DJI Goggles 3 Recording Question
311 13 4-20 06:27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stebone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152457 ft
United States

I have MicroSD cards in both my Avata 2 and Goggles 3.  I can record the flight on my Avata 2 SD Card.  How do I record the Goggle 3 to it's MicroSD card and get the HUD recorded as well? I'm new to FPV.  Already have the DJI Air 2S.
4-20 06:27
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Make sure that in Settings -> Camera -> Advanced Camera Settings, "Record With" is set to "Both. If you have "Auto Record on Takeoff" turned on too, it will always start recording both onboard aircraft and the goggles screen automatically whenever you start the motors. To record OSD elements, "Camera View Recording" should be on too.
4-20 07:57
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
United States

Thanks!! , Your info is very helpful
4-20 08:23
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
United States

fichek Posted at 4-20 07:57
Make sure that in Settings -> Camera -> Advanced Camera Settings, "Record With" is set to "Both. If you have "Auto Record on Takeoff" turned on too, it will always start recording both onboard aircraft and the goggles screen automatically whenever you start the motors. To record OSD elements, "Camera View Recording" should be on too.

Interesting enough, I don't have an "Advanced Camera Setting" on my Goggles 3. If I go into the HUD top menu and click record, then it will record the Google 3 independently of the Avata 2.  I have to start them both independently which I was trying to avoid.  I always want to record both and decide what to keep in post.  I'm at the latest firmware level as well.  That was the first thing at first time power up it wanted to do.
4-20 09:10
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Stebone Posted at 4-20 09:10
Interesting enough, I don't have an "Advanced Camera Setting" on my Goggles 3. If I go into the HUD top menu and click record, then it will record the Google 3 independently of the Avata 2.  I have to start them both independently which I was trying to avoid.  I always want to record both and decide what to keep in post.  I'm at the latest firmware level as well.  That was the first thing at first time power up it wanted to do.

It's second to last item in Settings/Camera menu, need to scroll down a bit to get to it, did you try that? (Can also go up with 5D button to skip from top to bottom.)
4-20 11:15
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
United States

fichek Posted at 4-20 11:15
It's second to last item in Settings/Camera menu, need to scroll down a bit to get to it, did you try that? (Can also go up with 5D button to skip from top to bottom.)

Share a video showing the Settings --> Camera.  There is no option.  Called DJI Support and they are aware of the issue.  They said 30% of their support calls are for this issue.  Let me know what FW level your system is at:

Aircraft FW: 01.00.02.00
RC FW: 01.00.01.00
Goggles 3 FW: 01.00.01.00
4-20 11:28
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
United States

fichek Posted at 4-20 11:15

I'm glad you mentioned 5D button.  It seems that the only way you can get to the "Advanced Camera Settings" is with that button.  You can't use the MC laser to scroll past the "Storage" at the bottom.  I was able to turn on the settings now that you recommended - Thanks.
4-20 11:58
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

Stebone Posted at 4-20 11:58
I'm glad you mentioned 5D button.  It seems that the only way you can get to the "Advanced Camera Settings" is with that button.  You can't use the MC laser to scroll past the "Storage" at the bottom.  I was able to turn on the settings now that you recommended - Thanks.

Happy to help. I keep forgetting to use the VR-like pointer of motion controller as I am so used to 5D button from my old goggles it's muscle memory

I did hear some people had issues with that pointer though, like not being able to open side menus etc. so hopefully fixes are coming soon.
4-20 12:56
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
United States

fichek Posted at 4-20 12:56
Happy to help. I keep forgetting to use the VR-like pointer of motion controller as I am so used to 5D button from my old goggles it's muscle memory

I did hear some people had issues with that pointer though, like not being able to open side menus etc. so hopefully fixes are coming soon.

Maybe that was what DJI support was talking about when I called them.  Also, do you know an easy way to line up the footage (.mov on Goggle 3 and .mp4 on Avata 2) instead of by date/time stamp?
4-20 14:25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

dont have goggles3 myself but can you not scroll past with the pointer by briefly holding in the space below the last time, just pause for second; please try, may or may not work.  also have you tried using the joystick to scroll?  start at pg 19 over the next several pages in the manual describes:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf
4-20 19:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In the goggles screen, swipe down from the top to enter the shortcut menu, and tap on "Record" to start recording (This operation requires a connection to the aircraft.)
In the camera view, press the 5D button or push it to the right to open the goggles menu. Then, select "Settings > Camera > Advanced Camera Settings > Record With" to choose between recording both simultaneously or only the goggles, that is recording footage from the goggles and the aircraft at the same time, or solely from the goggles.
4-20 22:05
Use props
Stebone
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-20 22:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. In the goggles screen, swipe down from the top to enter the shortcut menu, and tap on "Record" to start recording (This operation requires a connection to the aircraft.)
In the camera view, press the 5D button or push it to the right to open the goggles menu. Then, select "Settings > Camera > Advanced Camera Settings > Record With" to choose between recording both simultaneously or only the goggles, that is recording footage from the goggles and the aircraft at the same time, or solely from the goggles.

There is an issue with the RC Motion 3 controller where it won't scroll properly on the menu's. Under Settings -> Camera, you couldn't use the pointer to scroll past Storage the the options below it.  The only way was using the 5D switch which @Fichek led me to.  I believe DJI development team is working on this issue.  I have the workaround for now.  Here are the remaining items I need to address:

1. How to get footage off the Goggle 3 wirelessly (like Quick Transfer on Avata 2). This may be a feature request for DJI development.
2. A way of matching up footage between the Goggle-3 (.mov) and Avata 2 (.mp4) without matching up date/time stamps.
4-21 06:09
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
  • >>>
Croatia

The Saint Posted at 4-20 19:31
dont have goggles3 myself but can you not scroll past with the pointer by briefly holding in the space below the last time, just pause for second; please try, may or may not work.  also have you tried using the joystick to scroll?  start at pg 19 over the next several pages in the manual describes:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Goggles_3/DJI_Goggles_3_User_Manual_EN.pdf

Yeah, that doesn't reliable work for everyone, that's the issue and DJI is aware and is working on a fix.
4-21 06:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Stebone Posted at 4-21 06:09
There is an issue with the RC Motion 3 controller where it won't scroll properly on the menu's. Under Settings -> Camera, you couldn't use the pointer to scroll past Storage the the options below it.  The only way was using the 5D switch which @Fichek led me to.  I believe DJI development team is working on this issue.  I have the workaround for now.  Here are the remaining items I need to address:

1. How to get footage off the Goggle 3 wirelessly (like Quick Transfer on Avata 2). This may be a feature request for DJI development.

Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Please be informed that we currently don't have a wireless transfer from the Goggles 3 to the mobile device. You can export the recorded footage using the steps below:

1. Power on the goggles.
2. Use a USB-A to USB-C cable to connect the goggles to your computer via the USB-C port of the goggles, and export the footage as prompted on your computer.

* If you use a USB-C PD cable to connect the goggles to your laptop, open the goggles menu, go to Settings > About, and export the footage in OTG Wired Connection mode.

We will also gather your suggestions about matching up footage and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
4-22 00:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules