual channel selection as well. I'll give it a try.

Update: DT works as advertised, and the hamfile adds manual channel selection.
4-24 03:25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

player_87 Posted at 4-24 02:24
Thank you Tony. I really hope that DJI will be able to find a solution to satisfy EU regulations and manual pilots in Europe at the same time. For me personally it is scary to do simple and easy dive with avata 2 as I might be not able to recover it due to limited power to the motors.

You are most welcome. This is well-noted. Our team carefully evaluates each request to ensure the best possible outcome. Thank you for your great support.
4-24 04:00
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

C1 only should affect TOP SPEED, not MAX ENGINE POWER...

so please DJI, fix this in the firmware ;) i understand for C1 in the EU you can only go 19m/s, but nothing is stated on the engine power....

EASA regulations also regulate max loudness. This is why they limited max motor speed up.
Otherwise it would be to loud with the current design.
4-24 04:56
Use props
DooMMasteR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105262 ft
Germany

C2 would be the way to go.
4-24 05:23
Use props
djiuser_LGn42cAxJIh5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28458 ft
United Kingdom

Ok, so I have a genuine question for everybody, I've only got the DJI mini 2 But I Ve been looking at the Avata for a while and now definitely the Avata 2, But my honest question is, since all the rules and regulations changed last year, What is the point of having an FPV Drone in the uk. If you have to have a spotter stood at the side of you, which cannot let the drone go out of their sight, then what's the point of one of these drones, It's bad enough having a small drone like the mini which disappears out of your site within seconds because it's so small, And the same problems going to happen with this plus how fast can go? Nobody is ever going to be able to keep their eyes on it, The whole idea of these type of drones is to be able to go in places you can't and get through tiny gaps to create fantastic footage and clips etcetera. So if you're not technically supposed to that due to lack of a spotter or them not being able to see what you re doing, Why have one in this country.
4-24 09:15
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_LGn42cAxJIh5 Posted at 4-24 09:15
Ok, so I have a genuine question for everybody, I've only got the DJI mini 2 But I Ve been looking at the Avata for a while and now definitely the Avata 2, But my honest question is, since all the rules and regulations changed last year, What is the point of having an FPV Drone in the uk. If you have to have a spotter stood at the side of you, which cannot let the drone go out of their sight, then what's the point of one of these drones, It's bad enough having a small drone like the mini which disappears out of your site within seconds because it's so small, And the same problems going to happen with this plus how fast can go? Nobody is ever going to be able to keep their eyes on it, The whole idea of these type of drones is to be able to go in places you can't and get through tiny gaps to create fantastic footage and clips etcetera. So if you're not technically supposed to that due to lack of a spotter or them not being able to see what you re doing, Why have one in this country.

You always have couple of options...

1. Fly completely legally and keep visual line of sight all the time = no fun / use drone a as a selfie camera
2. Get BVLOS license = not really expensive if you are really into this hobby.
3. Fly in places where no one really cares if you keep visual line of sight or not, and do whatever you want to do.
4. Don't stick strictly to the rules, but fly safe.
4-24 11:12
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
Croatia

player_87 Posted at 4-24 11:12

1. Fly completely legally and keep visual line of sight all the time = no fun / use drone a as a selfie camera  

This. It's not always possible to follow every rule to the letter, but if you use common sense and don't go looking for trouble, you will be fine.
4-24 11:31
Use props
Christian_MUC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023579 ft
Germany

oberschneider.com Posted at 4-18 01:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St338VKo7wY

Interesting, the FCC mode seems to remove the annoying compass in the center.
how can i switch the displayed speed to km/h
4-24 11:37
Use props
djiuser_LGn42cAxJIh5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28458 ft
United Kingdom

player_87 Posted at 4-24 11:12

you say not expensive, Yet I have just checked online and it's a £1000 for that licence, Who on earth has that sort of money to waste? When you've just paid a thousand pound plus for a drone, This is absolutely ludicrous and some of these rules quite frankly. Need to be reluctant because this is beyond the joke, The way things are going, it's going to be pointless even having a drone at all in this country soon
4-25 07:22
Use props
player_87
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_LGn42cAxJIh5 Posted at 4-25 07:22
you say not expensive, Yet I have just checked online and it's a £1000 for that licence, Who on earth has that sort of money to waste? When you've just paid a thousand pound plus for a drone, This is absolutely ludicrous and some of these rules quite frankly. Need to be reluctant because this is beyond the joke, The way things are going, it's going to be pointless even having a drone at all in this country soon

Bro I agree with you that things are going south with all of the recent drone regulations...
regulations made by ppl that have never used a drone, and caused by irresponsible pilots that have decided that it will be fun to fly over an airport..  But I have to disagree with you that BVLOS is expensive... well 1000 pounds might be... All comes down to where will you do your license. I can do it for 400euro in Poland in English language - 16h theory + 9h practice , cost is  similar in most of the eu countries... well except UK and Ireland... but everything is expensive there
4-26 05:39
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules