Orbit with Autopilot by Auto Flight Logic question
2001 7 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Yesterday I attempted my first orbit, matter of fact first time using the app. Thought I had everything set up properly. Started the sequence, countdown and the quad just sat there and didn't move. What did I not do properly?

2015-9-13
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a lot of things that could have gone wrong.  My first thought is are you on the current firmware?  Did you pick the right device?  
2015-9-13
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

method007 Posted at 2015-9-13 12:44
There are a lot of things that could have gone wrong.  My first thought is are you on the current fi ...

Yep, current firmware and selected the Inspire 1
2015-9-13
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

method007 Posted at 2015-9-13 12:44
There are a lot of things that could have gone wrong.  My first thought is are you on the current fi ...

I figured it out. Yesterday I didn't flip the switch to the F mode on the receiver. Dope slap.

Now I just need to figure out how to set the POI to not be me.

I didn't realize until I reviewed video from today's testing that the app controls the camera on and off as well as the gimbal.

I await the all inclusive walk through tutorial video of each mode. Even

The other thing: I would have paid more up front for an all inclusive app instead of the ala carte of the in app purchases.
2015-9-13
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

RemLyrics, There are video posted on our site showing you how and what
To do flying all the new modes in our newest firmware version. Do a search
And you should find them. They are very good and show you exactly what
You need to know in order to fly the new modes.
2015-9-16
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

jlivingston6@ve Posted at 2015-9-16 10:23
RemLyrics, There are video posted on our site showing you how and what
To do flying all the new mode ...

OK I watched the 6 minute video on youtube regarding orbit. The one thing I am not clear about it is how to set the POI. The video did not explain it. It just mentioned having made a mistake in having it set to the RC and then correcting it by moving the RC to the point that was intended.

Do I have to fly to the POI and then somehow set it. Do I launch from the POI if i preprogram the flight?

I am not usually a dunce but I am just not getting this set up. I usually look for buttons as a visual que, but here it is just colored lines of text that may or may not be active.

Thanks for any help.
2015-9-18
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

We are coming out with an Orbit tutorial video soon on our youtube channel, but until then you can either drag the Orbit pin on the map, or tap the Set with Aircraft Position button to set the center point.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1uT3BnRBTytfYDQfg7OKfw
2015-9-21
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

When can we expect and android version of auto flight logic or shall we ask Apple?
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules