Difference Between LB Paddle and Wire Antennas
1850 3 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fernsebastian
lvl.2

Germany

Hi.

What is the difference between the normal wire antennas and the paddle antennas for the LB air system? Is there any technical difference (gain)?

Sebastian

2014-12-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the paddle antennas on all my Lightbridge craft, S900, S1000 and P2Z3.  I think they give better performance but I have no empirical data to back that up.  
2014-12-12
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree., When I was first testing the LB back in Feb of last year, there was only the grey antenna.. Once they released the white panel antenna's, I stopped using the others.
2014-12-12
Use props
wh0.is.th3.shad
New

United Arab Emirates

Is there a particular way to mount the antennas to get optimum range?

I've tried mounting them in a \ / position (looking from the nose on) on my QAV400 before, which was great up to 600m in urban areas and got me out to 1km in a more isolated spot once before FS kicked in and brought it home.

I'm getting less range on my Sky Hero Spyder 700 frame at the moment. One possibility is that it's because my frame is carbon and I have the faces of the paddles mounted so that the flat face is facing the ground (you can barely see them mounted under the rear booms in the pic).

I've seen some quads at the shop with them mounted in a 90 degree offset |-- position.

I'm going to try and move the antennas to the legs of my quad next.

Just curious though - any tips?

2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules