First flight with Avata 2....maybe I really just need the Goggles?
158 1 4-19 14:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc6753da3
lvl.1
United States

I have many cinematic drones included a Mini Pro 4, but I was excited to try FPV with the new Avata 2. I noticed that when the Avata 2 was fighting the wind, my view in the goggles was constantly rocking side to side which made me a little queasy. When I tried the Goggles 3 with my Mini Pro 4, no such rocking side to side in the goggles.

I think the footage from the Avata 2 is stabilized, but the view in the goggles is not......is there a way to stabilize the view in the goggles with the Avata 2, or is the gimbal on Mini Pro 4 just better for use with the goggles if you are susceptible to motion sickness?

TIA!
4-19 14:42
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are correct.  The Mini 4 Pro has a 3-axis stabilized gimbal that corrects all three axes in real time.  Hence you get a fully stabilized view.  The Avata & Avata 2 have a single axis gimbal that only stabilizes in the vertical.  Smoothing & other stabilization takes place electronically, so you only see it in post.  There is no way to fully stabilize the goggle view from the Avata/Avata 2 in real time.  Obviously a 3-axis gimbal beats a 1-axis gimbal in real-time view.
4-19 16:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules