Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Fly Zones Inspire PRO
2268 10 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pizmo75
lvl.2
Flight distance : 910735 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

I have both an Inspire 1 and a S1000 premium with a gh4. A client of mine wants me to operate at an airport, for which we have permission to do. The thing is, for the job I find the s1000 a bit to big so I want to use the Inspire instead. In the A2 I can switch off the No Fly Zones, in the Inspire I can't. I'd rather fly the Inspire for this job because of its simplicity and size, but DJI is forcing me to choose the bigger machine...

Now the Inspire PRO comes out, so I would really want to see this switching off option of the NFZ's for this machine. I've read in another topic that Tahoe_Ed wrote that this option is only for the professional line.. hey Inspire PRO

So, what do you think? This option to fly for commercial reasons, with all the neccessary approvals, in a No Fly Zone, must be available for companies that require to fly there!

2015-9-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Supposedly they have some sort of process you can go through to provide verification of who you are and that you have actual written permission to fly there and they somehow temporarily disable them, frankly it's probably easier to make a tinfoil hat to block gps signal and fly in atti mode if you're an experienced pilot, lol
2015-9-13
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

I posted this in the other thread.  Professional photography is not determined by what tools we use. I am a professional photographer and the Inspire is the right tool for my clients' requirements.  Btw... doesn't it use the professional A2 controller? Isn't a Phantom model designated "Pro?"

People with the stupid gene are probably smart enough to figure out they can cover the GPS with foil or use older firmware on  NAZA. The DC no fly zone goes into the country and farm fields where I need to fly.  The guy who started this all by crashing onto the WH lawn worked for the Geospatial Intelligence Agency.  If he has the stupid gene why does he still have his job. I understand the reason not to fly these craft near airports and why real aircraft face restrictions here in DC. But what is the risk of flying an Inspire at a farm field in Brandywine Maryland?  

There are at least three small general aviation airports inside this zone. I could take flight training at them. So if I can be permitted to learn to fly within this zone, why can't I fly my Inspire here?
2015-9-13
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

You're totally right, i hope DJI could hears and give us that option...
2015-9-13
Use props
shayd93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247306 ft
  • >>>
United States

You know the difference between Inspire and Inspire Pro is the same as Phantom Advanced and Professional. The camera is the only difference, no changes to the drone itself. Put some tinfoil  on the top of the L1 and have it fly in P-OPTI instead of GPS mode. Next problem?
2015-9-13
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

With tinfoil on top I won't be able to use the waypoint or poi features I want to use. Plus I want to use gps to lock the craft in place for paoramas and stills.
2015-9-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alan, answered this on the other thread.  The Inspire 1 Pro is not out yet.  DJI has no plans to exempt users from the NFZs.  Sorry.
2015-9-13
Use props
alan
lvl.2

United States

So my solution is a Tarot 650 Ironman carrying a Sony APS camera for stills and a Tarot 650 Sport using a 3 axis GoPro gimbal... both on NAZA. I may also use the Inspire with foil over the gps as was suggested and is well known. So IMHO blocking  the Inspire's GPS is only a symbolic action by DJI and serves no purpose
2015-9-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Check out the Authorised DJI Dealer in UK - Heliguy.

They have a temporary solution to remove No Fly Zones if you can prove you are a Commercial Operator and have the necessary approval from the local ATC.

I have also posted a direct link on another thread
2015-9-15
Use props
rodrigue.amyot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19180 ft
Canada

Since when company are the one applying laws!!  IT's to the FAA or in my case Transport Canada to write the law and to the police to apply it. We have autorisation from Transport Canada all the time in C or D flying zone near airport and I would have to go to a store (they are not official inspector BTW) and prouve them I have autorisation to get no fly zone disabled ?????   That's crazy.
If I want to do some drag race with my car at a race track......I dont have to go to a garage to disable a speed limiter.
DJI should stick to building machine and make sure they are flyable ALL THE TIME for obvious security reason and let the authorities handle law and apply it.

Sorry for the bad english, I'm french.
2015-11-7
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

@rodrigue.amyot -  I agree with you 100% and I think as much as I love the product I dislike the business operations that are choking the customer. DJI has no right to get involved with the legal aspects of the inspire 1. That's like purchasing a Lamborghini  only to find that it does 80 mph. What is the difference right?
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules