How bad is the lowlight quality on the dji o3 air unit?
145 2 4-25 11:59
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

How bad is the lowlight quality on the dji o3 air unit?

thanks for the time

4-25 11:59
Use props
fichek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915554 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Not terrible, not great. Better than Action 2, worse than Action 4/Avata 2. If there's for example street lights, you can make it useable, especially if you go down to 60fps (you could go 30 but that's just not worth it as it's too hard to fly in a slideshow imo).

Here's an example of me flying in a dark-ish abandoned building with an ND8 (since I flew outside too and there was still a decent amount of daylight outside) at 120 FPS (go to about 1:05 in the video to switch to O3AU footage, before that is Action 2 at 4k30, 1/60 shutter and also with ND8). It's a bit grainy, but you could reduce that by losing ND filter and using some post-processing. There's no noise reduction in post on this video and iirc I also turned down the onboard noise reduction by 1 or 2 points in advanced camera settings.

Of course, if you don't care about the recorded video, but only want to know how well it does for flying in low light - I'd say with auto iso limit set to max possible value, it still looks better than any non-starlight analog camera
4-25 14:19
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

fichek Posted at 4-25 14:19
Not terrible, not great. Better than Action 2, worse than Action 4/Avata 2. If there's for example street lights, you can make it useable, especially if you go down to 60fps (you could go 30 but that's just not worth it as it's too hard to fly in a slideshow imo).

Here's an example of me flying in a dark-ish abandoned building with an ND8 (since I flew outside too and there was still a decent amount of daylight outside) at 120 FPS (go to about 1:05 in the video to switch to O3AU footage, before that is Action 2 at 4k30, 1/60 shutter and also with ND8). It's a bit grainy, but you could reduce that by losing ND filter and using some post-processing. There's no noise reduction in post on this video and iirc I also turned down the onboard noise reduction by 1 or 2 points in advanced camera settings.

Thanks for the input. very helpful. It looks like it's not as bad is i though, which is nice. haha yes much better than any analog by far.
4-26 09:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules