Any chance DJi to stop cutting files at 3.7GB?
254 12 4-20 22:13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I understand why they started doing this when in ancient times file systems did not support bigger files, but this is long gone
Why I am asking now and here, because of Gyroflow - a very nice but very time-consuming procedure with several steps if I am to use the Gyroflow app, But there's an DaVinci plugin and it works great - BUT as there are multiple files it works file by file and stitching them poses problem which will be avoided If the drone writes One file per clip.
So do You have a plan at least to give an option?
4-20 22:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you drag all of the files from the same flight and drop them on Gyroflow it will automatically merge them for you
4-20 23:10
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 4-20 23:10
If you drag all of the files from the same flight and drop them on Gyroflow it will automatically merge them for you

Yep I know that - but it take time and require double processing - I try to use Gyroflow plugin in Davinci
4-21 02:34
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

alex_markov Posted at 4-21 02:34
Yep I know that - but it take time and require double processing - I try to use Gyroflow plugin in Davinci

... there are much more important things than the summary of 3 - 4GB file pieces...
4-21 02:41
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah OK. I prefer to just use the app,   I feel it gives better control.  And the merge is so fast.
4-21 02:50
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Alex. This is normal. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4G size. There is no announced resolution yet but I'm more than glad to help you forward your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.
4-21 03:01
Use props
MRDroneRookie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2007070 ft
Canada

As DAFlys mentioned it is quick to merge files in gyroflow. It does the merge separate from the stabilization. Only takes about 10 seconds to merge 2 - 3.7gig files on my laptop.
4-21 05:36
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 03:01
Hi, Alex. This is normal. Due to the limitation of the SD card file system and to protect the safety of your footage, the video will be automatically split when the size of the video reaches 4G size. There is no announced resolution yet but I'm more than glad to help you forward your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation. We appreciate your patience.

Dear Tony, this is Not normal, those limitations are long forgotten past... But obviously, I am the only one asking for this, as the rest are looking for workarounds - both space and time-consuming workarounds
Well, I have been in this forum since 2017 and am well aware that my wishes mean nothing, but who knows 7 years ago I was asking for filenames with a date-time names instead of dji0001 - in 2024 finally this happened
4-21 07:12
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

I agree 100%.  We need to have the option to change the max file size like on a GoPro (with Labs firmware.)  It's an annoying extra step to merge the files.  And since we have been using ExFAT for over a decade now, the 4GB max file limit
4-21 09:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alex_markov Posted at 4-21 07:12
Dear Tony, this is Not normal, those limitations are long forgotten past... But obviously, I am the only one asking for this, as the rest are looking for workarounds - both space and time-consuming workarounds
Well, I have been in this forum since 2017 and am well aware that my wishes mean nothing, but who knows 7 years ago I was asking for filenames with a date-time names instead of dji0001 - in 2024 finally this happened

I understand. I have already submitted your concern to the designated team for awareness. Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-22 02:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

The Duck Posted at 4-21 09:07
I agree 100%.  We need to have the option to change the max file size like on a GoPro (with Labs firmware.)  It's an annoying extra step to merge the files.  And since we have been using ExFAT for over a decade now, the 4GB max file limit

We understand the inconvenience. We would like to assure you that we are committed to providing the best user experience. Your valuable feedback will be promptly forwarded to the relevant team for a thorough evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.
4-22 02:58
Use props
Shadetail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 785125 ft
Croatia

I also prefer to use Gyroflow plugin. Good news is that this is possible even with split files, as there is an app made specifically for this Gyroflow use case. It can be downloaded from github: https://github.com/gyroflow/mp4-merge
4-27 03:56
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Shadetail Posted at 4-27 03:56
I also prefer to use Gyroflow plugin. Good news is that this is possible even with split files, as there is an app made specifically for this Gyroflow use case. It can be downloaded from github: https://github.com/gyroflow/mp4-merge

Same efect can be achieved with gyroflow app itself. But it double the files and pose additional step.
4-27 05:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules