Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
gimbal problem
1445 3 2014-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolfain
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi all

Just bought a phantion 2 vision +, today was my first crash.. drone hit the wall, and landed something like 10m or so onto a concrete floor. The battery got ejected out from the body from the force as it crashed. I thought it was done for.

Anyway, some minor body damage, and all seems okay (flies okay) whew!

However, there is a slight issue with the gimbal. When I start the drone, I NOW get a warning sign on my iphone HUD that the gimbal is locked in placed (it seems to be moving okay) as if the guard is holding it, but clearly its not. When I take off, the warning sign goes off, and everything else seems as per normal. I think.

Any ideas as why this is the case? Or anything I can do to rectify this?

Thanks!

2014-12-12
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

The gimbal parts are only friction mounted on the shafts so what may have happened is one of the axis may have been twisted out of it's normal range of motion and the sensors are telling it there is a fault.  After the Phantom finishes the start up sequence where is the camera pointing, straight ahead, canted to one side, etc?  Does the camera respond to the gimbal controls?  First thing to try is re-calibrate everything and see if the warning goes away.  If you want to try any physical attempts at adjusting the gimbal shafts there are a number of YouTube videos, I would recommend reviewing several before you decide you're going to go that route.
2014-12-12
Use props
deanspy
New

Greece

Tore the ribbon cable that runs in the H3-2D gimbal. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement. How easy would it be to replace if I got the spare?
2014-12-14
Use props
parti
lvl.1

Hungary

no vision+ ribbon cabel??!!! f*...k

Today I worked on this all day and results:   
2014-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules