6755 17 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marshal4975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172963 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anybody else had to calibrate their IMU before every flight after the most recent firmware upgrade?
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

no one needs to do imu cal. b4 every flight
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is the question
- For every flight since the last FW Version
or
- Before first flight after latest FW Version.
I don't think it is necessary to do it before every flight unless you have moved quit a distance since last flight, something like 400km.
But I think I have seen somewhere here that it should be done after a new FW installation. I installed the latest FW version without any IMU Cal. (Can't find any place level in my house ;-)
Bat
2015-9-13
Use props
marshal4975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1172963 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had to re-calibrate the IMU after every initial flight of the day. This has only occurred after the last firmware upgrade. When the P3 is powered on, I get a message of IMU error. Please calibrate. I have had no crashes and I store it in a hard shell pelican style case.
2015-9-13
Use props
leskay537
New

United States

I had the same problem after storing in a hard case. Try not to store it upside down.
2015-9-13
Use props
MDuLQQk1
New
United States

marshal4975 Posted at 2015-9-13 15:48
I have had to re-calibrate the IMU after every initial flight of the day. This has only occurred aft ...

I am having the same problem.  When I power on my Phantom3, it sounds like it's trying to update all over again with 2 consecutive beeps throughout.  I go to power it up with it saying "IMU Initializing, do not move the aircraft until initialization is complete."  Why the hell???  So now I can't even fly my Phantom anymore... what gives DJI???
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

no need, unless you are going to the new spot, or haven't been doing your calibration for a long time
2015-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have only done two or three  IMU calibrations.
After using the SIM tonight, I placed my Phantom 3 outside for 30 mins to cool down.
When I brought it inside well chilled, I placed a fresh battery in it and gave it a quick IMU calibration.
It seems to be ready for take off/to fly much faster, when after calibrating a chilled bird. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-14
Use props
squaretires
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137664 ft

Canada

I had that IMU warning also and found that after 10 secs or so it would go away ,then go in to aircraft warming up mode.I did a cold IMU calibration and it seems to have cured it.
2015-11-2
Use props
junior.mro.avrz
lvl.2

United States

Me too I have The problem, when I turned on The PHANTOM  at The app say IMU CALIBRATION NEEDED and then say safety to FLY, its crazy, thats The only problem than I have with my P3A nothing else.
2015-11-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-2
Use props
junior.mro.avrz
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-2 19:54
Did you calibrate like it suggested?

Yes i did i read everything i watch videos too i calibrate the IMU and i calibrate the compass, all the updated done and after calibrate the compass say ready to fly, and everithing its okay on my P3A just that problem than always says IMU CALIBRATION BEFORE CALIBRATE THE COMPAS ..
2015-11-6
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-6
Use props
nesscarbjr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140673 ft

IMU initialization.   Every battery was working fine until the day before yesterday.   Now each one has the error message about IMU Initialization.   I have waited up to 10 minutes and connected with up to 17 satellites and I can't fly!   Suggestions?
2016-10-13
Use props
nesscarbjr
lvl.1

How long does initilization take?   I used to switch out a battery and be flying again in 2 minutes!
2016-10-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nesscarbjr@aol. Posted at 2016-10-13 13:26
IMU initialization.   Every battery was working fine until the day before yesterday.   Now each one  ...

Try an IMU calibration as suggested above. Let the aircraft cool for about half an hour or so, and if you can get it a bit cooler in air conditioned room then the warm up period will reduce. Then fresh battery, and on a level surface, run IMU calibration, then restart aircraft, you should notice a difference. I would also take the time to calibrate the Gimbal, The sensors (using DJI Assistant 2), the RC (with aircraft off), and finally the compass (away from all ferrous objects).

My initialisation is about 90-120 seconds after calibrating at Room temperature last time (about 20 C).
2016-10-13
Use props
nesscarbjr
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-13 21:01
Try an IMU calibration as suggested above. Let the aircraft cool for about half an hour or so, and  ...

Thanks.  Will try.
Got all batteries fully charged as well as controller.
Sitting on my desk all worked properly.
Now going to go outside and see if all work there.
Appreciate your input.
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

nesscarbjr@aol. Posted at 2016-10-14 04:45
Thanks.  Will try.
Got all batteries fully charged as well as controller.
Sitting on my desk all  ...

Please let us know if it persists.
2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules