Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jut ripping about in the Avata2....

Seems very choppy when vierwing the footage from the goggles,  it felt smoother in flight and in person,  I have a lot to learn with this little drone .

Saved from Goggles 3 & Avata 2.

[See My Other Content...]

4-17 05:33
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Great place to fly. The goggle view is always pretty jerky. For the main footage either use EIS or turn that off and stabilize in post with Gyroflow. It has to be in "wide" for that to work. And then of course use music and shorter sequences. (I know you're just flying for fun now... )
4-17 06:09
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 4-17 06:09
Great place to fly. The goggle view is always pretty jerky. For the main footage either use EIS or turn that off and stabilize in post with Gyroflow. It has to be in "wide" for that to work. And then of course use music and shorter sequences. (I know you're just flying for fun now... )

Cheers Depp.   Yes I just flew 3 batteries to get a feel for it,   amazing how fast it can climb, I was quite shocked by that.
4-17 06:24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent break in flight for the Avata 2.    I noticed you kept getting "High Wind Velocity" warnings so that could be why you felt it wasn't as smooth.  
4-17 07:26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You managed to get out after all. Great maiden flight
4-17 07:32
Use props
Codgerzh2
First Officer
Flight distance : 15567024 ft
United Kingdom

Thought you might have tried to keep up with the train and dodged in and out the wheels or something - ha ha nice first flight
4-17 12:44
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5092024 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you're having lots of fun with the new Avata.
4-17 17:02
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-17 17:02
Looks like you're having lots of fun with the new Avata.

First 3 batteries were a blast just ripping about and getting a feel for it,   the 30+ winds didnt hep mind you.
4-17 22:48
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-17 22:48
First 3 batteries were a blast just ripping about and getting a feel for it,   the 30+ winds didnt hep mind you.

You make it look more appealing than others. I would like to try it but I'm not sure if there is enough of a market for the footage.
4-18 03:55
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 03:55
You make it look more appealing than others. I would like to try it but I'm not sure if there is enough of a market for the footage.

You get close with a drone with prop guards

Did you see this

4-18 03:58
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 03:58
You get close with a drone with prop guards

He is a master. Lately he has been using his sony with a gimbal for 80% of the inside work. He must have done a load of prep work for this video. I use prop guards indoors. You never know when the drone is going to get interference. It doesn''t happen often but when it does it's not good.
4-18 04:20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 04:20
He is a master. Lately he has been using his sony with a gimbal for 80% of the inside work. He must have done a load of prep work for this video. I use prop guards indoors. You never know when the drone is going to get interference. It doesn''t happen often but when it does it's not good.

Did you hear why he sold the Ronin 4d.  He mentioned it the other day but didn’t say why.  
4-18 04:35
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 04:35
Did you hear why he sold the Ronin 4d.  He mentioned it the other day but didn’t say why.

He said buying it was a happy accident and he was glad it was gone. He also said he was going to explain it in a later video. I have a different gimbal and was thinking about the ronin. I havent been happy withany gimbal yet. I see a bop in every walking video and would rather use a drone at head level for smooth movements, but it's not always good. I recently did a furniture store video where I go intereferance from steel in the building that could have been a problem. Wrestling with the best way to work and the avata two is another consideration.
4-18 04:42
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-18 03:55

Maybe you could hire one for a week to try.
4-18 21:22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-18 21:22
Maybe you could hire one for a week to try.

I would love to rent one. I will probably pick one up used on Ebay when a bargain becomes available. I would imagine lots of people will trade up.
4-19 04:12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 4-19 04:12
I would love to rent one. I will probably pick one up used on Ebay when a bargain becomes available. I would imagine lots of people will trade up.

Maybe start looking,  theres been a few deals here already that Ive seen. and A few chancers.
4-19 04:39
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 4-19 04:39
Maybe start looking,  theres been a few deals here already that Ive seen. and A few chancers.

I will be. It is an interesting bird.
4-19 14:46
Use props
MBDS
lvl.2

Germany

The Avata is well done, also interesting for professional use. Not always, as always it depends on the requirement
4-22 05:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MBDS Posted at 4-22 05:56
The Avata is well done, also interesting for professional use. Not always, as always it depends on the requirement

Im seeing a few reviews now of all the issues it has in stability so hopefully they can be fixed.
4-22 22:51
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done Daf - I love flying the A2
4-24 02:35
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-24 02:35
Nicely done Daf - I love flying the A2

Cheers AJ,   Its been great fun so far,   apart from hunting in the bushes trying to find it after I managed to stop the motors mid flight whilst flying full manual mode.  
4-24 02:39
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 02:39
Cheers AJ,   Its been great fun so far,   apart from hunting in the bushes trying to find it after I managed to stop the motors mid flight whilst flying full manual mode.

I can imgaine - I think manual flying will scare me to death. Sticking with the motion controller for now but never say never!
4-24 02:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-24 02:41
I can imgaine - I think manual flying will scare me to death. Sticking with the motion controller for now but never say never!

The trick with practicing manual is to get high above obstacles and then know that if you press the left brake button it will flip back to N mode and stabilise itself.     I was trying to get full speed out of mine and flipped the custom toggle thinking it was set to adjust the camera angle and it was set to stop motors,   Luckily it landed in long grass with no damage.  
4-24 02:46
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm a total novice in the FPV world so forgive me for asking basic questions - can you switch to N and S flight modes on the FPV controller and fly it with the same safety as the motion controller i.e. full GPS hold, RTH etc. What makes manual so difficult - it is like flying in ATTI mode on the old drones?
4-24 02:48
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-24 02:48
I'm a total novice in the FPV world so forgive me for asking basic questions - can you switch to N and S flight modes on the FPV controller and fly it with the same safety as the motion controller i.e. full GPS hold, RTH etc. What makes manual so difficult - it is like flying in ATTI mode on the old drones?

Yes you can,   theres a switch on the top edge that moves between N S M.  And if you hit M by mistake it doesnt kick in straight away,  you have to align the sticks to a specific place to activate it.  
4-24 02:50
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 02:50
Yes you can,   theres a switch on the top edge that moves between N S M.  And if you hit M by mistake it doesnt kick in straight away,  you have to align the sticks to a specific place to activate it.

Thats good to know - thanks mate. Once you're in M mode havng activated it can you quickly get out of itback to N mode? Are there any simulators where you can practice before flying?
4-24 02:57
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-24 02:57
Thats good to know - thanks mate. Once you're in M mode havng activated it can you quickly get out of itback to N mode? Are there any simulators where you can practice before flying?

Yes the brake button on the left of the controller goes back to N mode and stabilises the drone for you.

Sadly DJI discontinued the simulator which I was expecting to use to practice with, but you can still practice with on screen controls with either the DJI Virtual Flight or under the Explore tab in the DJI Store app.
4-24 03:02
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 4-24 03:02
Yes the brake button on the left of the controller goes back to N mode and stabilises the drone for you.

Sadly DJI discontinued the simulator which I was expecting to use to practice with, but you can still practice with on screen controls with either the DJI Virtual Flight or under the Explore tab in the DJI Store app.

Thanks Daf - appreciate the advice mate. I may just invest in the FPV RC 3...
4-24 03:03
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 4-24 03:03
Thanks Daf - appreciate the advice mate. I may just invest in the FPV RC 3...

No probs AJ.     
4-24 03:07
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'll be asking your advice if I do lol
4-25 08:19
Use props
Advanced