109 2 4-20 12:04
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djsteve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1709272 ft
  • >>>
United States

The current and non-adjustable FOV/zoom level of the Goggles 3 “live view” (camera) view is too restrictive in my opinion. The view is zoomed in and does not emulate the distances that the viewer might expect if they were seeing “through” the goggles. This makes actions like attempting to adjust or pick up the drone with your hands difficult because of errors in distance perception. I would like to see either a more natural zoom level or, more preferably, an adjustable view.
4-20 12:04
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, djisteve. Thank you for your feedback. The Real View mode is designed to reduce the need to frequently remove your goggles during activities like swapping the drone's battery, toggling the power on or off, and managing drone takeoffs and landings. Hence, the FOV is smaller compared to natural human vision and the image sent back from the drone. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your valued support.
4-20 19:30
Use props
djsteve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1709272 ft
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate your response and agree with your stated use cases. These are exactly the kind of activities that are made more difficult with the chosen zoom level, as it does not visually match to the physical distance between the user and the objects being grasped. Thus when reaching for the drone to change the battery, the user will often miss as it appears at a different distance in the viewfinder than it would with the goggles off. Compare this to the experience using other goggles with a live view, such as the Sony PSVR2 or the Apple Vision Pro, where a much more realistic zoom level is used and reaching for objects is very easy and natural.
4-20 20:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules