Phantom 2 with HD-3D & Gopro - review and questions..
2020 4 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob
New

Norway

I just bought my very first DJI Phantom Vision 2 with the h3-3D mounted for gopro. Very happy with but I see there is room for some improvement.

Wish there wash a easier way to mount and unmount the camera. And i have two things im trying to figure out. Could not find any easy solution while googling.

- Anyone know a solution to display gopro view on my mobile / pad while flying ? As i have been notified that i have to turn off my gopros wifi to be able to fly. It uses the same frequency as the phatom or something?

- Does anyone here also know about some kind of extra lens solution for the cmarea, so that you do not see the arms (and led lights ) of the Phantom of in the video.
I have a problem with theese appearing and also the red light from the ledlights keeps bleeding into the videa and images.

Thanx for any replies! :-)
2014-12-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Agreed, the design for attaching/detaching the camera could be improved.

Yes, GoPro WiFi and Phantom remote control use the same 2.4Ghz frequency spectrum.  There are a number of different channels within that range and the only way to know if they are going to interfere is by trial and error (hopefully no errors!)

You can adjust the vertical and horizontal limits of the camera within the Vision Assistant software so the camera doesn't tilt up far enough to see the arms or props.  There are a number of aftermarket lens shades available on eBay, Amazon, etc.  I'm currently trying one from Shapeways but haven't made a thorough set of test flights yet to say it fixes the problem completely.

ShapewaysLensShade.gif
2014-12-12
Use props
parti
lvl.1

Hungary

2014-12-15
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Don't know any way to use a tablet or phone.  FPV is your best option (lots mentioned here, search a bit).

I think it's a bad idea to have the GoPro wifi turned on in any flight situation.  Even if it did work, it wouldn't work well/far, and risks interfering with controlling the Phantom.

Rubber bands or velcro can be used to hold the camera in place.  I agree, shouldn't need a tool to remove or install the camera.
2014-12-15
Use props
humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

Here is a product for quick release of the GoPro from the H3-3D.

My Hanger
Phantom 2 w/H3-3D gimbal & GoPro Hero3+, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, Large Skids
Phantom 2 w/600tvl, 400mw 1.3 vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, 2.4 Notch Filter, V2 ESC's, MultiStar 2212 Motors, FrSky X6R, Custom Skids
Lumenier QAV250 Carbon on 4S,
600tvl, Cobra 2204/1960 Motors, KISS 18a ESC's, Angled/Extended Mounts, CC3D, FrSky D4R-II, Mobius (almost done!)
Hubsan X4 Stock mini racer, Hubsan X4107D Non FPV(now) racer project, Taranis X9D w/external Antenna & 2200mah lipo, Dominator V2 goggles
2014-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules