Corrupt VIdeo Files!? Lost important footage...
135 8 4-22 23:54
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidst98
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Guys,

I have a huge problem. At the weekend I took some super important shots with the Mini 3 Pro for an event.
I backed up the data both days in the evening.
On day 2 I also watched a recording from day 2 via the Smart remote, it worked without any problems.
Now I'm editing and almost all the data is corrupt and can't be played back. I have already run Wondershare, Disk Drill, EaseUs, nothing has helped.

I also have the SD card in the drone, some preview images are displayed there, but the videos cannot be played.
Is there a solution? The video duration is also displayed correctly on the Smart Remote.

I am incredibly grateful for any help - it really is a big problem for me.

Thank you so much!!!!

Best Regards
David

[img]https://forum33.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/blob:https://forum.dji.com/f9f6e0e6-c24f-44ab-81c6-31cea915c951[/img]

4-22 23:54
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Not entirely clear... All images and videos are stored on the drone card. There they are in full resolution. take a card reader and read the files. They are allright? What codec was the video filmed in? H.265? Can your editor handle them?
4-23 00:00
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

To transfer files to your computer, you can connect a drone with the power off to the USB port, the drone will work as a card reader and you can transfer the data.Although no... this only works for Mini 4.
4-23 00:02
Use props
davidst98
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,
ah I didn't describe it properly
I backed up the SD card to external SSDs via a card reader. On Day 1 and Day 2.
The recordings are not played anywhere. I haven't formatted the SD card in the meantime, but it doesn't work either. Regardless of whether I insert it into the laptop or connect the drone via USB-C. Only the thumbnails are visible on the Smart Remote. If I want to play it, however, an error message appears. I have tested Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve, Finalcut Pro, VLC Player, Quicktime and Windows Media Player.
The recordings were recorded in H.265 (4k 50fps).

4-23 00:09
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

davidst98 Posted at 4-23 00:09
Hi,
ah I didn't describe it properly  
I backed up the SD card to external SSDs via a card reader. On Day 1 and Day 2.

This is the worst option, the probable cause is damage to the memory card... File recovery utilities will not help here, because the files were copied and the file structure is not damaged, but the content is damaged...
I would try again to put the card in the drone and write a test file and check.
4-23 00:16
Use props
davidst98
lvl.1

Germany

yes, that's the worst case scenario that could ever happen...

I tested it, if I record something on the same SD Card, it's complete playable....
4-23 00:25
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

davidst98 Posted at 4-23 00:25
yes, that's the worst case scenario that could ever happen...

I tested it, if I record something on the same SD Card, it's complete playable....

What if you put the card in a drone and try to play it in the drone?
4-23 00:33
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try running the videos through handbrake.fr and converting them back to H264 - it's a free tool and may save something for you.
4-23 03:24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, davidst98. Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm, which microSD card did you back up? Is it the one from the RC or the drone? What microSD card are you using? Can you please share with us a sample file for us to check? Please upload it to a shareable link like Google Drive or DropBox.
4-24 09:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules