Goggles 2 battery recharge in Windows USB computer port
156 5 4-21 15:48
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
layabout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150633 ft
United States

Hello: I sometimes have certain charging limitations  such that I want to charge my Goggles 2 battery in Windows10 computer,  via cable direct plug in to the USB 3.0 plug (using a C to USB adapter,  of course). Im thinking how various devices can be charged by plugging  into a computer, and if I even use the DJI consumer drone app, is it  do-able?  Can this pose a threat to the Goggles 2 battery, or to  computer components? Could it harm the computer battery, or the  motherboard? Or which components could it effect on the computer? Any  educated guesses?

Thanks for any knowledge-

4-21 15:48
Use props
vesh
lvl.3

Malaysia

goggles 2 battery can be charge to the computer using a USB-C to USB-A cable. please note that Goggles 2 does not support computer connection using a USB-C to USB-C cable. Additionally,  DJI Goggles 2 only supports standard USB-C cables and MFI-certified Lightning cables. If your laptop is equipped with a USB-C port, it is recommended to use an OTG cable to connect the goggles. As on the user manual, I believe it won't harm your computer components or batteries.
4-21 22:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
4-21 23:29
Use props
djiuser_eE3HMEXOgxoG
New

Iceland

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-21 23:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this with our relevant team for further clarification. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your patience.
I bought Dji goggles 2 and dji remote controller 2 but I don't have a charger. Can I charge devices with the original old Dji Mavic Air charger over USB ports?
MODEL: P1C50 / Input:100-240V~1.8A 50-60Hz / OUTPUT: 13.20V 3.79A (Main); 5.0V=2.0A Total (USB) / Total Output Power: 50W Max

Or I have to buy a new charger? If so... please info which model?

Thx! ;⁠)
4-22 12:20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for patiently waiting. Yes, the computer can charge the goggles 2 battery and it will not harm either the battery or the computer. You can test it manually. Hope this helps.
4-24 20:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_eE3HMEXOgxoG Posted at 4-22 12:20
I bought Dji goggles 2 and dji remote controller 2 but I don't have a charger. Can I charge devices with the original old Dji Mavic Air charger over USB ports?
MODEL: P1C50 / Input:100-240V~1.8A 50-60Hz / OUTPUT: 13.20V 3.79A (Main); 5.0V=2.0A Total (USB) / Total Output Power: 50W Max

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is recommended to use a USB Power Delivery charger to charge the Goggles 2 battery if the power level is too low. Also, the max charging power of the Goggles 2 is 12.6 W (5 V/2 A, 9 V/1.4 A). Hope this helps.
4-24 20:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules