235 9 4-23 13:51
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Polar Black
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16434 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a question more of curiosity than problem. I recently received my Avata 2 fly more combo. On the goggles 3 there are what appear to be 2 cameras to the left and right front of the goggles. I belived these were both cameras, but in testing, it seems they are not. When the goggles are in "live view", if you place your hand or an object over the right side camera, all visuals are lost (as if the single camera feeds both screens in the goggles). If you place your hand or an object over the leftmost lens, nothing is blocked. As a matter of fact, you cannot see what is directly in front of the leftmost camera. Does anyone know if the leftmost lens is some type of sensor or just cosmetic? I contacted DJI, but was told by one rep it was an engineering question and he did not know. I spoke with a second rep that told me the opening did perform a function but could not tell me what it was. Does anyone in che community have more information on the function of both of these "cameras"?
Thanks!
4-23 13:51
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

If there isn't any information on this, can someone simply verify if they are seeing the same behavior or not with their goggles 3? At least that way I can verify if there is an issue with mine. Thanks!
4-23 16:29
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

Polar Black Posted at 4-23 16:29
If there isn't any information on this, can someone simply verify if they are seeing the same behavior or not with their goggles 3? At least that way I can verify if there is an issue with mine. Thanks!

from what i know there are 2 modes for the pass-through view
one is the 2d view and one is 3d
i assume that in 2d it use one camera, right one
and in 3d both
go to settings display and check it out
4-23 16:50
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

nightfly Posted at 4-23 16:50
from what i know there are 2 modes for the pass-through view
one is the 2d view and one is 3d
i assume that in 2d it use one camera, right one

Thank you for your reply!!!  I don't know how I missed this in the manual. It seems if the real view PIP is active, then the cameras default to 2D mode, which is a single goggles camera. The 2D/3D option is grayed out when PIP is active. Once I deactivated PIP, the 3D option became available and once that was selected, the second camera came online. Mystery solved!
Again, thank you for taking the time to reply.
4-23 17:11
Use props
nightfly
lvl.4

Romania

have fun with your drone!
and let us know if you did notice this when you fly it:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D930%26typeid%3D930
4-23 17:26
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

why would 3d mode not be available in PIP mode?
4-23 23:12
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

BadBert Posted at 4-23 23:12
why would 3d mode not be available in PIP mode?

I wondered about that myself when I was testing this. Processing power of the goggles maybe??  Not sure if one of the data streams that would normally show the second camera is used to stream the PIP instead. Maybe only 2 feeds at once or something like that. But that's only a conclusion derived by using the S.W.A.G. method (Scientific Wild Ass Guess).
4-24 00:12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Polar Black. Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm, are you referring to these two (No. 16)?
4-25 05:21
Use props
Polar Black
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 05:21
Hi, Polar Black. Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm, are you referring to these two (No. 16)?
[view_image]

Yes, i was. The issue has been sorted out now. Thank you for reaching out.
Cheers!
4-25 09:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Polar Black Posted at 4-25 09:18
Yes, i was. The issue has been sorted out now. Thank you for reaching out.
Cheers!

Thank you for confirming. We're glad that it has been sorted out. We also have confirmed that this is normal. When the Real View mode of DJI Goggles 3 is set to 2D, only the right camera works, whereas in 3D mode, both cameras are operational. Happy flying!
4-26 06:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules