New P3 replacment I got on Friday has different motors.
2608 10 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
druiz100
lvl.2

United States

Did DJI change the motors on the Phantom 3 Pro.  I sent my in to the LA repair shop with Stress cracks in the rear arms and they sent me a brand new replacement.  I went to use the metal wrench to turn off the prop and there was no place to put the wrench any more on the motor.  I looked at the motor more closely and looked at a picture of my 1st P3 motors and I was right.  So I am asking, does anyone know if they changed the Phantom 3 Pro motors?

Oh before you ask, it took a month from the day they checked in my P3 to get New P3 at my front door.

Thanks

2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

yes there apparently are new motors. i would not use the wrench to put on the props or take them off. hand tight is plenty. u do not want to overtighten the props with the wrench.
2015-9-13
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

yup, as ray says, there are a new variant being shipped. no wrench with them, it should have come with a clamp-type-tool. looks like a fat pair of tweezers with a motor-shaped hole in the middle.  you can see it here.

my question: are there new esc's in them too?

there is a thread from another person who says that they switched out the "old" motors with the "new" ones on his P3 and that it just doesn't fly like it used to... they suspect the original esc's with the new motors as the source of the issue.

druiz, i would be happy to hear a report back from you about how your who new P3 works. a month without your original may make the memory a bit weak (mine would be), but it would be interesting to hear anyway.

thanks.
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-14 15:22
yup, as ray says, there are a new variant being shipped. no wrench with them, it should have come wi ...

Since the difference between old and new motors is not that big, there is not need for a new ESC's
2015-9-13
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-14 09:50
Since the difference between old and new motors is not that big, there is not need for a new ESC's

thanks tim!
2015-9-14
Use props
druiz100
lvl.2

United States

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-14 15:22
yup, as ray says, there are a new variant being shipped. no wrench with them, it should have come wi ...

Sure i post how it flies.  One odd thing.  My first P3 came with firmware 119.  this one with the newer motors came with version 118 loaded.  Also this Phantom 3 pro,  the gimbal don't have mold lines that look like cracks.   But the gimbal base has this odd scratch:

When I sent the P3 in all i sent was the P3 and controller.  That is all they sent back new to me.
2015-9-14
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The color of the fan on the gimbal control also changed from silver to black
2015-9-14
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Swedrone Posted at 2015-9-14 07:00

I dont have a fan on my P3A gimbal control.
2015-9-14
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As mentioned in several other threads, yes, new motors.

I agree with Ray.  You don't need a wrench.  I use one hand to mount and dismount props (strong thumbs).  Personally, I do not remove the props any more than I have to.  Every time you do, you are wearing the plastic threads just a little bit more, and even stand a chance of weakening them when you tighten them down.  Only remove when needed and check the threads often if you do.
2015-9-14
Use props
druiz100
lvl.2

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-9-14 21:00

My fan is still silver
2015-9-14
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer