Multistar Motors
2325 11 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

I just wanted to show my new setup with V2 DJI ESC's and the Turnigy MultiStar 2212 motors. Seems to work just fine after wiring it up and fits just like the stock motors do. I can't test right now outside because of weather, but a tethered flight inside looks ok. I will update when I test them out some. Here is a pic of them installed.
Multistar Motors2.jpg
Multistar Motors2.jpg
2014-12-12
Use props
gsp171
lvl.3

United States

More POWER???
2014-12-12
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

So flew with the new motors today and all went very well. The provided props had major vibration issues though. Gonna try some more with stock props. Also added and X6R FrSky receiver, so I can use my Taranis X9D with it now.
2014-12-12
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

More power, YEAHHH!  Remember the show Home Improvement, I wonder what the "Tool Man" Tim Taylor  would do with a quadcopter!
2014-12-13
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

So I took it out for a proper test flight today with DJI props and it flew very well! The motors don't seem to be more powerful, but they seem at least as good as the stock motors, plus they look way cooler. Using the Taranis to fly was amazing too! It was really easy to install and setup as well. Cheers and happy flying.
2014-12-13
Use props
Autumn
Second Officer

China

More Powerful
You done a very good job!
2014-12-14
Use props
muditgrover
New

Palestine

Hey, I bought them too but I am not sure which cable connects to which one? Can you take a picture and send it?

Thanks
2015-1-19
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

muditgrover@gma Posted at 2015-1-19 16:42
Hey, I bought them too but I am not sure which cable connects to which one? Can you take a picture a ...

If I take it apart any time soon I will take a pic for you. I just soldered them the same way the stock motors were though.
2015-1-19
Use props
muditgrover
New

Palestine

But how did you know which is black/red/yellow?
2015-1-19
Use props
pabbamonto.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Why did you opt for these instead of the stock motors?  Just the look?  Are they less expensive? More power? use less battery?

Thanks
2015-1-19
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

pabbamonto.emai Posted at 2015-1-20 03:24
Why did you opt for these instead of the stock motors?  Just the look?  Are they less expensive? Mor ...

They were significantly cheaper, but I wanted to test them just to see if they would be better. They feel about the same to me as stock. They do look sweet though! They were $24.99 for a set of two motors with bullet connectors (which weren't needed, but maybe in a future build) and 4 props that definitely need balancing.
2015-1-19
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

muditgrover@gma Posted at 2015-1-19 21:37
But how did you know which is black/red/yellow?

I assumed the old colors corresponded the same to the new motors. Here is a pic of how I did it. If they are wrong the motors will just spin the wrong way, then you can change any 2 wires around and it will spin the other way.

P2 Guts.jpg
2015-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules