Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
pink flicker and white zebra on Phantom 3 Pro Video
3045 12 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wzmerkel
lvl.1
United States

I've been getting two different types of artifacts in my phantom 3 professional video. Over white areas I get a black and white zebra pattern, (not overexposure warning as that is both turned off and does not show up in the raw video.) and I also get a pink flicker in the video as well. I have switched movie formats, refresh rates, updated firmware, reset everything. I have also been in talk with the DJI US support for the past 3-4 months trying to get this solved, but all they repeatedly tell me to reset the camera and buy a ND filter. That was been the extent of their help. The last reply after I sent them a second video showing the problems took them 22 days to respond and say, again, visit our store to buy a ND filter and reset the camera, and see if that works. Obviously it did not work.  Any input you guys have would be amazing.

Here is a link to the latest video that shows both of the artifacts.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... nM/view?usp=sharing

2015-9-13
Use props
squaretires
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137664 ft

Canada

Turn off over exposure warning in camera settings
2015-9-16
Use props
squaretires
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137664 ft

Canada

2015-9-16
Use props
louis.lowveldlu
lvl.2

South Africa

2015-9-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Right, it is over exposure warning, just turn it off
2015-9-17
Use props
wzmerkel
lvl.1
United States

Over exposure warning IS off as I stated. Also over exposure warnings do not show up in the recorded video. Zebra stripes are always at a 45* angle, these are vertical.
2015-9-17
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

wzmerkel Posted at 2015-9-17 07:21
Over exposure warning IS off as I stated. Also over exposure warnings do not show up in the recorded ...

It definitely looks like an over exposure problem. Are you shooting in manual or automatic modes?  What have you tried in the camera settings?
2015-9-17
Use props
wzmerkel
lvl.1
United States

I am shooting in manual. It does have to do with exposure because if I stop down they don't show up. However there is still the problem of that happening if I want to overexpose a shot for a specific reason or I am going from an area that is dark to an area that is bright. I have never seen this happen on any camera before until this.

DJI is taking it in for service. They said the lines and pink flicker are most likely a camera and gimbal problem.
2015-9-18
Use props
loganboyd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having a slightly related issue except mine leaves no artifacts in photos or video but just on the live feed to my device.
You can see from 2 of the 3 attached images what the issue is with mine. In the 3rd photo where it looks normal this was a screen shot taken while pausing the playback video on my iPhone for the few frames where the issue disappeared.
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
2015-10-9
Use props
gka67ss
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the exact same issue, can you please keep us updated as to what the resolution from dji is?
2015-10-10
Use props
Fiona Lake
lvl.1
Flight distance : 552320 ft

I know this is an old thread - but I'd love to know the outcome as I have the same problem & it appears to be unusual as there's almost nothing online about it.
NO it is not the overexposure warning; as stated above - the pink & white stripes appear on the actual images (it's not just on the screen), only in over exposed areas, & they are vertical not horizontal.
Presume the machine may have to go in for a repair but trying to avoid having to send it away!
2018-7-24
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Fiona Lake Posted at 2018-7-24 00:16
I know this is an old thread - but I'd love to know the outcome as I have the same problem & it appears to be unusual as there's almost nothing online about it.
NO it is not the overexposure warning; as stated above - the pink & white stripes appear on the actual images (it's not just on the screen), only in over exposed areas, & they are vertical not horizontal.
Presume the machine may have to go in for a repair but trying to avoid having to send it away!

Over-exposure zebra lines are diagonal, thick and evenly spaced.  Unfortunately these vertical lines actually show a defective camera.  There are a number of threads with exactly the same problem on the forum.  I believe this cannot be repaired and the camera needs to be replaced.  I can't tell you why you are getting the pink flashes but I bet they are related to the camera defect and will not be present in a replacement camera.
2018-7-24
Use props
fans024e2c63
lvl.1
United States

Fiona Lake Posted at 2018-7-24 00:16
I know this is an old thread - but I'd love to know the outcome as I have the same problem & it appears to be unusual as there's almost nothing online about it.
NO it is not the overexposure warning; as stated above - the pink & white stripes appear on the actual images (it's not just on the screen), only in over exposed areas, & they are vertical not horizontal.

I send the quadcopter to DJI and they replaced the camera. Everything works great now.
2018-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules